đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

MANiCURE vs Sexxx Dreams as a Single, which would have done Better?

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

In 2013, I believe that their was some debate among fans, Lady Gaga, and her team about which one of these should have been a single on ARTPOP. I have always wondered which one would have been more successful as a single (I personally think MANiCURE.). What do you guys think? Make sure to include stuff like radio support, charts, critical and GP reception, as well as awards if you think that either song would be eligible for some. You can also talk about music videos too if you'd like.

he/him/his

Anderson123

Probably Sex Dreams because Gaga said that she or they wanted it as the lead single. Manicure is a fun song but very meh in my opinion, very basic and sounds dated now. I love DJWS' work and I do love Manicure but it's not really a song that I want to listen to it that much, it's just sitting there.

I would've enjoyed MANiCURE more since it's a song I can listen to with my family :ladyhaha:

But Sexxx Dreams would've been more of a success and it's obvious :icega:

Manicure is safer.

I think Sexxx Dreams could’ve worked with a great video and if she jumped on Rihanna wanting to collaborate.

BYE

TimisaMonster

Sexxx Dreams...better sound, better video potential, and sex sells so charts would also be up 

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

1 hour ago, TimisaMonster said:

Sexxx Dreams...better sound, better video potential, and sex sells so charts would also be up 

idk, imo, but imagine the christians and the locals calling her a sex magnet, object, and shitting on her more? 

rah rah rah rah

ssslyboy

Radio probably would've had a problem playing Sexxx Dreams because of the title.  I love both tracks, but I personally think Manicure is catchier and would've done better either way.

TimisaMonster
30 minutes ago, ssslyboy said:

Radio probably would've had a problem playing Sexxx Dreams because of the title.  I love both tracks, but I personally think Manicure is catchier and would've done better either way.

Well the radio edit would be X Dreams...like on the clean version 

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

Bradley

I love both songs but Sexxx Dreams is the answer.

A visually provocative video with a carefully shot choreography would have been amazing and made it as one of her most iconic music videos. I'm thinking Inez & Vinoodh as the director would have been amazing, since Applause shocked me to the core when I first saw it.

Reginald

MANiCURE, but the Swinefest arrangement with "Heal Me" / "Addicted To Love" hook as part of the chorus instead of the bridge 

27monster27

19 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

It definitely is a difficult choice. Sexxx Dreams without question would provide an AMAZING video. One of the reasons why I think that MANiCURE would do better though is because it also sounds very "Lady Gaga". As in with the repetition of syllables, "Ma ma ma MANiCURE."

he/him/his

Bel Esprit

Sexxx Dreams, I haven't gone back to MANiCURE in so long, I always thought Gaga should've released Aura and Sexxx Dreams, they were more controversial, but also catchy and unique, and that combination was working in 2013. Applause was much too generic and unrelatable imo, it's catchy, but far from the best on ARTPOP.

ArtGagaPop

The song that was reffered to as the poker face of ARTPOP and obvious single choice by billboard and Adeles favorite song from ARTPOP :staymad:

Archived