1. 1. Your Favourite Lana Album

• Born To Die
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence
    • Honeymoon
    • Lust For Life

Featured Posts

Anderson123

Lust For Life. It's actually the one that made me like her. I had listened to Born To Die, Paradise and Ultraviolence when each of them came out and didn't really understand why the gays were going crazy about her, I found her really boring and pretentious so didn't really pay attention to her, only liked Diet Mtn Dew.

Then she released a song called High By The Beach which I heard weeks later and I actually liked it, so I gave that album a listen and liked Salvatore. Then she started teasing with Love and Lust For Life, liked both songs. Then I really loved Summer Bummer, Groupie Love and Get Free. I mean, I do like some of her songs and started listening to them and liked Shades of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, Summertime Sadness. She's kind of interesting but honestly I feel like she's a little bit overrated in the gay community.

GypsyVida

Ultraviolence. However I feel like Norman F*cking Rockwell is gonna tie with Ultraviolence. They have the same vibe.

I just pray there is a song similar to Florida Kilos on NFR. A BOP!

Stream COWBOY CARTER

HausOfHarlow

It is hard for me to decide what my favorite Lana album is... I like them all for different reasons. I have favorite tracks off of each, most of which are my most played songs in my iTunes library. I discovered Lana's music right before here EP release in 2012 - so I like to say I've been with her since the beginning (at least the beginning of the version of LDR we know today).

My vote goes to Honeymoon. While I appreciate the smoothness and production of BTD/Paradise, the rawness of UV and the "little bit of everything" from L4L, Honeymoon just puts me in a mood. Every song on that album is a great track IMO, I don't skip any of them, except maybe the Interlude. It is the most listenable to me, and the lyricism and storytelling in some of the tracks (The Blackest Day, for example) is mind-blowing. Fav tracks on this album are MTWBT, Freak, The Blackest Day, 24, and Swan Song. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lust for Life. I feel like the album's production is so space-y and melancholic in terms of lyrics. It's definitely her strongest songwriting effort.

I have a strong feeling that Norman F*cking Rockwell is going to be epic as well. 

Archived