• Created
  • Last Reply
Chuckles
18 minutes ago, Pierre said:

Is Roma good?

It is!

15 minutes ago, emig09 said:

Not bad just overrated as hell.

I mean no disrespect but is a completely different proposal from all the movies. My favorite parts of the movie is that it comes full circle with the plane as a symbol, and the panoramic and 360 shots of most scenes gives a wide perspective of what is happening besides the typical static camera.

BuzzcutSeason

Yeah, who decided to rename the thread and have it be more than charts discussion? I remember the nice days of plainly just tracking A Star Is Born back in October.

Maybe "Charts and Achievements Discussion" is a good name. It's really a general thread now which shrinks down the purpose of other areas of the site.

FRANZGA

“Do What U Want,” the second single from her 2013 album ARTPOP, was a modest hit for Gaga: it has sold 1.2 million downloads to date, according to Nielsen Music, and accrued 92.6 million on-demand U.S. streams.

wait, i'm kinda shookT with the streams but this means it can't be certified 2x Plat now :noparty:

o wait we have the Xtina version, less than 200k units fats or 30M Streams... maybe in 2030

FRANZGA

While pure sales may have drastically declined, they bolster a MUCH better pay-out rate for all people involved. On average, the performing artist receives $2.30-$2.64 per digital/physical copy sold. With pure sales of ASIB standing at 708,000 copies as of today, it has so far generated a revenue of more than $1,700,000 already in the same span of time. In addition to that comes revenue from track sales ($0,23 per sold track for the performing artist), meaning that Shallow alone generated an additional $120,000 and single sales of ASIB have generated more than an addtional $250,000 for the artists. The label of course operates at a MUCH better profit than the artists themselves. On top of that, songwriting royalities also kick in. Though comparatively much less than performing royalities, a pay-out rate of $0.091 that will be shared among the songwriters per sold track amounts to a lot more than the pay-out rate Spotify offers to songwriters.This is where it gets a lot more complicated though since songwriters are in guilds and privately agree on how the money should be split. Assuming that Gaga has taken a 40% share of writing Shallow (with her other 3 collaborators taking a 20% share respectively), the song would have generated her an additional $18,000 of revenue. For comparision: very recently a German songwriter came forward anonymously about her earnings and she said that as a songwriter, 100 million streams on Spotify essentially translate to a revenue of 650€ (approx. $745 as of today January 12th 2019).

meaning.

Shallow sold: ~522k

ASIB Tracks sold: ~1.087M

FRANZGA
20 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

“Do What U Want,” the second single from her 2013 album ARTPOP, was a modest hit for Gaga: it has sold 1.2 million downloads to date, according to Nielsen Music, and accrued 92.6 million on-demand U.S. streams.

wait, i'm kinda shookT with the streams but this means it can't be certified 2x Plat now :noparty:

o wait we have the Xtina version, less than 200k units fats or 30M Streams... maybe in 2030

wait, BB has it at 1.3M Pure Sales last Feb.2018, so safe to say it's at or near 1.3M Downloads + ~617k units from streams = 1.917M Units.. Less than 100k away from 2x Platinum... is this with or without the YT Streams>?? can somebody confirm?

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

While pure sales may have drastically declined, they bolster a MUCH better pay-out rate for all people involved. On average, the performing artist receives $2.30-$2.64 per digital/physical copy sold. With pure sales of ASIB standing at 708,000 copies as of today, it has so far generated a revenue of more than $1,700,000 already in the same span of time. In addition to that comes revenue from track sales ($0,23 per sold track for the performing artist), meaning that Shallow alone generated an additional $120,000 and single sales of ASIB have generated more than an addtional $250,000 for the artists. The label of course operates at a MUCH better profit than the artists themselves. On top of that, songwriting royalities also kick in. Though comparatively much less than performing royalities, a pay-out rate of $0.091 that will be shared among the songwriters per sold track amounts to a lot more than the pay-out rate Spotify offers to songwriters.This is where it gets a lot more complicated though since songwriters are in guilds and privately agree on how the money should be split. Assuming that Gaga has taken a 40% share of writing Shallow (with her other 3 collaborators taking a 20% share respectively), the song would have generated her an additional $18,000 of revenue. For comparision: very recently a German songwriter came forward anonymously about her earnings and she said that as a songwriter, 100 million streams on Spotify essentially translate to a revenue of 650€ (approx. $745 as of today January 12th 2019).

meaning.

Shallow sold: ~522k

ASIB Tracks sold: ~1.087M

Bitch this is my post from ATRL and the data comes from this chart thread LMFAO 

Also Shallow is roughly above 500k, I rounded up the numbers for a cleaner look throughout my hot take cuz a number like $1,691,XXX looks like garbaj

Also I didn't have have actual billboard numbers of all ASIB tracks on hand, estimated roughly 1,05M sold

FRANZGA
2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Bitch this is my post from ATRL and the data comes from this chart thread LMFAO 

Also Shallow is roughly above 500k, I rounded up the numbers for a cleaner look throughout my hot take cuz a number like $1,691,XXX looks like garbaj

Also I didn't have have actual billboard numbers of all ASIB tracks on hand, estimated roughly 1,05M sold

lmfao, i thought it's from BB or something :lmao:

ViviLittleM
2 minutes ago, Bloody said:

ARIA Charts

Shallow (=) #7

A Star Is Born (=) #2

stability :applause:

They still didn’t update the certification...

Bloody
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

They still didn’t update the certification...

I don't know what are they waiting for... 

Malibu is certified 2x platinum now :wub:

Praying is already 2x platinum certified :flutter:

It hurts to see MR only platinum certified, when it's bigger than both of these songs :selena:

They better certify MR 2x when they are about to certify Shallow 2x platinum :grr:

• Admin changed the title to Charts and awards discussion
  • Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived