Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

"People don’t respect Madonna the way they should"

Queen Bitch

Featured Posts

SwissMonster

„Madonna and Gaga are fighting again“ :selena: Lmao, their definition of a fight :toofunny:

Also, OP: she is still respected by most of the people. She just can be a bit boring :vegas:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is important to concentrate on the positive things about each person, not things that some people perceive to be negative.  Madonna had done plenty of things to respect.  Some people don't show themselves openly, and we can't go by the exterior people show to the world.  Like any other person, Madonna underneath has feelings and wants happiness.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Battle 4 Ur Life

I mean...they told no lies tho...but you see, you could write a whole huge a** encyclopedia based on "people don't..." etc...

I would contribute with "people don't respect Lady Gaga the way they should" and "people don't respect the album Born This Way the way they should"...

and many others so thank you, next.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

ryhanna

That's crap. She's one of the most highly regarded and influential artists of our time - of ALL time. But that doesn't mean she's not also a bit of a mess.

PostMalone

I think most people here respect Madonna's work. It's the person (not the artist) who I find a bit bitter towards Gaga sometimes.. You know who I think people don't respect enough in pop culture? Janet Jackson.

raragaga

i feel like people respect Madonna more than they should :ohwell:

xoxo

That J
13 hours ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Okay, you've done this in a dozen threads about madonna now where you post four or five comments in a row, one right after the other. It's so bizarre. can't you fit everything into one post? and don't you know that by posting so many times you're only pushing the thread up the "hot right now" ranking, making it more likely that more people are going to see it and make jokes at Madonna's expense? I'm genuinely asking, not trying to poke at you or something. I just don't get it.

:oprah:

If I edit something a thousand times I dont always get my point across. It's not my intention to post several times in a row. I'm aware the more posts a thread has the more its seen.  Wasnt aware of the posts in a row rule but I'll be more focused in the future.  Also in the future if you have a question or comment about the way I post, I would kindly appreciate you messaging me to ask instead of in front of the whole class.  Thank you.  

Say someone likes my post and I edit it...I dont want them to seem like they like something they may not.  Plus I've been posting here for years so....yea.  

The fact there have been "dozens" of Madonna threads says alot. Usually all negative. My biggest thing is it's just been done to death. But this is a forum and its valid I suppose. To ME, it's just a topic that has been done to death. I dont intend to seem like a final word on anything. Theres responses that offend me and I dont mention them but that's what happens in a forum at times. Again, I'll just edit so enjoy your day.  Lol. Honestly...xoxoxo

Edit... and these threads dont bother me as much as they may seem to but just like threads about everyone elses faves, I'm going to defend. Everyone does it with theirs.  

In the future I'm gonna try harder to not even come to these particular threads. Unless it's new album news. Lol

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

1) Madonna's legacy in the music industry is undisputed, she changed the game throughout the 80s to early 2000s by constantly pushing boundaries for women and the LGBT community. She has a massive career that spans decades of #1 hits, albums, and record-breaking tours.

2) Her recent actions have tarnished her image substantially. She's not seen on the same level as Cher because she has a tendency to continually chase trends, shilling out snake oil products, and is uninformed on modern social issues. While her activism was forward-thinking in the 80s, her recent antics are gross by today's standards (e.g. making out with Drake without his consent, using the n word, racially insensitive images of her daughters).

Both can be true. Her legacy can be respected while criticised at the same time.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Batwings

Here's the thing about Madonna, and I'm probably going to echo many things that have already been said throughout this thread, but they're true. I've been following her career very closely since the 90s. I stanned her hard before Gaga came along. Madonna used to actually have a message to her art, and her career was on a great trajectory, up until Hard Candy. The dissolution of her relationship with Guy Ritchie really impacted her hard, and instead of having an actual message, her focus suddenly became "I can still be hip and cool like all the young people!" I just remember how she carried herself with such grace throughout the Evita and Ray of Light eras... That doesn't even compare to the Madonna of now.

That, with all the Gaga shade throughout the years (and yes, fellow Madonna fans, it was shade. Stop trying to spin it like Trump supporters try to spin everything he does as positive.), along with her weird and, frankly, cringey social media presence are all the reasons why she doesn't have as much respect. She is a legend, and she is an icon, but she's making herself into a joke. She needs to stop with the trend-following and million features on every album and the tacky aesthetic and have another Ray of Light or American Life era where she actually has something meaningful to say.

Queen Bitch
15 minutes ago, gag said:

and is uninformed on modern social issues. 

okay I have to ask, how is she uninformed? how do you know she is? 

Queen Bitch
5 minutes ago, Batwings said:

million features on every album

she doesn't have that many features tho. 

But I agree with everything else you said. In a way it's sad that the same person who made Like A Prayer and Ray of Light also made Bitch I'm Madonna 

2 minutes ago, August3 said:

okay I how to ask, how is she uninformed? how do you know she is? 

Her social media posts and problematic actions implies an ignorance towards the newer wave of social issues. I listed examples in the next line.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Batwings
2 minutes ago, August3 said:

she doesn't have that many features tho. 

But I agree with everything else you said. In a way it's sad that the same person who made Like A Prayer and Ray of Light also made Bitch I'm Madonna 

I was exaggerating for dramatic effect, but you know what I mean.  :huntyga:

I was listening to Ray of Light the other day for the first time in a long time, and I thought, She really needs to work with Patrick Leonard again. Some of her best work is with him.

Archived