Featured Posts

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ND4 said:

Yeh.. sure jan 

Um, it's true, she hates Hollywood, as crazy as it sounds :ladyhaha:

1 hour ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Correction: She used to hate Hollywood. Now she's smooching its golden booty like a good little Oscar campaigner should :giggle:

OT: In my opinion, she is changing a LOT right now because she is suddenly embracing/truly believing that her career is capable of much more than being a "weird 2000s pop girl" 

I feel like a lot of stans expect Gaga to never ever change her mind or go back on anything she's ever said or any position she has ever held since she was 23 years old and that's ridiculous. 

I agree with Didymus's sentiment that something in Gaga changed during C2C and hasn't changed again since, though she has somewhat gone through the motions of different presentations for each era. But I disagree with the cynicism over her "losing" something as the reason she changed. She just grew up some and wanted to enjoy her fkin life more lol. (Not saying she was immature before but just that people's priorities change as they age) Why wouldn't she desire less controversy and more respect?  I get that it makes her less interesting, but I guess shaking the cage is for the young and hungry.

I think that at first, this change will have its moments where she divorces herself from her past work, such as in her recent Cinemathetique Awards speech. But I also think monsters are taking that speech way too out of context  :smh: She has referred to Gaga as her armor or mask before, superhero cape is just another metaphor like that. It doesn't mean she disowns her past self or thinks it was bad. She isn't going back either though.

She'll always hate Hollywood and that's because she knows how incredibly fake it is, but that doesn't mean she shows it, especially lately :trollga:

btw, nothing against Hollywood, it's very beautiful, but the industry around it is just... well, fake.

lolitamuse

If you think she still hates Hollywood, you're delusional. She fully immersed herself in the Hollywood movie star life from the moment ASIB premiered and she hasn't looked back. Someone who hated Hollywood wouldn't conform so well. She's hit every red carpet looking like a starlet, doing the press interviews and giving them just the right amount of charm with the right press blurbs (100 people in a room, Bradley sings from the nectar, we're both Italian, etc...)

Someone who hates Hollywood AND who has a track record of using fashion and performance art to make a statement would go to these red carpets with an edge. The rose with the thorn. Like wearing Converse with a ball gown. She has NO edge, no genuine remarks to give when being interviewed, no winks to her rebellious nature, nothing. She's a Hollywood bombshell and that's it. 

Tbh, I see her and Bradley forming a "Tim Burton and Johny Depp" relationship where she just ends up in all of his future movies. I think she's had a taste of hollywood ambrosia and she's not going back to the lower east side bar beer. 

Space Cowboy

There would be no GAGA without Stefani. They’re one in the same, she has said it herself. There’s many sides to her and her career is proof of it. Point blank period.

Max Vandeburg
2 hours ago, DCgaga said:

She'll always hate Hollywood and that's because she knows how incredibly fake it is, but that doesn't mean she shows it, especially lately :trollga:

6 minutes ago, lolitamuse said:

If you think she still hates Hollywood, you're delusional. She fully immersed herself in the Hollywood movie star life from the moment ASIB premiered and she hasn't looked back. Someone who hated Hollywood wouldn't conform so well.

She literally said "there are a lot of fake people in Hollywood, but Bradley is not one of them" just a few weeks ago at Stephen Colbert's show.

And by the way, an artist can work in Hollywood and recognize its problems and issues at the same time. It doesn't mean that she's "conforming" to it.

4 minutes ago, Max Vandeburg said:

She literally said "there are a lot of fake people in Hollywood, but Bradley is not one of them" just a few weeks ago at Stephen Colbert's show.

And by the way, an artist can work in Hollywood and recognize its problems and issues at the same time. It doesn't mean that she's "conforming" to it.

Oh yeah, my mistake :oops:

lolitamuse
18 minutes ago, Max Vandeburg said:

Okay? That doesn't mean anything. There's a lot of fake people in the music industry too, which she's been super critical of in the past, and she conformed to that too eventually :ohwell:

Prove her non-conformity, tbh. Everything she's done so far is the literal blueprint for how to be an Oscar winning rising star actress, don't see where the non-conformity is. 

Wet Fire

Gaga and Stefani are not the same persona but are the same person. That's it. As two different but related personas they would always contradict and influence each other. And that contradiction will express itself as the self-contradiction of the person of Gaga/Stefani.

Max Vandeburg
29 minutes ago, lolitamuse said:

Okay? That doesn't mean anything. There's a lot of fake people in the music industry too, which she's been super critical of in the past, and she conformed to that too eventually :ohwell:

Prove her non-conformity, tbh. Everything she's done so far is the literal blueprint for how to be an Oscar winning rising star actress, don't see where the non-conformity is. 

Well, so what's your concept of "non-conformity"? Honestly.

She is already aware of the problems of the industry, uses her voice to criticize it, defends her beliefs and maintains the integrity of her work. What do you want more? Should she just stop making music, act and disappear completely from Hollywood to show YOU that she's not "conformed"? Don't you realize how bizarre that sounds?

Honestly, sometimes I think you guys are just looking for reasons to criticize her every move. It's tiring, sad and creepy the way you just CAN'T LET HER WIN, even in one of the brightest moments of her career.

a9c.gif

I'm exhausted of all the bullsh*t and drama in this thread. Bye.

gagzus

No she doesn’t annoy me because she’s learned from the legends about what longevity is; there’s a reason she’s having a resurgence in popularity whilst other stars who don’t evolve or transform whom she was in competition with have withered away in public interest. 

Nile Rogers explained it best, when Chic was at the height of their popularity in the 70s he became a songwriter and producer because as he has said everyone has an expiration date in the public eye in a medium and must adapt to other mediums for longevity, and it’s sad to admit but Gaga’s for her music career has happened so now she’s transforming and conqueror other fields in which she has passion for like philanthropy and acting, eventually she may even become a songwriter and producer who knows. This is why the careers of even many legends basically commercially expired like Whitney, Michael and Madonna because they didn’t adapt into a new medium even though they tried to, that’s why Cher’s commercial time is kinda up now because she hasn’t got anything new to adapt to like she has for the last few decades. It’s a fact in the entertainment industry you must move from medium to medium to mainatain a successful career. 

I have a feeling we’ll see Gaga do more movies, tv, maybe broadway, philanthropy and business ventures and probably only get 2-3 albums over the next 10 years in all honesty if we’re lucky, unless her music becomes a bigger focal point than her persona again.

Judas Society
7 hours ago, M Monstre said:

The only people who are complicating this matter are fans who brutally want Gaga to "stay Gaga."

Here's what the situation is:

"Gaga" is Stefani. Stefani is "Gaga". "Gaga" is a persona Stefani used in order to feel more confident, brave, and to overall take creative control over her career. Stefani is weird, artistic, creative, imaginative, rebellious, etc., but "Gaga" is just that 10x. 

The reason she made that statement is because at this point in time, people only see "Gaga" for what they want to see her as. She explains this on the Actors on Actors interview with Jamie Lee Curtis. "Gaga" is suppose to be an amalgamation of who she is and whatever artistic endeavour she's taking on; however, people have misconstrued that in a way where people only see her as being what they want to see her as. People have this perception of who she is, and often times, that's not who she really is. She made that statement to say "Look, I am 'Gaga', but I'm not the 'Gaga' everyone thinks I am because at this point everyone has a perception of me that's different from who I really am."

I feel like people are misconstruing this to be like "Well Gaga's not 'Gaga' if she's not weird so she must not like being 'Gaga' anymore." Remember the rumour that she was going to be credited as "Stefani" for the movie? Well, she's credited as "Lady Gaga." She still sees herself as Gaga, but she doesn't like that there are people who have this idea of who "Gaga" is when they really don't.

I couldn't have put this in better words. :golfclap:

Archived