Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Question about Shallow

Defmix100

Featured Posts

Defmix100

Mark Ronson said that when they wrote Shallow they didn't know where it would play in the film and thought of it as possibly the end credit song. Then when he saw a version of the movie he said that's when he found out the role the song had now taken in the movie. Do you think this means they originally recorded a solo Gaga version of the song singing both verses? This could also be the version in the trailer which makes sense as she wouldn't have needed to have done it in the emotional nervous style at the time since it wasn't yet her first concert performance song.

NIGHTCRAWLER

what if the first Gaga solo version is the one she sings solo at the end of the movie because Jack didn't come

Reality

That's very much possible, but from what I got out of that interview though was that Ronson and Gaga just wrote the song, but didn't record it. I think it's entirely plausible that they wrote it with the intention of Gaga alone singing it, but I don't think they recorded anything beyond that. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

Defmix100
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

That's very much possible, but from what I got out of that interview though was that Ronson and Gaga just wrote the song, but didn't record it. I think it's entirely plausible that they wrote it with the intention of Gaga alone singing it, but I don't think they recorded anything beyond that. 

I get what you mean and that was my first thought too but I think they would have recorded a demo 1 so that multiple people working on the movie could hear it rather than reading and having no idea what it sounded like, and 2 so that they themselves wouldn't forget the melodies and ideas from the writing session

River

Maybe it was from a solo and she talked to 2 lovers, man and woman, and Ally was supposed to be bi and fall in love with 2 singers?

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Free My Mind

I don't think so - I think it would have been decided where shallow was in the film long before any final versions of music were recorded

Defmix100
24 minutes ago, Free My Mind said:

I don't think so - I think it would have been decided where shallow was in the film long before any final versions of music were recorded

not final but demo/worktape which could have been finalised for the trailer like how Angel Down worktape was for Joanne

Archived