💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga & other celebs declined to be interviewed for R. Kelly's doc

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

ChavaWM

I grew up in the 90's and R.Kelly was a thing but i never even knew about all these accusations or videos until now. Didn't even know he had a thing with Aaliyah. Gaga is in a predicament. These stories are so messy but you kinda have to go out of your way to learn about this and I doubt Gaga researched him thoroughly. She should have though.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nodandsmile
1 hour ago, Edonis said:

Hella hypocritical but I'm already seeing stan twitter (really, just Beyhive members, color me surprised :flop:) writing essays about how awful Lady Gaga is for collaborating with this man and how she deserves the worst and how accountability for her should be an ended career...

:oprah:

Like I already mentioned earlier in this thread, Lady Gaga will eventually have to answer about the whole DWUW collab at some point in her career...and it was a grave mistake on her part...but really? She deserves to have her career sink because of this? :oprah:

And I will say this once again: stans are acting like Beyonce doesn't have a whole ass remix with this man...Rihanna didn't hang out and take pictures with his gross ass at the Beats party a few years back...Mariah Carey didn't just sing with him for a winter event in 2016...Justin Bieber...I mean the list goes on. It's ridiculous that some members of (Hive) stan twitter's only takeaway from this documentary series is that Gaga is the villain in this? Where are the threads for the other collaborators? Where is the outrage for their own faves?

Because those people don't really care about R Kelly, what he's done, or his victims ... their problem is with HER and they disgustingly disguise that way, that's what a lot of people do on that site and it's working my damn nerves!. If it was a simple twitte about her not saying anything, okay ... but taking your time to make a whole thread about HER ! You'd beleive that she allowed it! If we were attacking everyone in hollywood who worked with somebody accused of this ... chiiile 

Zilla

I'm sick knowing that other fanbases are using this to go after another popstar with no regard or respect for those negatively affected by this trauma and said victims are being used as pawns :( Not saying what R Kelly has done is acceptable, but it's sad how low stans go to protect their "fav" and tear down others. People got hurt and that's the main thing is to bring others down?

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

KingChristopher

All i got to say is wrong is wrong. As a little monster i sure will hold Gaga accountable along with everybody else who facilitated rkellys actions.

That being said i dont agree with the gaga hate train (like yall said it was a career misstep and she knows it) but im not gonna act like the critiques aren’t warranted. Given gagas credentials and stances on these issues, im not surprised at the backlash

Lilbit

I haven't been keeping up with R Kelly, and the recent or not recent controversies, but I LIVED for DWUW, and R Kelly being on it. R Kelly (musically) is a legend. People have loved his music since the wayyyy back. Some of the most popular classics involve him in some way. Regardless of his personal life, he's had a MEGA impact on hip hop, r&b, rap, and pop music over the last few decades. DWUW as a song is an undeniable bop, and these two together on a track were perfect. Gaga was in a bad place, and ARTPOP was partially about respecting an artist for their work, and not their personal life. That's what DWUW was about. I'm sick of people hating on the track, and Gaga for working with him. The result was a blessing. She should have done the interview just to clear **** up, and talk about the issue just for ****s and giggles. At the end of the day, both R Kelly and dwuw are two of my favs, and the public eye can understand where Gaga was mentally if they even care at all...

monketsharona
6 minutes ago, GLK said:

She should have done the interview just to clear **** up, and talk about the issue just for ****s and giggles. At the end of the day, both R Kelly and dwuw are two of my favs, and the public eye can understand where Gaga was mentally if they even care at all...

I don't think Gaga wants to involve herself in that **** more. Especially knowing she's now she in the middle of the awards season.

BabylonHooker
6 hours ago, Lion Heart said:

Good for her. Imagine the disaster of an interview: 

"Thank you for you time Lady Gaga, I wanted to as you a few questions about your time working with R. Kelly?" 

"Thank you for having me. Ask away." 

"Why did you work with this accused rapist and alleged pedophile, who was caught on video peeing on an underage girl, is accused of running a sex cult, and is accused of being a pedophile on a song called "DO WHAT YOU WANT (with my body)?"

"I- "

"Also why did you simulate sexual acts while performing this song, which is called "DO WHAT YOU WANT (with my body)" both at SNL AND the AMAs? Are you out of touch?" 

"Listen.." 

"And lastly, why did you have Terri Richardson shoot the music video for this song called "DO WHAT YOU WANT (with my body)? Why Terry Richardson? Are you sending a message?" 

Gaga: 

giphy.gif

this :toofunny::nooo:

GAGA IS MY LIFELINE

not asher613

at the end of the day gaga does a lot of things that are shtty.

She never said she was a beacon of virtue or good. 

I think she chose him because scandal was in the papers. That made him perfect for the 'role.'  the rumors were true, well.. what's that got to do with her. She was right. She chose the right animal to represent rape for that project. That means he's her friend? No. It means a) gaga prioritizes her art way above other normal things. in a way that many monsters would find amoral and b) she used him. That grotesque ego of his and his name of predator, she put that in her art, molesting her. That's why she chose him. 

It hurts to think about. We don't know why she seems to chase after compromising situations or why a disregard for herself seems so natural to her. 

So he's rotten, yeah. And she needed someone for a rotten spot. 

13 hours ago, kevinsteve said:

That's what I always thought and I LIVE for this. If you like pure art, you should love this too. Do What U Want is one of Gaga's best songs, and the song wouldn't have any sense with an other artist or without a feature.

Try to see that from Gaga's perspective:

She's been assaulted in the industry & she's been told she would never make it as an artist. A few years later, she's the biggest star on the planet, has had the biggest peak ever for an artist but the media starts to violently trash on her. She's litterally hated because she's loved. She's got to make a record. She knows it will "flop" no matter what. She's broken. She had to let go all that deep pain. What to better way to do it than recording a double-meaning song about rape & bad press with R.Kelly, a very talented artist which is allegedly a raper. She's like: "I'm the boss now." and she respectshim as an artist, but then, once the album cycle is over, she won't talk to this person anymore.

Gaga is a true artist and to me, this is a strong statement.  I understand your point of view of course, but it just isn't mine.

So she used someone to make a point and  to abandon him after an era?

VOLANTIS

Tbh this was the perfect opportunity for her to clear up what on earth she was thinking collabing with him. She could have done some good for his victims as well as for herself. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

VOLANTIS
3 hours ago, monketsharona said:

I don't think Gaga wants to involve herself in that **** more. Especially knowing she's now she in the middle of the awards season.

Exactly why she should try to clear her name. 

VOLANTIS
1 hour ago, not asher613 said:

at the end of the day gaga does a lot of things that are shtty.

She never said she was a beacon of virtue or good. 

I think she chose him because scandal was in the papers. That made him perfect for the 'role.'  the rumors were true, well.. what's that got to do with her. She was right. She chose the right animal to represent rape for that project. That means he's her friend? No. It means a) gaga prioritizes her art way above other normal things. in a way that many monsters would find amoral and b) she used him. That grotesque ego of his and his name of predator, she put that in her art, molesting her. That's why she chose him. 

It hurts to think about. We don't know why she seems to chase after compromising situations or why a disregard for herself seems so natural to her. 

So he's rotten, yeah. And she needed someone for a rotten spot. 

If she wanted the collab strictly for controversy and attention.. Julian Assange was the perfect opportunity. 

Helxig

Of course she declined.

If she said positive things about him she would be destroyed for it.

If she said negative things about him people would bring up ARTPOP receipts and call her a hypocrite, and it would stir up unnecessary drama.

It's lose lose.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

NewYorkCity
5 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

Tbh this was the perfect opportunity for her to clear up what on earth she was thinking collabing with him. She could have done some good for his victims as well as for herself. 

No. Stop saying that. 

At this point of the story, the only thing this would have brought to Gaga, no matter how good her explanations were, would be: SHE IS GIVING EXCUSES, SHE COLLABORATED WITH A SEXUAL PREDATOR, OH NOW YOU SAY THAT BUT THEN YOU RELEASED THE SONG TO MAKE MONEY.

For Gods shake, the interview hasn't even happened and people (mostly Beyonce fans, funny btw considering her multiple collabs with Terry and the fact that her husband was Kelly's best friend lol) are already dragging her to the pits of hell. No one would care what she has to say now, they would only bury her.

Come on, what could she know about RKelly? that trial in which he was found not guilty and rumors? RUMORS? It is not like all this had blown up back then and she knew and still chose to work with him. They were rumors, and remember what the song is about. It is about the media trying to bring an artist down. 

"Everyone in the industry knew it!", Sure, because that being the case Interscope would have let her work with him.

It is not that important, She made a song with him. Two live performances, and she stopped, she hasn't even performed the song again even tho it is one of her biggest hits. 

Archived