SPARTACUS

Featured Posts

raragaga

an unknown trying to get attention

xoxo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The term you’re referring to is a trope. He isn’t calling Dave Chappell that word he’s saying that the tried and true “wise black man helps white man find his way” trope is found in this movie a well. 

Moreover if what he said is offensive then why did the OP make no attempts to censor themselves? The tweets already embedded why did you have to write out the word yourself as well?

i hate Joseph khan I really do

Bradley

How can you be so pressed over a music video? :air: Is this about The Edge of Glory?

Not only is he killing his chances of working with Gaga, he's also making other pop stars stay away from him.

16 minutes ago, Kitsch said:

How can you be so pressed over a music video? :air: Is this about The Edge of Glory?

Not only has he killed his chances of working with Gaga, he's also making other pop stars stay away from him.

fixt

Lion Heart

So sick of this guy.

And his music video concepts are dated too. :tea:

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SPARTACUS
6 minutes ago, yoboiroy said:

w- HE BLOCKED ME

Did you tweet him? :udidnt:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Didymus

Pointing out racist stereotypes is now racism, wow.

He's not wrong. I noticed it too. If that character was white it wouldn't have made the same impact. It's important to question why.

And let's also not pretend that the screenplay was a masterpiece or something. It was a selection of clichés that worked gloriously, and told a moving story. Hitting the classic marks doesn't mean something's bad.

Defmix100
12 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

Ok I wasn't going to say anything but if I was going to criticize ASIB it would be for this. Plus, they suddenly get married in a black church etc when there are hardly any other POC in the film and then the film just moves along... slightly problematique :laughga: Not saying I agree with Kahn bc he's an a**hole but I did notice it. 

but if they were white characters it would have been exactly the same. Obviously the film just moves along, Ally is in the beginning of a big career she isn't just gonna decide to live in that town for the rest of her life and she isn't going to bring the other characters around the country with her. And there aren't too many characters overall, I guess Rez could have been a POC but then someone is gonna complain that a POC is the bad guy of the movie. The old man Jack talks with in rehab could have been a POC but then someone might try and apply this same trope to him in taking the form of a "patient and wise character helping the white protagonist". It makes sense for Bobby and gaga's father to be white... The point of characters are to aid or hinder the leads, if they aren't antagonists then it's likely their purpose is to help the leads move forward and that has nothing to do with race. Think of if they made ASIB as an animation with animals or aliens or something where there is no race, the characters can act the same and take on the same roles with no issue.

Lord Temptation

Is poor Joseph Kahn mad that the opening shot of ASIB alone is a million times better than anything he has ever directed? And that Bradley is a first time director. Who can sing. And who chose a woman who fired his sorry ass on set to he his lead actress? 

The pain is obviously still there. Joseph is such a foul-mouthed baby. You can see it in his directing, you can read it in his tweets. He needs a massive budget to make mediocrity look good. Needless to say he will never be nominated for an Oscar for anything.

16 hours ago, kabirartfling said:

Can we add him with pigrez hilton, Linda Perry, die antwood and other irrelevant people please!

BAN HA:grr:

why Linda Perry ? 

hello hello baby.

Archived