💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Biggest Flop Music Moment of 2018

DiscoHeaven23

2018 Flops  

279 members have voted

1. 1. What was the biggest flop moment in music in 2018?

• Fergie's National Anthem
    • Nicki Minaj's 'Queen' era
    • Dua Lipa's stage presence
    • Justin Timberlake's 'Man of the Woods' era
    • Chainsmokers releasing 9 singles and all failed
    • Collaboration song "Girls" (by Rita) and the controversy surrounding its content
    • 6ix9ine's album reviews (worst reviewed this year)
    • Alessia Cara's sophomore era (no hits, album debut outside of Top 50)
    • Shawn Mendes 'Shawn Mendes' era
    • other

Featured Posts

I won’t deny that I enjoyed tapping the option that says “Chainsmokers releasing 9 singles and all failed” :giggle::oops:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reject False Icons
39 minutes ago, Rescued said:

I won’t deny that I enjoyed tapping the option that says “Chainsmokers releasing 9 singles and all failed” :giggle::oops:

Where's the SatanicGa gif when you need it :ladyhaha:

The Chainsmokers I HAVE TO LAUGHT :sharon: From being one of the biggest acts in the WORLD, they literally dissolved into NOTHING in a year's time :air: Literally shows how the music taste of the GP changes too damn fast - and if the GP's your main/only audience, your setting yourself up for failure :messga:

And let's not start on the Gaga Curse™ :huntyga: I REALLY HAVE TO LAUGH :vegas: 

theahsfan

I'd probably say either:

Liberation by Xtina absolutely tanking second week

or

No one knowing about The Pains Of Growing by Alessia Cara.. like it only charted in 3 musically irrelevant countries 

4 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

I'd probably say either:

Liberation by Xtina absolutely tanking second week

or

No one knowing about The Pains Of Growing by Alessia Cara.. like it only charted in 3 musically irrelevant countries 

I mean Meghan's "come back" was so bad, that she made up an excuse to delay her album.

theahsfan
1 minute ago, Sharyu said:

I mean Meghan's "come back" was so bad, that she made up an excuse to delay her album.

Meghan is a fad (no flamebait intended but it's the truth). The doo-wop bubblegum pop thing just won't stick with the public. 

At least "No Excuses" charted though.

1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Since when?

Girl, they had HUGE WW hits! You know that :air: That can be a very superficial way to identify a "big act", but it's still a good parameter of how big they were :air: 

Spoiler

Also I'm playing on the 2016-17 BIG ACT vs literally 2018 trash group no one knows contrast. Lemme have this. :messga: :vegas:

Fergie’s National Anthem is the correct answer. B*tch knew better. :triggered:

Everything else were poor decisions not flops.

Hoeanne

I'm really gonna have to say JT wins (loses?) this one. For pretty much everyone either the writing was on the wall or they flopped from not that great a height. JT went from one of the biggest and most consistently successful pop star in the wold with the biggest pop hit of the previous year to a pariah in the industry.

Plus, he flopped at the Superbowl and that tends to be a career killer. Most everyone else could feasibly find some level of success (except maybe Fergie, her time has come and gone imo), but JT's career feels legit dead.

Archived