💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

“Gaga needs to stop giving Bradley all the Credit”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Aga Gydal

I think she’s doing the right thing, as unnerving as it may come off. Gaga’s been on the other side of this, where any air of confidence is perceived by people as hubris. Anyone else remember the Born This Way days when critics called her cocky and narcissistic? I remember comparisons to Kanye West, calling her pompous just coz she wasn’t meek. I hated that ****, and I’m sure she did too. 

She does owe a lot to Bradley by the way. A lot a lot. She surely recognizes her talents and isn’t doubting that her performance is excellent because she’s excellent, but I do think as a female public figure you have to walk this tightrope of optics that just isn’t fair. She’s not responsible for all women. She’s allowed to be extremely grateful, and she’s allowed to be self-congratulating. 

Honestly, we really need to stop policing her and other women on how they need to be “perceived.” We think we’re helping out women at large but all we’re doing is trying to manipulate as well. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antichrist
5 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

This article here epitomises what annoys me about society and the media alike. They take something that doesn't have an ounce of an issue in it, they re-contextualise it and make it an issue.

All she's done is thank and praise Bradley Cooper for his support, direction and guidance that he gave to her during this film. She's not implied she was nothing prior to winning the role, nor is she disservicing women or claiming men are superior. That is bullshit.

She's being gracious, humble. The writer and everyone agreeing should look those words up.

pin it

tumblr_owoe1fdjzZ1qby767o2_500.gif

read it

what's it called?

everybody loves it

THE ****ING TRUTH

Spoiler

honestly the writer of the article went full feminist mode:

Her comments tell the legions of "Little Monsters" that men deserve everything, no matter the circumstance, and that women, no matter their own star stature, are simply lucky to be in the presence of such genius; that we're here to lift them up and make them look better because of our efforts, like decoration.

IT'S CALLED BEING HUMBLE & THANKFUL TO ANOTHER PERSON, THE ****

I dont agree. But at this point, it will be nice if she will answer the questions. If its about Bradley or the movie, give the credit to the director. But if its something else, dont answer what you want. 

djBuffoon

I have to agree. Cooper directed her and delivered a beautiful film, but it was Gaga who worked diligently with an acting coach and gave a truly impressive performance. 

gagaisitalian

I was just thinking this today. Bradly even looks annoyed with her sometimes when they're doing interviews and all she can do is talk about him.

The ASIB film and soundtrack were incredible, but jeez this has been the most annoying press cycle of hers. Even more so than ARTPOP.

GunninMan

This thread makes me so angry and sad for Gaga to be honest. How do y’all sit there and call yourselves fans of hers and then turn around and call her annoying and desperate for approval? I swear this fan base is the only one that picks apart their fave on the level that some of you lot do. It’s pretty disgusting. I can only imagine the reaction she would get from some of y’all if she gave herself the credit you claim she should be giving herself when answering these questions. She literally can’t win. It’s no wonder she doesn’t interact with us the way she used to. Some of y’all are so vile. I would ignore my fan base too if some of y’all belonged to it.

FentyGa
4 hours ago, Aga Gydal said:

I think she’s doing the right thing, as unnerving as it may come off. Gaga’s been on the other side of this, where any air of confidence is perceived by people as hubris. Anyone else remember the Born This Way days when critics called her cocky and narcissistic? I remember comparisons to Kanye West, calling her pompous just coz she wasn’t meek. I hated that ****, and I’m sure she did too.

I men she did call Born This Way the album of the generation:laughga:
I wpuldn't go as far as Kaney but she said a few things that came off as pretencious. Especially dring ARTPOP.

Gagaloo911

I agree to an extent but internalized misogyny?? I mean come on now that's just comical :laughga:

Gaga is an unapologetic and unabashed WOMAN who is proud of that fact.. 

Schwerk

The Golden Globe speech did surprise me a bit not gonna lie. Girl needs to accept credit where credit is due. She's a team player and super loyal which is very admirable and I love this about her, but I don't like it when she downplays herself like this. Bless Mark Ronson who in the GG pressroom made it very clear that Gaga is the leader of their pack. 

She truly is humble and polite and I can imagine with her superstar status it must be hard that the focus is always on her. She is always the biggest star in the room, even with Bradley Cooper. People want to see what she's wearing, want pictures with her, want to ask her questions and by that they (unintentionally) ignore her. It's always all about her and she learned to direct people's attention to the people around her who work with her. She cares mostly about being a good friend and colleague. 

I hope she finds more of a balance when she keeps growing as an actress and musician and take pride in her craft in a more badass way like she did in the past.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Tresor

And yet, when Bradley Cooper or Mark Ronson are interviewed, they do nothing but sing praises for Gaga and cite her as the most integral part of the film, never themselves. I think everyone involved has such a mutual respect and admiration for one another but to those of us on the outside, it comes across like the article suggests. It's really just a matter of perspective, although perhaps Gaga could benefit from some self-awareness to how the public perceives this dynamic.

gypsy101
14 hours ago, Adakam said:

To be realistic, an Oscar wouldnt be the best idea at this point. People would find a way to devalue it, just like many did with her AHS globe.

The way everything is going rn is the best scenario possible.

ehhh Oscars are much more difficult to devalue than golden globes. you can go into a whole litany of reasons why golden globes are less prestigious than Oscars.

LaLuna

All the people screaming "TEA!!!", are you serious?

Her main gig is singing and performing, not acting. Bradley believed in her talent and gave her a leading role in a big movie. And they're saying she's too humble? :saladga:

She's just super grateful to Bradley for giving her the opportunity of a lifetime. We joke a lot about the whole "100 people in a room" meme, but we need to remember that when she was just a 19 year old New York girl with a big dream, she struggled a lot because a lot of people didn't believe in her. So of course she's gonna be grateful when someone recognizes her talent.

Personally I love that she's so humble. So many celebs have a diva attitude nowadays, Gaga's modesty is quite refreshing.

Giorno Giovanna

the writer seems to enjoy hating on men

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

beaublue
18 hours ago, ArtyRoberto said:

She hasn't said that quote since October...

I didn’t say she has? I said I think it sounds disingenuous. 

Archived