đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

VoxLux throws shade at ASIB on Twitter

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult
10 minutes ago, hpmcmill said:

I’m seeing this movie this morning, will report back... lol.

Traitor!

Spoiler

Jk. Enjoy! Tell us if it’s worth watching. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic

She's always winning. Somehow she stays there. I can't stand it. :poot:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Serial Chiller

Vox Lux is the definition of pretention. I watched a prescreening of it and the woman from the neon distribution company came up and yapped about how “ooh this film is very art-house unconventional; it’s ok if u don’t understand it.” 

It tried to talk about a bunch of stuff without making sense on any of them. 

(SPOILER ALERT) 

The school shooting scene at the beginning is, I admit, powerful and extremely unpleasant to watch. However, the way they went from there - portraying Celeste as the victim/benefactor of the incident is so unconvincing. The second half of the film literally tries to be everything. The terrorrism, the superstar breakdown, the torn relationship, capitalism... So much distraction and pretention that the message can be anything or nothing at all. 

The movie is at times very unpleasant, physically so. Some scenes have flashes that were blinding and I don’t even know why they don’t put up epilepsy warning at my showing. And while Natalie Portman delivers the acting, the singing was TERRIBLE. The final concert scene was to me, a cringefest. Why can’t they just dub over her voice? :emma:

Chickens in Malibu
4 hours ago, Edible Cloud said:

181208074929994627.png

tenor.gif?itemid=9083311

There can be 100 people on twitter, 99 are talking about it, but Bradley ain't one of them.

MonsterOfSpain
28 minutes ago, Aglaya said:

:spin:

They are truly obsessed omg. Can't blame them, ASIB is so good that I get why they can't keep talking bout it :gaga: 

Defmix100
1 hour ago, LateToCult said:
  Hide contents

You didn’t hear this from me but “Wrapped Up” kinda slaps. 👀 But it’s definitely not the “anthem of the nation” that they billed it as in the movie  :ladyhaha:

Wrapped Up In Ribbons, just listening to it. Does she say "epic fail" in it?

LateToCult
14 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

Wrapped Up In Ribbons, just listening to it. Does she say "epic fail" in it?

Idk. I listened to it again and it’s kinda cringe now. :laughga:

Bolkins

If anything it’s fine that they’re leaning so much on ASIB, just shows it’s cultural impact :firega:

It's sad that voxlux's PR team decided on this as their promotional strategy.

The fact that Natalie also said that her character was inspired by Gaga and then this mess happens... :selena: I do respect Natalie as an actress -and I was interested in how this movie would play out for her- but I'm certainly not going to support this movie now. Oh well, saved me some coins at least.

Also, never forget that there definitely is some truth to the Gaga curse™. Trying to elevate yourself by downgrading Gaga and her artistry will always backfire on you. :giggle:

Zander

I think it speaks volumes tbh. They could have picked literally any quote from a positive review but they purposefully chose one that pits one against the other to make the movie look better. I know big corporations like Microsoft, Samsung etc... use this tactic to promote their products but I've never seen a movie do that before. It just reads negatively, and its sad and desperate.

Runway

Their campaign is so awful. Branding themselves as the anti-ASIB, when ASIB is critically acclaimed and most importantly it’s LOVED by the GP (soccer moms are too powerful) so yeah they just killed off their own awards and box office appeal :poot:

Archived