💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga & other celebs declined to be interviewed for R. Kelly's doc

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

Henri Bardot
3 hours ago, Adarsh Soni said:

So your point is that only Gaga is responsible? What about the tonnes of A listers who collaborated with him? Are they held accountable? If not then why only Gaga?

We're on "GAGA DAILY" if you didn't realise. 

Of course we'll talk more about Gaga.

No one's said the others should not explain anything but... 

pooiota

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
misunderstood
1 minute ago, Sanne Godijn said:

Can we just leave this in the past already 

Be careful sis...:ohno:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

PunkTheFunk
5 hours ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

Now we know why Gaga never performs Do What U Want live anymore after artRAVE :reductive:

But tbh, it’s good she isn’t doing it cause of what happened during the ARTPOP era stuff and the interview might bring up DWUW and stuff.

It's a real shame too because it's one of her best songs :triggered:

Guillaume Hamon
5 hours ago, symphonia said:

But it was known he was a pedo at the time they worked together.. A video leaked of him pissing on a teenage girl. It was news all over the world. I don't live in the US and I knew it. So stop with the excuses.. 

He was judged non-guilty of knowingly having sex with this underage girl. She said she lied about her age so he wasn't considered a child molester by the court but "duped". Gaga maybe thought "okay he should have known better and check her age indeed but that's clearly not being a child molester" and that would be true.

Also there was way less buzz around the other accusations at the time, I only heard about the rest after the DWUW drama exploded. Maybe gaga and many people only heard about the tape but not the other things.Even if she did, it's possible that she was careful with accusations the same way many folks refused to bash michael jackson cause they thought he was wrongly accused for money...Which is actually a possibility since the first kid who accused MJ even said his parents made him say that at the time.

She could also be one of many to consider that you're "innocent till proven guilty" and that's a very fair concept since it protects the persons who happened to be wrongly accused. She was herself just out of a trial&not condemned after a person claimed she was a tyrannic employer and asked for 1 million $. Maybe she thought R Kelly never being condemned was surely wrongly accused by greedy people like her idk...

Now that proofs multiplied she won't be associated with him again and already stopped 5 years ago after folks took it as supporting a pedo... Honestly there's many valid thinking she could have had to work with him that aren't "excuses" her stans are making here so I wouldn't bash her before to hear her discussing that moment.

Lazz Monster

C'mon guys, how can you judge someone without the full story? This whole debate is pointless tbh rsz-1e43aw.jpg 

We're far from the Shallow now

SharkmanthaC
5 hours ago, Runway said:

She wasn’t his victim nor does she have any connections with any of the survivors so her opinion has zero relevance to this case 

4 hours ago, Borislshere said:

also, I'd like to add that I'm glad she didn't take part in the documentary. This documentary is about the victims and it should be them telling their truths. Gaga wasn't involved in Robert's sexual history. 

2 hours ago, Miracle said:

This happened six years ago. It's hard to understand why Gaga chose R.Kelly. Gaga knew about his past. Interscope is not stupid and Gaga's a pop culture expert. I think she tried to make a statement by collaborating with her. The meaning behind the trainwreck that was the Do What U Want era? We are not going to get a full picture of the situation anytime soon but considering Gaga's emotional state during that time and the public revelation of her being raped, I don't think it was a very rational decision like "I'm an emotionless person who has no morals and he sounds good and will make me sell records". The SNL performance definitely reads as performative self-harming.

I don't see how Gaga (or other artists) being interviewed for this would benefit anything. She wasn't one of his victims and (I'm assuming) she didn't witness any of his sickening acts, so the only thing she has to say is about her collab, and what does that add to this?

I also wonder about her mental health during this time.  But while we can speculate, we cannot know what happened, why Gaga chose to collaborate with him, and what her true thoughts are about the situation. Gaga is the only one that can answer to that.

While we know Gaga stands for sexual assault victims, that does not mean she has to take every opportunity to do so. Her opinions on this is well known, she doesn't need to come out and specifically state she doesn't like R. Kelly anymore because of what he did. She's made it clear she supports victims. 

Until Gaga explains her thoughts about why she did this collab, I choose not to speculate what she was thinking during this time period. I know how she feels about people who do things like this, so that's enough for me at the moment. When she decides to speak up (if she ever does), I'm sure she will be more supportive of R. Kelly's victims than him.

she/her/hers

We have to admit that doing that song with that guy was truly a bad move. I would even say that she did it for the controversy, to be shocking. But then we all saw that something changed during ARTPOP - where she realized that that is not the way she should be going, and that her artistry was more than shocking, weird.

Gaga scrapped the video (despite the song being the 2nd single of her lukewarm-ly received  album, which was already a solid hit then) and hasn't performed it in years (and if she did, she did it without R.Kelly nor his part). We have to recognize that Gaga has done steps towards righting this wrong, but not to the point where she's ready to discuss why she did it. Hell, the whole fiasco that is ARTPOP still isn't clear. 

I think gaga did not care for him at all. But since Tara was such a big fan of r. kelly, they thought it was probably cool to do the collab.

enigmatic
7 hours ago, symphonia said:

She needs to explain why she simulated sexual acts on stage with that pedo predator and why she asked Uncle Terry to tape the video. 

She doesn't need to explain anything it's her career not yours.

6 hours ago, Borislshere said:

Where did you hear that the label forced her to work with him? Whenever she was asked about their collab she said she wanted him because he was the "king of RnB" and that he had a troubled past with the media. I doubt the label would've forced her to collab with r.kelly of all people. 

It wasn’t her idea, Tara was obsessed with him and she was her best friend at the time (are you wondering why they’re not close friends anymore?), they were constantly seen high together. DJWS also suggested:

7 hours ago, Max Vandeburg said:

It's also worth remembering that it was DJWS idea to bring R. Kelly to the song, in the first place. Paul said this in an interview at the time:

“When she started singing the song, we were on a bus in Europe and I was like, instantly, ‘This is my favorite song. It’s never going to stop that this is my favorite song on the whole record.’ We had gone over the idea. and I was like ‘You know what would be awesome? R. Kelly.’ And she was like ‘Sure, let’s do it.’” (USA Today)

6 hours ago, Borislshere said:

Then she should've just scrapped the song all together. If you don't want someone on a song that bad, don't put the song out especially since she said it sat on the back burner for a long time. 

She wanted Venus as a single, the label wanted DWUW and she did scrap it in the end. She didn’t release the video and she performed it solo and with Xtina. There was obviously a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, you just can’t put it all on her. 

FreePalestine

enigmatic
7 hours ago, Vegas said:

People who criticized Katy Perry for not standing up for Kesha in her case and now applauding Gaga for remain silent about this should check themselves as hypocrites.

I’ve supported Gaga through all these years, but this is the first time I truly feel disappointed in her. This could’ve been her opportunity to redeem herself for collaborating and performed with him and put DWUWgate to rest; to support victims just as much as she advocated for Kesha and survivors back in 2016; take a stand and make an statement that just as much she preaches of allowing herself to fail, she’s human and as human-regular girl, she made a mistake. 

Instead, she chooses to ignore that, intentionally or not, she proudly promoted a sexual offender through her music and art.

She doesn't owe anyone anything. Also she's on her award season time for her massively successful ASIB era she doesn't have to go promote a documentary that everyone involved in probably just jumbed on it for the money. And what redeeming **** you're talking about she's not your toy she collabed with an artist on a song she's not his wife or lawyer to defend him or try to justify for why she made a song with him each one carry his own ****.

Archived