đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mendes on being called gay

Borislshere

Featured Posts

20 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

I mean.. it took Ricky Martin over 20 years to publicly come out of the closet.. we can hope :oops:  :pray:

Reveal hidden contents

also can he be my daddy please

Not the same thing. Ricky knew he was and everyone around him knew. The rumours didnt came from internet fans who wanted him gay. It actually hurt his career in US. Shawn seems to think he is straight. Lets respect that. Even if he is gay, discovering and accepting that depends on that person. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chickens in Malibu
Just now, Miracle said:

This is starting to get on my nerves. Read a book. Go to your local LGBT 101 webpage

No it's the same thing. I don't need to read anything. How would you feel if people kept telling you you're straight and not gay, if you were gay? Why shouldn't the opposite be just as bad.

It's fine to speculate on someone's sexuality. But when that person comes out and say they're gay or straight. It ends the debate right there. 

Regina George
1 minute ago, Miracle said:

I edited the comment to further explain myself but don't go that route and don't ever compare the experiences of a famous straight person with a stupid fanbase to those of bullied gay kids because you're devaluating the struggle queer people have to go through just for being queer for...Shawn Mendes. 

I don't feel insecure if someone calls me gay in a non-insulting / humilliating way. If you feel like that, you might want to set an appointment with a therapist, but I'm not blaming you because you're gay and you've gone through the experiences a gay person have to go through. They're just marketing himself as gay to get the pink money. I don't blame him, I  blame his marketing team and the mysoginistic people of the world.

xoxo

First of all I’m not male, I’m straight female and I’d be offended if someone called me lesbian not because it’s offensive but because I’m not and I said respectfully many times that I’m not. You are so ignorant and no better in ANY WAY that those bullies - if you think you are better than them then sorry. He gets millions ((((MILLIONS)))) of “gay shaming” messages on daily basis and you are here saying something like that? Get out honestly! You are disrespectful and I’m disgusted by what you wrote there. 

Miracle
2 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

First of all I’m not male, I’m straight female and I’d be offended if someone called me lesbian not because it’s offensive but because I’m not and I said respectfully many times that I’m not. You are so ignorant and no better in ANY WAY that those bullies - if you think you are better than them then sorry. He gets millions ((((MILLIONS)))) of “gay shaming” messages on daily basis and you are here saying something like that? Get out honestly! You are disrespectful and I’m disgusted by what you wrote there. 

Of course a straight woman would think "you're a HUNTYYYYYYY" comments are as humilliating as queer discrimination + would be extremely offended for being called a lesbian. I don't know what to say anymore. There's a lot of LGBT-oriented bookshops and library sections that might help. 

Head Empty
29 minutes ago, Miracle said:

That doesn't mean I have to feel bad for his internalized homophobia. I acknowledge and I think it's bad the way his casual fans and fanbase are patronizing towards his career but he's still showing a negativity towards feminity and queerness that's harmful to the community.

He's being honest though. He doesn't say femininity is bad (actually he literally says that there's nothing wrong with it, and that he wishes he wasn't insecure about it). He simply want to be himself (feminine side included), without people pushing stereotypes onto it. Straight guys can be feminine, just how gay or bi guys can be masculine.

14 minutes ago, Miracle said:

That doesn't mean I have to feel bad for his internalized homophobia. I acknowledge and I think it's bad the way his casual fans and fanbase are patronizing towards his career but he's still showing a negativity towards feminity and queerness that's harmful to the community.

That's not what's harmful for the community, comments like yours are.

Regina George
1 minute ago, Miracle said:

Of course a straight woman would think "you're a HUNTYYYYYYY" comments are as humilliating as queer discrimination + would be extremely offended for being called a lesbian. I don't know what to say anymore. There's a lot of LGBT-oriented bookshops and library sections that might help. 

Only one here that needs a bookshop is you. If someone straight keeps saying they are straight and even after all those statements you call them gay, you are being offensive.. Now don’t turn this into me being homophobic or something because believe me, I’m not.. Nothing but love for you hunty and keep it respectful because you are being extremely disrespectful to people on here <3

Head Empty
3 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Of course a straight woman would think ...

Oh my god stereotyping like this is ten times more offensive than anything Shawn said in this interview.

Borislshere

Another thing, why is he so worried about people calling him gay? Like if you’re not, you’re not. No need try so hard to get people to change their opinions on you. The fact that he tries to be seen in public with a girl just so people think he’s straight is bothering me so much. I hope the women he uses for this are also in on what he’s doing. 

MJHolland

like... i get trying to be sensitive and the speculation is rude...

but what straight person is this upset about people assuming their sexuality?

like, if you thought I was straight (I am not), I wouldn't be offended or even think about it.

and no straight person keeps their sexuality in the closest a la his relationship with Hailey Baldwin.

I'll leave it alone moving forward, but there is obviously something there. 

Antichrist
18 minutes ago, Miracle said:

lets put things into perspective. im calling you a murderer, but you arent. so by your logic, you are the one who has internalized whatever-murder-phobia because you know you're not a murderer, but as long as i keep saying it, you are a murderer and that makes it valid, and makes you phobic and offensive.

also, de-evaluating struggles... my friend, non-queer people have huge struggles too, i cant even with that comment :toofunny:

EDIT: not comparing gays & murderers, just took an extreme case to try & prove a point. thank you.

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

Another thing, why is he so worried about people calling him gay? Like if you’re not, you’re not. No need try so hard to get people to change their opinions on you. The fact that he tries to be seen in public with a girl just so people think he’s straight is bothering me so much. I hope the women he uses for this are also in on what he’s doing. 

Why are kids so worried about school mates calling them gay and want to commit suicide? Like if they are not gay, they are not gay. Sorry but what you wrote is ignorant. When someone says he’s not gay, no one has rights to call him gay. You should turn the tables and say “Why are people calling him gay? Like if he said he’s not, he’s not”. It is giving him anxiety and insecurities CLEARLY. 

Antichrist
2 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

like... i get trying to be sensitive and the speculation is rude...

but what straight person is this upset about people assuming their sexuality?

like, if you thought I was straight (I am not), I wouldn't be offended or even think about it.

and no straight person keeps their sexuality in the closest a la his relationship with Hailey Baldwin.

I'll leave it alone moving forward, but there is obviously something there. 

do we not live on the same planet? literally almost every single straight person is lol

It's admirable that he is willing to admit his struggles with the acceptance of queer people and gender non-conforming expression and him recognizing the fault in his own thinking and trying to confront these thoughts though. I think many men deep down have a struggle with the idea of femininity / queerness and just try to ignore and not question that part of themselves. Just shows how deeply ingrained internalized homophobia and misogyny are in society, specifically within men.

MJHolland
44 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

The replies in this thread are so disheartening and, frankly, disrespectful. He's making a great point, and who the heck are we to judge someone's sexuality. And most of us know just how sensitive this subject can be - and that isn't exclusive to the LGBT community.

Just be respectful and open towards what other people say. Not everything has to fit your stereotypes.

99% of people spreading the "gay rumor" about Shawn are just giving him compliments and wishfully thinking. 

What is disrespectful is that instead of being comfortable about his sexuality, Shawn publicizes that he is terrified of being thought of as gay (waking up from nightmares, etc.).

He is obviously insecure about his masculinity. 

Archived