Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

"People don’t respect Madonna the way they should"

Queen Bitch

Featured Posts

Queen Bitch
52 minutes ago, Batwings said:

I was exaggerating for dramatic effect, but you know what I mean.  :huntyga:

I was listening to Ray of Light the other day for the first time in a long time, and I thought, She really needs to work with Patrick Leonard again. Some of her best work is with him.

I know what you mean:huntyga: but I don't think she has too many features

Didn't she make MDNA with Patrick Leonard tho? :poot:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Musicisfreedom
1 hour ago, gag said:

racially insensitive images of her daughters

Please elaborate. What pictures?? Call me stupid but I've never seen such pictures

Bitch I'm Madonna

Batwings
1 minute ago, August3 said:

I know what you mean:huntyga: but I don't think she has too many features

Didn't she make MDNA with Patrick Leonard tho? :poot:

It was William Orbit she worked with on MDNA. Their work on Ray of Light was GENIUS, but on MDNA, it was like, Oh sis, why did you do that do that do that do that do that to me? :saladga:

Queen Bitch
58 minutes ago, gag said:

Her social media posts and problematic actions implies an ignorance towards the newer wave of social issues. I listed examples in the next line.

But those things you mentioned was years ago, maybe she got more informed. There is no proof that she is uninformed. There is no proof that the Drake kiss was wihout consent, I always assumed that it was planned. Also I wouldn't call any of her actions gross. 

Queen Bitch
1 minute ago, Batwings said:

It was William Orbit she worked with on MDNA. Their work on Ray of Light was GENIUS, but on MDNA, it was like, Oh sis, why did you do that do that do that do that do that to me? :saladga:

Oh right. I can't remember all the producer names. Most of MDNA was tragic. It's also proof that she shouldn't just work with someone just because their past work was good. But I'm hopeful that her new work with Mirwais will be good. 

1 minute ago, August3 said:

But those things you mentioned was years ago, maybe she got more informed. There is no proof that she is uninformed. 

Yeah? I'm talking about the scope of her career. It may be a few years ago but in terms of her legacy as a whole, they're recent actions. I'm not understanding this focus on how she can come off as tone deaf and uninformed when it's so apparent. She's not uneducated, but her actions are seemingly ignorant in today's standards of social justice. That's all.

Plus, she's had controversy around racism this year too, such as making Aretha Franklin's tribute all about herself and calling herself a 'master' in comparison to Bey and Jay-Z.

3 minutes ago, August3 said:

There is no proof that the Drake kiss was wihout consent, I always assumed that it was planned. Also I wouldn't call any of her actions gross. 

TMZ sources say it wasn't planned, his reaction makes it clear it wasn't planned. It turned out fine in the end because Drake said he liked it but it was still a disgusting thing to do in the moment.

Sexually assaulting someone, on stage at that, and saying the n-word in 2014 are gross by all means. There are other examples that can be somewhat justifiable but those two are gross, plain and simple.

13 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Please elaborate. What pictures?? Call me stupid but I've never seen such pictures

The oldest ones are from 2015 but there were recent photos as well. But in general, the gist is that her pictures of her daughters can sometimes call towards historic connotations of slave imagery. I'm 100% sure her intentions were not racist at all, after all they're photos of her children, but it shows how she lacks sensitivity towards the issue.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Bradley

It is one thing to say someone plagiarised your work, it is a whole other level of desperation and immaturity to say

'hey you said something that I said before 29 years ago'

:air:

Musicisfreedom
12 minutes ago, gag said:

The oldest ones are from 2015 but there were recent photos as well. But in general, the gist is that her pictures of her daughters can sometimes call towards historic connotations of slave imagery. I'm 100% sure her intentions were not racist at all, after all they're photos of her children, but it shows how she lacks sensitivity towards the issue.

I think the only person who would see it that way is someone who is overthinking it. All I see is a mother with her children. I do not think this says anything about her sensitivity towards the issue. That is an absolutely ridiculous accusation. And what recent pictures? I have followed Madonna for a while now and have not seen anything that can be considered racist unless you are over thinking the fact that they are black. I also think the Jay-Z and Beyoncé thing was pure accident. I don't think it has anything to do with her sensitivity towards the subject, but simply poor word choices. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

1 hour ago, gag said:

She's not seen on the same level as Cher

I don't get this Cher thing, the comparisons. 

I love Cher, but OmgNo. She's 70? M is 60. Two different girl, different career, personality. Cher aged well, and act like an 'old' khm... Woman, because for her, it's easier act like a legend. More complicated what Madonna does/did(80s-) she changed the game, was fearless and outspoken all the time! ( yes Cher was too, she had a big mouth in a talkshow, in safe places) So, M took the road less travelled by, because she wants to make a new album, wants to be relevant and bring something interesting and I think it's more respectable, because she has the power to continue, and follow her passion. For her it's not enough to be an old lady with  peacock feathers and wigs. 

Is it iconic, act a granny in mamma mia2 ? Or release an ABBA album, with shitty autotuned vocals? Is it legendary have 3 ww hit? Or do the same show since.. 2012...idk. Anyway, Cher chose the simplier, easier way as she did always. 

I love her, and she is multi talented, but she isnt on the same level as Madonna.

15 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I think the only person who would see it that way is someone who is overthinking it. All I see is a mother with her children. I do not think this says anything about her sensitivity towards the issue. That is an absolutely ridiculous accusation. And what recent pictures? I have followed Madonna for a while now and have not seen anything that can be considered racist unless you are over thinking the fact that they are black. I also think the Jay-Z and Beyoncé thing was pure accident. I don't think it has anything to do with her sensitivity towards the subject, but simply poor word choices. 

That's literally my point though? 'Insensitivity' literally means poor word choices and obliviousness towards an issue (in this case, racism). You personally may not see the images in that way, and that's perfectly fine, but you don't speak for the perception of black people who called her out during the height of the backlash. You can't chalk it up to merely 'overthinking'.

Again. I don't think her intentions are racist, but the fact that she has SO many instances where it seems she MIGHT be racist showcases her lack of awareness regarding modern social justice in the social media age. And thus, unaware and uninformed.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Musicisfreedom
10 minutes ago, gag said:

That's literally my point though? 'Insensitivity' literally means poor word choices and obliviousness towards an issue (in this case, racism). You personally may not see the images in that way, and that's perfectly fine, but you don't speak for the perception of black people who called her out during the height of the backlash. You can't chalk it up to merely 'overthinking'.

Again. I don't think her intentions are racist, but the fact that she has SO many instances where it seems she MIGHT be racist showcases her lack of awareness regarding modern social justice in the social media age. And thus, unaware and uninformed.

I do see your point. But I do not think she would ever purposefully show insensitivity towards anyone in that way. She has a really good heart. I'm just confused as to what else she has posted of her kids that make people feel that way? Maybe I'm just ignorant because I can't find anything. All I see is love. As with most of her mishaps on her social media.

Bitch I'm Madonna

What I really don't get is the double standards when it comes to this subject.

You keep praising Cher and Elton for instance. Yet they are the ones who has been absolutely vile and bullying towards madonna. Madonna hasn't said anything bad about them. Or Whitney or Janet or Mariah. They were the once who shot the fires. She merely responded and in a pretty polite manner. She really hasn't gone out of her way to attack anyone. Yet she's the one who's potrait as the vilain every damn time. 

Yes she's out spoken and has a very peculiar sence of humour and can be a bit bitchy but nowhere the level ppl just think without proof.

Is it all for being so butt hurt about the BTW thing? Because come on, that's pretty much the only true shade she has done to Gaga. She has complimented her many many times. Most recently by liking Ellens tweet about Gaga wining an oscar.

Can you even really blame her for BTW though. First of all it is indeed super similar. Then Gaga goes on national tv an out right lie about the email she got. Yet Madonna remains silent. She's silent untill she's being asked and asked and asked about it and says ABOUT THE SONG that it feels reductive, not Gaga.

Sure she then makes the whole thing into a performance which is a bit shady yes.

However that's about all she has done. And how many times Gaga has brought her up over the years? Many many many times and in a quite shady way. Especially the radio interview... 

And the recent quote thing. I honestly don't think she knew it was about Gaga as she just thought the vogue editor was sharing her old quote and reposted it. Then someone told her and she took it down.

I know it's pointless here to try to urge ppl to see both points of view yet I always try... Im not saying M is totally blameless but yeah, there's two sides to the coin. And I am absolutely not saying M is a victim. That would be a true insult towards her as that's one of the things I most admire about her; she finds stregth in hardship and does not play the victim card. 

It's very apparent in her 100 ppl quote. She is a perfectionist and out of 100 ppl she remembers the one that wasn't happy instead of 99 who adore her. That makes her work harder and improve that maybe even the 1 person will like her. She doesn't just bask in adoration. Good for her.

These days Madonna is in a role of pioneer yet again as an aging pop star fighting constantly against ageism and misogony. She's trailblazig for others coming after her. It's ok to age and noone should tell you how to behave or the stupid "act your age". In a decade or so this generations pop startlets should be grateful. And don't even try to say Cher on this context. She has done absolutely nothing in this regard.  

nobody is immune to dragging, including Madonna. especially when she's literally stepping into it herself :trollga:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Archived