💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga & other celebs declined to be interviewed for R. Kelly's doc

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

Borislshere
2 minutes ago, lego said:

t wasn’t her idea, Tara was obsessed with him and she was her best friend at the time (are you wondering why they’re not close friends anymore?), they were constantly seen high together. DJWS also suggested:

so Tara convinced gaga to work with a pedophile? 

2 minutes ago, lego said:

She wanted Venus as a single, the label wanted DWUW and she did scrap it in the end. She didn’t release the video and she performed it solo and with Xtina. There was obviously a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, you just can’t put it all on her. 

I'm not talking about scrapping it as a single, I meant scrap it all together. Not put it on the album. I'm not going to put it all on her, but she does have a say in this. If the label "forced" her to work with this man, then she should start looking for new labels. All I can judge her on are the things that come out of her mouth and so far, none of it says that she was forced to work with R.kelly. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Borislshere said:

so Tara convinced gaga to work with a pedophile? 

Both Tara and DJWS, her closest friends at the time, convinced her to work with “RnB Legend” as MANY OTHERS called him in industry. She believed he was unjustly attacked by the media, same as many believe for MJ and others believe he was guilty.

You are not taking her state of mind into consideration at all. She was dressed as a weed princess for Halloween FFS. 

Just now, Borislshere said:

I'm not talking about scrapping it as a single, I meant scrap it all together. Not put it on the album. I'm not going to put it all on her, but she does have a say in this. If the label "forced" her to work with this man, then she should start looking for new labels. All I can judge her on are the things that come out of her mouth and so far, none of it says that she was forced to work with R.kelly. 

You are being too harsh on her, it’s disappointing yes, but I doubt you do this for all your faves and their flaws and bad collaborations. 

FreePalestine

Borislshere
6 minutes ago, lego said:

Both Tara and DJWS, her closest friends at the time, convinced her to work with “RnB Legend” as MANY OTHERS called him in industry. She believed he was unjustly attacked by the media, same as many believe for MJ and others believe he was guilty.

You are not taking her state of mind into consideration at all. She was dressed as a weed princess for Halloween FFS. 

Then she should've been smarter and looked more into R. Kelly's past. There was a reason why people stopped working with him for a while. And with MJ, there was no video evidence to prove anything happened with him unlike R.Kelly with the videos and Marriage documents. Y'all keep treating gaga like she was some uneducated, sheltered woman. She Knew.

9 minutes ago, lego said:

You are being too harsh on her, it’s disappointing yes, but I doubt you do this for all your faves and their flaws and bad collaborations. 

When My faves collab with Child predators and rapist, open a thread about it and we can discuss it. Right now we are talking about Lady Gaga. The article is talking about Lady Gaga. 

2 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Then she should've been smarter and looked more into R. Kelly's past. There was a reason why people stopped working with him for a while. And with MJ, there was no video evidence to prove anything happened with him unlike R.Kelly with the videos and Marriage documents. Y'all keep treating gaga like she was some uneducated, sheltered woman. She Knew.

When My faves collab with Child predators and rapist, open a thread about it and we can discuss it. Right now we are talking about Lady Gaga. The article is talking about Lady Gaga. 

So Gaga is not your fave? I don’t want to talk about your faves, I don’t even know who they are, you should be the one opening threads about their bad collaborations just to show your equal frustrations with them. There’s whole entertainment section and conversation area. :shrug:

“She should’ve been smarter”, no one denied this. He was ruled not guilty at the time and she believed him, just like with MJ. She was using drugs and she was coerced by her friends to record the song, which is obvious from their statements. She was forced to make it a single, you can’t disapprove that.

People make mistakes, this grown ass woman made a mistake, when she was at her lowest, when media was attacking her and making fun of her. That song had a double meaning. 

She scrapped the video and never mentioned him again, it was 6 years ago, what exactly you want from her now? 

FreePalestine

Borislshere
1 minute ago, lego said:

So Gaga is not your fave? I don’t want to talk about your faves, I don’t even know who they are, you should be the one opening threads about their bad collaborations just to show your equal frustrations with them. There’s whole entertainment section and conversation area. :shrug:

I didn't even open this thread about Gaga so why would I open one about any of the other people I Stan? you're being hella extra.

4 minutes ago, lego said:

She scrapped the video and never mentioned him again, it was 6 years ago, what exactly you want from her now? 

Didn't say I wanted anything from her :laughga: Just like everyone else in this thread, I'm explaining my opinion on the situation and why I feel that way. Not once did I ask for something from her regarding this situation. I even stated that she made the right choice by not doing the documentary seeing as it wasn't her story to tell. 

doppelganger

Until Gaga comes clean this will haunt her forever.

But the film isn’t the right vehicle for her to explain herself. The film is about the victims and his actions, not about Gaga. 

I’m of the opinion that Gaga knew of the stories and figured that working with R Kelly and Terry at the height of their controversies - would make a grand statement about media. By the time she realizes what a huge error it was and DWUW became a single, it was already too late. 

Working with people like Terry, R Kelly, Testino and Alexander Wang - who are known for problematic behaviour - Gaga is doing the same things that she’s criticised “the men of Hollywood” for doing. She enables their behaviour even if she doesn’t condone it. She just needs to be more vigilant especially over people who have a reputation as predators 

Lion Heart

Good for her. Imagine the disaster of an interview: 

"Thank you for you time Lady Gaga, I wanted to as you a few questions about your time working with R. Kelly?" 

"Thank you for having me. Ask away." 

"Why did you work with this accused rapist and alleged pedophile, who was caught on video peeing on an underage girl, is accused of running a sex cult, and is accused of being a pedophile on a song called "DO WHAT YOU WANT (with my body)?"

"I- "

"Also why did you simulate sexual acts while performing this song, which is called "DO WHAT YOU WANT (with my body)" both at SNL AND the AMAs? Are you out of touch?" 

"Listen.." 

"And lastly, why did you have Terri Richardson shoot the music video for this song called "DO WHAT YOU WANT (with my body)? Why Terry Richardson? Are you sending a message?" 

Gaga: 

giphy.gif

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Edonis

Hella hypocritical but I'm already seeing stan twitter (really, just Beyhive members, color me surprised :flop:) writing essays about how awful Lady Gaga is for collaborating with this man and how she deserves the worst and how accountability for her should be an ended career...

:oprah:

Like I already mentioned earlier in this thread, Lady Gaga will eventually have to answer about the whole DWUW collab at some point in her career...and it was a grave mistake on her part...but really? She deserves to have her career sink because of this? :oprah:

And I will say this once again: stans are acting like Beyonce doesn't have a whole ass remix with this man...Rihanna didn't hang out and take pictures with his gross ass at the Beats party a few years back...Mariah Carey didn't just sing with him for a winter event in 2016...Justin Bieber...I mean the list goes on. It's ridiculous that some members of (Hive) stan twitter's only takeaway from this documentary series is that Gaga is the villain in this? Where are the threads for the other collaborators? Where is the outrage for their own faves?

Sanne Godijn
19 minutes ago, lego said:

Gaga during one of ARTPOP studio sessions:

lady-gaga-artpop-recording-studio-sessio

She looks so sad 

2School4Cool
9 hours ago, Didymus said:

Well, that's sad. Remember this?

"He’s a very talented person and I feel connected to him because he’s also plagued by other people’s projections of what he is. And that’s what’s really exciting to me about this album. In a way, it’s showing my fans how to have a more detailed and critical eye with music and what they’re looking at."

— Gaga, 2013

I wonder if she just didn't know enough about his controversial past. Or maybe it was just a PR stunt, who knows. But if I were Kelly, I would feel betrayed ngl :rip:

I haven’t read everything in this thread so perhaps someone has said this already, but it’s quite possible Gaga learned more about his controversial past and this played a role in the DWUW video not being released. This is just a potential guess though.

See The Best In Everyone

2School4Cool

I just want to point out that Gaga herself is an outspoken victim of sexual assault, so in my heart I do not believe she would work with him if she felt he was guilty of his accusations, at least at the time of the song being recorded and released.

See The Best In Everyone

Archived