💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Cher, Reba McEntire, Among Others Honored By The Kennedy Center

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

DtbGV48U4AAaApC?format=jpg&name=small

This year’s honorees for lifetime achievements in the arts are Cher, composer Phillip Glass, country music legend Reba McEntire and jazz icon Wayne Shorter. The co-creators of “Hamilton” — writer and actor Lin-Manuel Miranda, director Thomas Kail, choreographer Andy Blankenbuehler and music director Alex Lacamoire — are set to receive a unique award honoring them as “trailblazing creators of a transformative work that defies category.”

The first recipient, McEntire, was introduced by music star Kelly Clarkson, who performed McEntire’s hit song “Fancy.”

“Sometimes when we meet our heroes, it doesn’t always pan out,” Clarkson told McEntire, “but my friendship with you became one of the highlights of my life.”

Shorter was hailed by the Kennedy Center for a six-decade career that included collaborations with Art Blakey, Miles Davis, Carlos Santana and Joni Mitchell.

Jason Moran, the Kennedy Center’s artistic director for jazz, described Shorter’s music in celestial terms.

“His sound holds a special place in the galaxy,” Moran said. “I can safely say that somewhere in the galaxy right now, a band is playing one of his pieces.”

On the red carpet before the event, Cher said she has always tried to focus on the music and her fans over any career honors. She said she was genuinely surprised to receive the award.

“I never thought I was the right person for this because I’m a little bit out there,” the 72-year-old pop music icon said.

Source:

https://wtop.com/entertainment/2018/12/celebrities-guests-arrive-for-kennedy-center-honors-program/

Congrats to all these music legends! :applause:

Gaga was performing on this event in 2014 for Sting, and again in 2015 for Stevie Wonder.

Too bad Gaga cannot do this year, imagine her singing one of Cher's song! :giveup:

Hope someday Gaga will be the Honoree too! :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

It's so great to see Cher being recognized for her impact on music and television! We stan a multimedia icon.

rumours

Reba and Cher in the same Kennedy Center Honors?!?! Cool!

Do we know who is performing for each of them?

Spoiler

Side Note: Is there a reason why Reba's last name is misspelled in the thread title?

4afcfcbb65ed5e8d7b8852e16436cb35eeefc78e

RAMROD
12 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Reba and Cher in the same Kennedy Center Honors?!?! Cool!

Do we know who is performing for each of them?

Hide contents

Side Note: Is there a reason why Reba's last name is misspelled in the thread title?

4afcfcbb65ed5e8d7b8852e16436cb35eeefc78e

Blame my fat fingers, not me. :classy: 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

rumours
3 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Blame my fat fingers, not me. :classy: 

17-tweets-that-will-make-you-say-damn-re

Reba is upset at your fat fingers

Spoiler

... and is now going to retaliate

tumblr-l12sgdtxqy1qz7o2oo1-500.jpg

RAMROD