💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
my experience

Enigma Review + Shallow Download

GypsyBabe

Featured Posts

GypsyBabe

Hello everyone! :party:

As you all know, I attended the opening night of Enigma and want to share my experience. I was going to post sooner, but when I came on the forum afterwards I became a little disheartened to see all of the negative threads about the show. I wasn't going to post at all, but then figured that a first hadn't experience may help others who are planning to attend the show...especially the logistics.

Firstly, I actually got my tickets for free! I have been a bartender for years and one of my regulars gifted them to me as a 30th birthday present. His childhood best friend is a promoter for MGM and gives him complimentary tickets frequently to use when he is in Las Vegas for business. He knew how much of a fan I was and asked his friend for opening night tickets and surprised me. I had already purchased tickets for the May 30th and June 2nd shows, but how could I refuse these tickets too?! :excited:

Before I get into the details. I got a really decent audio file (sounds so clear and beautiful) of the first ever performance of "Shallow"...so here is the download link for anyone who wants it. I've never done this before so let me know if it doesn't work and how to fix it. 

Also, a very clear recording of Million Reasons

The Merchandise:

I am still a bit disappointed at the lack of innovation with the merchandise. Especially after seeing the show. I feel that it was lackluster considering how cool the show looked. I will say that after going into the store, the merch looked a whole hell of a lot better in person. It didn't look nearly as cheap as the photographs depicted and though I was planning on not purchasing a shirt, I was pleased enough with the quality that I bought one. I also spoke briefly with a woman who worked there and they were still unboxing product and she said that they were overwhelmed as the merchandise was supposed to be in house last week and didn't arrive from the distributor until a few days before the show. She said that she still didn't think that they had everything. The next morning before I left, I noticed some new shirts that were rainbow sequined amidst the Gaga stuff. It was designer brand and like $200 dollars or something. I think the plan is to incorporate real clothing in with the overall merch to create a "look book" kind of thing. 

The mandatory 5:00 line up...

Ticketmaster sent out three emails leading up to the concert with explicit directions about the concert. That the tickets need to be on your phone and that they will not allow loitering or lining up before 5:00 pm. They were not joking and took the lining up very seriously. Security was posted and did not want people anywhere near the area. They were having some difficulty and resorted to confusing us instead. We would all be outside, and they would tell us that the line was inside. Then we would go inside and they told us that we had to go outside. So we ended up running around for almost twenty minutes trying to figure out where to go and the staff was nice, but very unhelpful. I couldn't tell if it was intentional or if they really had no idea what to do and were overwhelmed at the sheer amount of people that were trying to wait. 

General Admission vs. Early Entry: 

We finally settled into the appropriate line and they scanned our tickets and gave us wrist bands that were the exact same as the early entry ticket holders. I don't condone dishonestly, but it made it very easy to simply switch lines without being detected. Especially if you had friends who got early entry and were willing to allow you to sit with them. I imagine that this will change at future concert dates. 

There were also A TON of early entry ticket holders and not many regular GA people. Take this information to weigh the pros and cons of paying the extra money. On the one hand, your chances of being in that little nook with an amazing view is higher, on the other hand, there were barely any GA people as compared to the other line (our line was easily ten times smaller than the other one) so it was kind of like being part of the end of the early entry line anyway. There was no real edge. 

They also let us in really late. I was told that they were letting the early entry people in at 7:00 and the regular GA in at 7:30. So we walked in after people were already getting into their seats. There was PLENTY OF ROOM ON THE FLOOR when we walked in. It was kind of comical. My sister and I could have easily walked into the area that is nestled between the catwalk and the stage and been maybe 3 or 4 people deep and the sides were open to the barricade. We opted to stay on the side because there were simply too many people wearing massive heels in the center and we wouldn't be able to see (we are both short). Keep this in mind as the stage is really low. If you are short like me, the stage height is a factor because you are not looking up very high to see Gaga. If you have someone tall in front of you it can really ruin your experience. 

Seated Tickets vs. GA/Early Entry:

After seeing the venue, there literally isn't a bad seat in the whole house. In fact, I think individuals that are in the seats probably got the best view of all. She also plays to the seats a decent amount and when she is in the air, is right up on/and over them. I like the energy of GA, but if that is not something you care about, seated tickets are in no way inferior. Also the seats are set up more vertical in nature, so even the farthest back is still very close. 

The Stage/Standing Location:

As I said before, the stage is very low, so Gaga is like dancing right in front of you which is cool. We were on the righthand side, on the side, which was a great view but I wouldn't recommend it out of everywhere that there is in the venue. We stayed because it was barricade and we are short, but Gaga plays way more to the left side and interacts more with that side as well. Also, the robot obstructed our view for a portion of the show and it was very difficult to see her on the piano. The best place to stand is certainly not off to the right side.

The Beginning: 

Gaga flying in was very cool! We could even see her in the cage before the show started which I think was unintentional but there was a girl who kept passing out in GA but was refusing to leave so the show got a little bit of a delayed start. She was sitting up there for a few minutes all sparkly and sh*t. :sis: As she is flying around,  she is so close to everyone it was kind of scary. The videos that people have posted don't do the depth justice. I swear the people in the seats could reach out and grab her or a really tall person in GA could have touched her feet. The outfit and wig were slayage and her attitude during the whole segment was bad*ss. The sound in the venue was also really freaking good. We were directly in front of a speaker and I was concerned that the sound would be crap and my ears were going to blow out, but I was so happy at the sound quality. It was clear and perfectly projected and balanced. I was very impressed. 

The Wigs:

I have seen a lot of complaints on the second wig, and after seeing the pictures I will say that it really is much cuter in person. It fit into the whole show and the pigtails were precious. :diane: I know that a lot of people hate it, but it fit with the video game-eque interludes and was multifunctional. At times it looked like a blue bob (for the BTW era songs) which was a great look, while at other times you could see the pigtails (her earlier work)...it was giving the illusion of a constant wig change in person. 

The Costumes: 

The mirror shard catsuit and the catsuit with the light up t*ts were my favorites of the show. They were so well done and really fit with the whole aesthetic. I was not a fan of the purple leotard, though the pictures make it seem worse than it actually was. After seeing the M&G pictures, I think she should incorporate the purple catsuit, as that look is fire, with the wig that everyone hates. As a whole look, that would be amazing. I think that the second wig really needs a proper outfit to show it off properly. As for the outfit with the neon green, it looked really great under the lights from the venue. It almost looked like it was glowing and with the dancers, looks like floating colors. I hate how photographs and videos do not show the proper context for these things. 

The Vibe: 

Gaga really embodied the "Gaga vibe" from each song era. It was like being transported back in time. Her attitude was metal as f*ck in the robot segment and I felt like I was watching an updated BTWB. The bad b*tch vibe was palpable. The same could be said about the other "acts" of the show. As for the interludes, they were camp in such a Gaga way. Though they were ostentatious and a bit extra, they were Gaga. Kind of superficial and silly on the top, but deep when you look at their meaning. She says as much in the show. She said something along the lines of people thinking her music is shallow but its "deep as f*ck"...

I noticed that some reviewers/articles really understood the meaning of the show and picked up on stuff that myself as a super fan had missed. I think being so invested in what songs she was playing and the excitement made me miss out on the overarching concept of the show. I was too busy being " :tony: " and missed a bit of the theme. I appreciate it conceptually more now than when I was there. 

The Makeup

Guys. The makeup looked a lot better on stage, hence why it is called "stage makeup." When she first came out people around me were going "whoah her lipstick looks SO COOL" and they were right. Like the lime green in the second costume, it appeared to glow a bit. Especially with the lighting. I really hope she doesn't change it because it was really cool to see and made her face pop. It gave a somewhat artificial look which was nice as she is supposed to be not on Earth. Like the colors of everything were heightened and that included her makeup. 

The Setlist

What I loved about the setlist was the narrative that it portrayed throughout her career. All of the songs fit perfectly. Even though I don't particularly like "The Fame", it brought up so much nostalgia and fit into the "earlier work is perceived as shallow" motif...more than the some of the hits off of that album. She largely snubbed Joanne, which was a shame because "Perfect Illusion" would have fit perfectly into the narrative (though it shreds her voice and I would prefer her to not sing tbht). What I loved best about the setlist was the structure of the show. She could easily add and take away some songs and the theme could be the same. I assume that this was intentional and that she will do this throughout her residency. We all know that Gaga doesn't just want to do the same sh*t over and over. Even though I loved it, I feel like JWT was probably stifling for her as an artist because it left little to no space to improvise anything. I don't feel that way with this show and I felt like I was seeing "Gaga" again. 

When Gaga started singing MR I was all ":awkney:" but the crowd went nuts and everyone was singing at the top of their lungs. It really is that song. The same could be said for "Shallow"...5,000+ people trying to scream that bridge with her is something I will never forget :laughga:                                                                                             

Overall I just felt so special being there for the very first show. Obviously there is room for growth and everything wasn't perfect, but I haven't seen Gaga that happy in a long time. She was just really there with us and her joy of performance was radiating to everyone in the room. She was just so happy to be able to share it with us . I think that is why I was a bit discouraged reading all the nasty tweets and posts from people who weren't even there. If she remains that happy throughout this residency, then I have no problem saving and going to Las Vegas. I would rather see her performing like how she did on opening night, than sick, tired, and in pain. She was just amazing and had amazing energy. She went HARD throughout the whole show.

The end. :vegas:

If anyone has any questions about the show or the hotel/venue/ or any other logistics, then feel free to ask in here or DM me. 

⚯͛

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon

Can I ask... what was your absolute favourite moment?

the artist formerly known as melancholia

GypsyBabe
2 minutes ago, ARealWildMan said:

Can I ask... what was your absolute favourite moment?

My most favorite moment was her performing “Shallow” as the encore. I loved how she spoke to us and it was just such a moment. A lot of people had tears because it was so beautiful and I am just so happy that I got a killer audio from it so I can remember. 

A runner up was Government Hooker. That part was lit as hell. Her energy was amazing, the outfit looked great, and it was so fun to watch. 

⚯͛

edengowon
Just now, GypsyBabe said:

My most favorite moment was her performing “Shallow” as the encore. I loved how she spoke to us and it was just such a moment. A lot of people had tears because it was so beautiful and I am just so happy that I got a killer audio from it so I can remember. 

A runner up was Government Hooker. That part was lit as hell. Her energy was amazing, the outfit looked great, and it was so fun to watch. 

I watched it on a stream and Gov. Hooker got me too

What did you think of Scheisse with the robot?

the artist formerly known as melancholia

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, Florin said:

Thank you for taking the time to write this. It was very interesting to read a fan perspective. :unicorn:

Oh you’re welcome! :hug:

⚯͛

glagerfeld

I’m loving this review I got to be honest.. that after all the negativity on the site I was hesitating about selling my ticket but after watching the 4K videos I’m thrilled again, oh and thanks for the shallow solo version download!

VOLANTIS

This is so satisfying to read. You DELIVEREDDD a review. :applause:

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and thank you for sharing the shallow file. :kara:

I feel the same about the pony tail wig situation. It's such a cool concept but I think her team should definitely find a way to balance it out with some of the outfits. It works great with the Robot outfit and also with the transparent BTW rubber one. 

7 minutes ago, NoahSuns said:

There's something wrong with the audio file....It won't open after I download it.

It works fine for me. :confused:

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

2 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

This is so satisfying to read. You DELIVEREDDD a review. :applause:

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time and thank you for sharing the shallow file. :kara:

I feel the same about the pony tail wig situation. It's such a cool concept but I think her team should definitely find a way to balance it out with some of the outfits. It works great with the Robot outfit and also with the transparent BTW rubber one. 

It works fine for me. :confused:

Yeah, once I downloaded it through the app it worked😅

33 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

but I haven't seen Gaga that happy in a long time. She was just really there with us and her joy of performance was radiating to everyone in the room. She was just so happy to be able to share it with us .

I really felt this even while watching a crappy stream, I'm so glad to hear you say it!! :sara:

Thanks so much for sharing!

We love a good review. I'm so happy for you as it seems you had a lot of fun. I'm glad you showed the bad things of the whole ENIGMA experience (Merch, show...) as well as the good things, and provided CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Thank you for that, people really like to hate on stuff, saying "this is bad" without giving any explanation.

GypsyBabe
Just now, SJAG said:

We love a good review. I'm so happy for you as it seems you had a lot of fun. I'm glad you showed the bad things of the whole ENIGMA experience (Merch, show...) as well as the good things, and provided CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Thank you for that, people really like to hate on stuff, saying "this is bad" without giving any explanation.

Yeah, I felt like I should clarify my view on some of the things that people were complaining about because I had a different experience. :excited:

⚯͛

Archived