💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Reputation Tour is boring

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I skimmed through Taylor’s Reputation tour on Netflix to see what the hype is all about when it comes to her big tours and I found it disappointing. The stage is big, the production is very good, but Taylor herself is very boring. When she dances she barely moves and most of the time she is just walking around. Now she does sing but her singing is just basic singing since her songs don’t really require great singing skills. She may be a good songwriter and might connect with many people, but she is just not a good performer.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hankhatesyouall

Yes, she will be over once conservative parents stop buying their kids overpriced tickets. 

Gaga Ooh Lala

We been knew. Tay tay is a dull WASP. She needs to follow up her 1989 bops or the GP will forget her.

ANTI WP
9 minutes ago, Quark said:

o<(0_0)>o

I skimmed through Taylor’s Reputation tour on Netflix to see what the hype is all about when it comes to her big tours and I found it disappointing. The stage is big, the production is very good, but Taylor herself is very boring. When she dances she barely moves and most of the time she is just walking around. Now she does sing but her singing is just basic singing since her songs don’t really require great singing skills. She may be a good songwriter and might connect with many people, but she is just not a good performer.

whats new about that ??? :selena:

But I Love the last two albums of hers 

TheSlash

I mean, KOMH's and IDSB's production were lit :giveup: , but the rest of it was just

tenor.gif?itemid=11031168

Ew, David!

2School4Cool

I didn’t attend the tour (although I really wanted to) but I would imagine it’s a totally different experience in person. I know people who went and they all thoroughly enjoyed it, some performances just don’t translate well in videos. I don’t have Netflix so I can’t give on opinion on the concert film itself. I have seen videos of the tour on YouTube and social media sites though and I personally think it looked incredible.

See The Best In Everyone

Well there's your problem, you skimmed it.

Better luck next time, bucko

tenor.gif

Didymus

Quite a judgment for not having seen any full performance :rip:

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think you have to see a full entire show to have some thoughts about it but to judge her as a performer as a whole :laughga:

My own thoughts (not having seen Reputation yet): for her brand, it's extremely important to stay perky and not look like a sweaty mess on stage, so that would obviously explain why she doesn't go full out in terms of dancing and makes sure he can keep looking fresh and strong, and serve her sweet vocal sound. That's why she chooses very carefully when to dance or go into full performance mode.

Still, though, I wouldn't underestimate how exhausting doing a show like that is, so I actually applaud her for her stamina and how she carries herself throughout. That actually makes her a great performer imo :shrug: Like Madonna and Beyoncé, it's nice to know you can trust the person you paid for to carry the show from start to finish without getting sloppy.

ChromaticaPunk

I liked it until after the guitar portion. It made me wish I attended. Especially the RFI intro.

Original Diva

I enjoyed most of it but I have to agree.  The stage,  visuals and lights and overall production is badass, the songs are amazing,  but the energy just isn't there.  She is also one of the whitest dancers I've seen in my life lol and thats coming from a white person. 

excuse me no

21 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Quite a judgment for not having seen any full performance :rip:

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think you have to see a full entire show to have some thoughts about it but to judge her as a performer as a whole :laughga:

My own thoughts (not having seen Reputation yet): for her brand, it's extremely important to stay perky and not look like a sweaty mess on stage, so that would obviously explain why she doesn't go full out in terms of dancing and makes sure he can keep looking fresh and strong, and serve her sweet vocal sound. That's why she chooses very carefully when to dance or go into full performance mode.

Still, though, I wouldn't underestimate how exhausting doing a show like that is, so I actually applaud her for her stamina and how she carries herself throughout. That actually makes her a great performer imo :shrug: Like Madonna and Beyoncé, it's nice to know you can trust the person you paid for to carry the show from start to finish without getting sloppy.

I did see a few full performances. Just not all of them. And like I said she does at least make an attempt to sing all of the songs. Is just not impressive to me.

Didymus
1 minute ago, Quark said:

I did see a few full performances. Just not all of them. And like I said she does at least make an attempt to sing all of the songs. Is just not impressive to me.

Well, thank god you have Enigma to gag over then :party:

Archived