Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Rant: Why does Gaga complicate things?

Bambino

Featured Posts

AStarIsBorn21
10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

The way she talks about herself, her previous career, her music and where she's going. The vibe, her lack of interest in challenging fashion (this especially since 2015), her deteriorating clothing presentation in her daily life, her "I'd rather be pretty than interesting" red carpet looks, etc.

I don't know, like can you honestly say Joanne was completely different, presentation wise, than Cheek to Cheek? It felt like the same person to me... she just stopped playing a character and wanted to be seen, for both albums, as a regular girl who was just making music and wanted people to focus on her vocal talents.

That's still the case as of the end of 2018. So I don't think it's convincing to expect her to switch things up again for her next era. If that was the case, she'd have done it already.

Tell me these all share a vibe. I’ve already lost interest in conversing with you. If you genuinely believe she hasn’t changed since 2015 you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Bye.

2D12838400000578-3256344-image-m-91_1443 grammys-2016-red-carpet-lady-gaga-billbo3dde81c85e28aad11cdb2e4e30f4ab5d.jpglady-gaga-grammys.jpg?quality=70&strip=alady-gagas-latest-jaw-dropping-red-carpers_634x1024-150618191425-634.Lady-Gaga-Sbritish-fashion-awards-red-carpet-arrivaLady-Gaga-Costume-MET-2015-outfits-billblady-gaga-bradley-cooper-venice-film-feslady-gaga-42nd-toronto-international-filLady-Gaga.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bel Esprit said:

I think she had to kill old Gaga in 2014 to maintain a career. It all was just leading to backlash and diminishing returns. At the end of the day Lady Gaga is a mainstream popstar. She can't continue down a path even as it becomes less and less lucrative indefinitely. She has dancers, managers, stylists and a record label that she is supporting. I'm sure Gaga will reintroduce elements of CrazyGa eventually, but this Oscar campaign is too big of moment in her career to risk. It's just too big of a moment. Her future in showbiz is really being cemented with this project and Gaga can't risk losing her traction. 

That's tea. Even if she might not be actively working towards that with her mindset, that is definitely on the table. 

Honestly, it's kind of valid. We still get "CrazyGa" on the stage, anyway.

3 points in and ready for more

geopang
2 minutes ago, Bel Esprit said:

I think she had to kill old Gaga in 2014 to maintain a career. It all was just leading to backlash and diminishing returns. At the end of the day Lady Gaga is a mainstream popstar. She can't continue down a path even as it becomes less and less lucrative indefinitely. She has dancers, managers, stylists and a record label that she is supporting. I'm sure Gaga will reintroduce elements of CrazyGa eventually, but this Oscar campaign is too big of moment in her career to risk. It's just too big of a moment. Her future in showbiz is really being cemented with this project and Gaga can't risk losing her traction. 

And that’s exactly why I think it’s sad. I couldn’t care less about an Oscar career. I’m glad she’s getting recognition, but She’s really caught herself up in Hollywood, a place she was always against. How sad is it that the girl who said she would quit music and start playing in bars if she can’t make whatever she wants artistically is now becoming just another Hollywood girl

mariomania1234
Just now, geopang said:

And that’s exactly why I think it’s sad. I couldn’t care less about an Oscar career. I’m glad she’s getting recognition, but She’s really caught herself up in Hollywood, a place she was always against. How sad is it that the girl who said she would quit music and start playing in bars if she can’t make whatever she wants artistically is now becoming just another Hollywood girl

But how do you know she's not making what she wants. Again, fans are making assumptions.

And Shallow is about a thousand miles away from the current musical climate. She continues to get ww hits while being unconventional.

Antichrist
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well, then can you note the differences? :shrug:

I'm not saying I want her to be someone else. I'm just noting that she seems to have found a permanent "version" of herself, a "vibe" in which she will continue to stay, do interviews in, release music in, promote projects in, etc.

I'm fine with that, that's just my conclusion, against people who argue that she'll surprise us all with a new character next time or whatever. I just don't think that's gonna happen. I think she's satisfied. Like she said: being a mom is more important to her right now than her career. So how can you still claim with absolute certainty that she still cares about blowing our socks off next year or whatever?

ohh, okay, i guess we have the exact same point of view :kara:

i guess most fans just miss the golden era of gaga, when she was everywhere, idk, probably makes the fans feel more important or whatever, i don't get it :toofunny:

it's really funny to me though, how people were very accepting of joanne and her toning it down only to appeal to the Gee-Pee, and most of them now want her to go back to 2008-2011. hypocrites :toofunny:

Didymus
6 minutes ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

Tell me these all share a vibe. I’ve already lost interest in conversing with you. If you genuinely believe she hasn’t changed since 2015 The you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Bye.

2D12838400000578-3256344-image-m-91_1443 grammys-2016-red-carpet-lady-gaga-billbo3dde81c85e28aad11cdb2e4e30f4ab5d.jpglady-gaga-grammys.jpg?quality=70&strip=alady-gagas-latest-jaw-dropping-red-carpers_634x1024-150618191425-634.Lady-Gaga-Sbritish-fashion-awards-red-carpet-arrivaLady-Gaga-Costume-MET-2015-outfits-billblady-gaga-bradley-cooper-venice-film-fes

But those are just different looks... Like, you could make an identical collage about Nicki or Miley, what's the point? I'm not talking about different looks, I'm talking about era's. I'm not saying she always looked the same lol (she never did that in music era's), I'm saying that in her way of presenting herself and talking about herself and her projects, she seems to have found a permanent vibe, for years now, beyond the limit of projects, or looks.

When I heard her talk about C2C, AHS, Joanne and ASIB I'm hearing and seeing the same girl. The girl who's not really interested anymore in capturing public attention as a character, but more as a regular girl (which she's kept repeating she is) who is just coming to talk about her recent projects she's really passionate about. That, to me, is a momentous shift from her previous approach, in which every public appearance was truly an event, not just a celebrity popping in to say hello.

@Didymus I feel like, in a more "presented" manner, she and her team have been trying to create a more consistent, palatable, and mature persona for the public. That, I agree with you.

That said, and maybe this is just the stan in me, I truly believe that she is still the same whack performance art theater wannabe girl that we all know and love, when she's in environments that aren't so watched by the public. Tours, one-on-one interactions, and smaller shows. @AStarIsBorn21's examples of her visual changes is a good, if not singularly aesthetic-level, indication of this.

3 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

Also are we not forgetting she did this but weeks ago?

It's interesting, to see such polarizing opinions from the public, regarding these photos. It was like, half were ready for the "return" of "CrazyGa", while the other half were vehemently turned off because they thought Gaga had "matured".

I think her and her team are honestly testing the waters with this. For the better or for the worse, they are much more cognizant of Gaga's image. In the long-term, it's probably very good.

Guillaume Hamon
1 minute ago, FlopSlurper said:

This, a year and something ago I was so mad at her for going to epione and how she handled the meet and greet of the tour and then when she announced her vegas residency she hit the last nail in the coffin and I blocked her from everywhere :air: I realise that sounds very dramatic but at the time it was so many things adding up. Me blocking her is why I'm still a fan now, I had her blocked until I saw her on tour again and I got reminded why I love her. Now I've learned to ignore what I don't like about her and appreciate what I love.

It's great that you don't put too much importance in her decisions anymore since you will never like them all. Being a fan must be about pleasure. The day you start getting angry when she doesn't give you what you want you're burning the fun of it. Congrats for saying it cause many don't. ;) 

For a long time I was getting mad at folks talking **** about her and someday I asked myself why some stranger decisions made me mad. I was just too much lmao. Also that was a bit of a proxy-life, attack on her where like attacks on me and her success was like mine in my head... :/ 

We all go too far sometimes haha!

Bel Esprit
1 minute ago, geopang said:

How is it sad? Gaga talked about wanting to be an actress as far back as The Fame, it's clearly always been a goal of hers. The fact that the fan base has been so lukewarm on her acting endeavors is shocking to me. I remember back in 2011/2012 time frame there were rumors that Gaga would star in an Amy Winehouse biopic, and I read some comments on it and people were saying that Gaga can only go so far in music, and I think we've seen that. Not that Gaga can't have her moments in the music industry, but her first three eras are a tough act to follow. I've always wanted Gaga to become an actress, to be a multimedia icon, to truly try everything, while not abandoning music. With ASIB she got to do both act and perform songs, release music and it's become one of the biggest moments in her career. With Hollywood making more and more musicals as a counterprogramming to superhero movies, Gaga could be the perfect fit for this era of Hollywood and really further cement herself as a legend. 

Bel Esprit
10 minutes ago, mariomania1234 said:

Also are we not forgetting she did this but weeks ago?

This, and the response was fairly large. People seemed hyped. Even in a random video reaction to a Vox Lux trailer, Grace Randolph mentioned that Gaga should return to her previous persona to some extent. I think Gaga has been waiting for the right moment to reintroduce that side of herself. 

43 minutes ago, Runway said:

It seems like you’re jumping to conclusions 

I feel like that speech was much deeper than just her career. And has nothing to do with her GaGa persona. She is who she is regardless. And she’s always been true to herself and her fans. She’s just a more mature version of herself now. 

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Bel Esprit said:

Gaga could be the perfect fit for this era of Hollywood and really further cement herself as a legend.  

:applause:

This era truly is a showstopper. I wish it had just followed ARTPOP tbh. But I understand that, for her, it couldn't have. She needed the phases in between. I'm just very curious to see what she'll do next. A true make it or break it moment.

Bel Esprit
Just now, Didymus said:

:applause:

This era truly is a showstopper. I wish it had just followed ARTPOP tbh. But I understand that, for her, it couldn't have. She needed the phases in between. I'm just very curious to see what she'll do next. A true make it or break it moment.

I felt Gaga should've had her first major acting role following BTW era. I think ASIB era is a course correction of something that should've began earlier, and now I believe Gaga's overall career will stabilize to some extent, instead of the constant rollercoaster that was the first ten years. 

Archived