Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Camila Taking A Break

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

FarixGaga

If I learned a thing about US radios is that when you are a 'teen' artist who had some hits, radios will play the s*** out of your songs. See the Halsey pattern after Closer.
I agree that taking a break after a debut album is not a good choice, but she will still have radios on her side for sure and we don't know how long the break will be, so I wouldn't count her out yet.

JC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lighter

Gurl keep going until your 3rd album you can get 8 hours sleeps in between it won’t kill you. I want her to peak

Sandrology

I can't at these comments.. :giveup:

She's not even 22 years old and had one of the biggest hits this decade (11 Mio+ units sold) What else does she need? If she wants to look for her health don't judge her... 

Do I think it's a bad career move... Yes... But if she feels like she should take a break then she should do it 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

JusKeepBreathin
9 hours ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

from a business standpoint...

i feel the same. i feel like when ur a new solo act that's so popular, u gotta bang that sophomore album out fast (like less than 1.5 years)

Madonna did it (1 year, 4 months)

Britney did it (1 year, 4 months)

Rihanna did it (8 months)

Gaga did it (1 year, 1 month)

Ariana did it (1 year)

I agree with you but she was in 5H before. What was someone who was in a band sophnire album waits between sophmore solo albums?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Ryusei
1 hour ago, Phlop said:

Havana was her peak.

Poker Face was Gaga‘s peak so your point is...?

Musery

2 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Poker Face was Gaga‘s peak so your point is...?

You’re right Camila will be as iconic 

BYE

DiscoHeaven23
11 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I agree with you but she was in 5H before. What was someone who was in a band sophnire album waits between sophmore solo albums?

hmmm, well beyonce did take three years in between her solo albums, HOWEVER She released an album with Destiny's Child in between so that album came 1 year and 5 months after her first solo album and then her next solo album came 1 year and 10 months after the destiny's child album.

Justin Timberlake took four years off between his first and second solo album, but he became an actor and did 5 films in between. 

Gwen Stefani waited 2 years and 1 month and succeeded. It wasn't supposed to be that long in between, but she got pregnant. But because of that, Interscope kept releasing singles from her first album. It got up to 6 released singles.

Fergie waited 11 years and completely flopped :vegas:

Matangi
1 hour ago, Phlop said:

You’re right Camila will be as iconic 

why do yall always deflect as if we were arguing that camila (or whoever) would be as important or iconic as gaga. The example is to say that you can have hit records, take time for yourself, and still have a career.

IAmNotHere1997

Obviously, this is a good idea for her mental health and for life as a whole. But commercially, this is career-suicide. Unless you want to be Alessia Cara 2.0

MJHolland

some people need a break, the game isn't meant for everyone 

at least she's not forcing herself to embrace the industry and only to have a meltdown like some other favs... 

gypsy101
12 hours ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Obviously, this is a good idea for her mental health and for life as a whole. But commercially, this is career-suicide. Unless you want to be Alessia Cara 2.0

alessia won the grammy so there’s worse things to be 

Archived