celeb

Miley: "I love pop, Younger Now wasn't for me"

Stef

Featured Posts

FlopSlurper
16 minutes ago, Kimblue said:

That’s not even remotely taking bad or “bashing” the album. Wyd 

16 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

all what she said that that album cycle was painful to her (which it was like it was literally her LOWEST point of her career) she is not talking bad about the album:rip: 

yeah that was the first part, let's not ignore the second part, where she says she doesn't even know what the album was :vegas: and read the rest of what I said too, she said worse things.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Temptation
6 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

yeah that was the first part, let's not ignore the second part, where she says she doesn't even know what the album was :vegas: and read the rest of what I said too, she said worse things.

She was paraphrasing herself “Ha ARTPOP could mean anything”. She said that from the very beginning sis. Good try though. Gaga is alot smarter than us. She has never said a bad word about ARTPOP and she never will. Her saying she was “in a deeper place” in 2016 was because she was high all the time in 2013. But keep digging anway if you’re that bored :ladyhaha: 

17 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

Gaga has never talked bad about ARTPOP. She just got tired of fighting to making things how she wanted them to be. Everything else is just fan fiction. 

FlopSlurper
13 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

She was paraphrasing herself “Ha ARTPOP could mean anything”. She said that from the very beginning sis. Good try though. Gaga is alot smarter than us. She has never said a bad word about ARTPOP and she never will. Her saying she was “in a deeper place” in 2016 was because she was high all the time in 2013. But keep digging anway if you’re that bored :ladyhaha: 

I have to laugh at this excuse, were you one of those who said "omg she predicted it, MusIC nOT the BLing!!!" when it flopped? :poot: 

FlopSlurper
1 minute ago, Vegas said:

Gaga has never talked bad about ARTPOP. She just got tired of fighting to making things how she wanted them to be. Everything else is just fan fiction. 

except she has, several times :vegas: and the one I mentioned wasn't fan fiction 

30 minutes ago, FlopSlurper said:

except she has, several times :vegas: and the one I mentioned wasn't fan fiction 

You’re twisting her words to trying to prove your point: fan fiction. 

Stream Aura on Spotify, Enigma is coming :vegas:

FlopSlurper
Just now, Vegas said:

You’re twisting her words to trying to prove your point: fan fiction. 

Stream Aura on Spotify, Enigma is coming :vegas:

I don't know what I'm twisting about "it's almost like you couldn't even get to what it is" meaning literally you not getting what the album is, but go off little delulusters :diane: 

Already did, more than any album :vegas: 

gumzy3000

She honestly sounds insecure when she says this. I get what she is saying at the same time but why go and release an album if you were not feeling it? 

trolly troll troll

Guys - artists VERY OFTEN feel negatively about their past work (even if just temporarily). This is very normal.  Chill.

Runway
5 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

@ALGAYDO @Lord Temptation @Kitsch

So now I'm thinking more about what it is I want to say and what I want to leave on Earth. It's less an expression of all my pain. There will be some of my pain on the record for sure, but it will be more than that. My last album was riddled with a ton of pain. That whole record. It's almost like you couldn't even get to what it is. Now, the show gives me an outlet to put things somewhere, so when I get to the piano I'm in a deeper place already. I have something completely other to explore.

And this was BEFORE she even released Joanne, and doesn't come close to anything she said during the era. when the era started she said worse things, but since y'all claiming she never talked badly of the album, there you go. But once again, I won't go through articles and 10+ minutes long videos looking for specific lines for things people on this site already know, I'm not an archive, this alone took my more than 30 minutes to find when I could've done something else. But yeah we stan saying you don't what your album is :vegas: 

How exactly is this bashing her album 

Bradley

An album being inspired from pain is not equivalent to the artist not being proud of the music. Hell even Million Reasons is inspired by pain, but that's just the way it is. Gaga said in 2013 and 2014, at the beginning of the ARTPOP era, that the album was designed to be an adrenaline rush to cover up her pain and anger, presumably resulting from the hip surgery and how her label (some of her crew members, most noticeably Troy) did to her. In fact, she was proving exactly the opposite of not liking the music in ARTPOP, the album was her antidote, her cure, a way of escapism to anesthesise herself from all the pain that her surgery and how her label reacted had caused her.

Like I myself, and three other members have said, the music itself and the surrounding circumstances of the album are really not the same thing. Ariana Grande recently said Sweetener was the best year of her career, but worst year of her life, now if in the future, she said 'there was so much pain during Sweetener', I bet @FlopSlurper would be the first one to say that Ariana bashed Sweetener and twist her meaning.

I love Miley and I love Younger Now but Miley made it impossible to defend her. What's different between what Gaga/Ariana and Miley said is that Miley was pointing out how the music (Younger Now) wasn't 'home for her', whereas Gaga/Ariana were both proud of their music, but during those eras in which they were promoting the album, some undesirable things happened - Troy left Gaga, Gaga experiencing depression, and Ariana suffering from breakups and Mac Miller's death. Miley talked about music, Gaga and Ariana talked about life. I would love to defend Miley but they meant different things.

She does this EVERY era :messga: I'm so glad Gaga stands by everyone of her albums (tho she low key ignores ARTPOP ever existed sometimes lol :selena: ) 

FlopSlurper
48 minutes ago, Kitsch said:

An album being inspired from pain is not equivalent to the artist not being proud of the music. Hell even Million Reasons is inspired by pain, but that's just the way it is. Gaga said in 2013 and 2014, at the beginning of the ARTPOP era, that the album was designed to be an adrenaline rush to cover up her pain and anger, presumably resulting from the hip surgery and how her label (some of her crew members, most noticeably Troy) did to her. In fact, she was proving exactly the opposite of not liking the music in ARTPOP, the album was her antidote, her cure, a way of escapism to anesthesise herself from all the pain that her surgery and how her label reacted had caused her.

Like I myself, and three other members have said, the music itself and the surrounding circumstances of the album are really not the same thing. Ariana Grande recently said Sweetener was the best year of her career, but worst year of her life, now if in the future, she said 'there was so much pain during Sweetener', I bet @FlopSlurper would be the first one to say that Ariana bashed Sweetener and twist her meaning.

I love Miley and I love Younger Now but Miley made it impossible to defend her. What's different between what Gaga/Ariana and Miley said is that Miley was pointing out how the music (Younger Now) wasn't 'home for her', whereas Gaga/Ariana were both proud of their music, but during those eras in which they were promoting the album, some undesirable things happened - Troy left Gaga, Gaga experiencing depression, and Ariana suffering from breakups and Mac Miller's death. Miley talked about music, Gaga and Ariana talked about life. I would love to defend Miley but they meant different things.

you and the 3 members are ignoring the shady part, the second part.

Archived