• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon

Don't call me Goga

Call me Joenne

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa

Wait so you guys have never heard of Ladie Goga? Where have you all been on the last few years, with her release of Jennifer, with lead singles Clint Eastwood, Billion Reasons, Good faker.

When I saw you for the very first time Looked like Fred Astaire, drinking your red wine

TheSlash

I like her. Especially her albums Jaenne, The Fome Manster and ORTPAP :tony:  :flutter:. Looking forward to LGo6 and Enigmo :diane:

Ew, David!

SharkmanthaC
23 hours ago, Bebe said:

Guys be nice! What if they have accounts here on Gogadaley??:grr:

Hopefully they've learned the proper spelling of Lady Gaga now.

22 hours ago, JohnWayne92 said:

The average US curriculum is trash :saladga:

22 hours ago, Shipper said:

I have to agree. 

I work in an elementary school.  They don't teach them how to memorize their multiplication table and they don't teach them how to write in cursive so all their handwriting looks like chicken scratch. 

4th grade teacher here (This is my 12th year teaching.) While the US schools have lots of catching up to to some other schools, I teach my students to memorize their multiplication facts (and did when I taught 3rd too). However, I do teach strategies for those students that struggle with memorizing them. (I can get into all the learning theories on this, but I'll save that.) We also teach cursive in our state, as it's required. It can just depend on the school.

she/her/hers

JohnWayne92
20 hours ago, SamanthaC said:

Hopefully they've learned the proper spelling of Lady Gaga now.

4th grade teacher here (This is my 12th year teaching.) While the US schools have lots of catching up to to some other schools, I teach my students to memorize their multiplication facts (and did when I taught 3rd too). However, I do teach strategies for those students that struggle with memorizing them. (I can get into all the learning theories on this, but I'll save that.) We also teach cursive in our state, as it's required. It can just depend on the school.

That's exactly what I mean tho. I'm from the DFW area of Texas, my schools were amazing. 

Moved up to Oklahoma and my brother came along. The high school curriculum was stuff he had learned in elementary/middle school. Then, the people I've conversed with about school in this area amaze me with how little they know. 

I think as a whole, every state should be focusing on the same main things at the same level. Also, I think we focus too much on things that dont matter. I think by high school, our kids should be learning how to be a functioning adult and learning if they want to go to college or not. Not just higher end versions of math, science and English. Most of it isnt used in day to day life. We could be using that time to help them mold into people who know what they want to be, and be able to achieve it. That's an entirely different arguement tho. 

To stay more on track, most systems suck in the US because the poor need to stay poor 🤷‍♂️ it's terrible. 

Archived