đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shawn Mendes on being called gay

Borislshere

Featured Posts

Cody James
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

OK. oK. Can we stop talking about him now?

It is obvious now he is not ally and just another guy with fragile masculinity :diane:

Let’s not forget he is still young. Since he first came to fame he has always said he is not gay, but it shouldn’t matter if he was... it is not like he is cursing people out saying he is not a ***. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody James
1 minute ago, Mister Money said:

I honestly think hes str8 why cant people actually believe that

No idea. At this point, I’d rather him be straight with some “feminine” tendencies. It shows men embracing that there is no masc or fem way to conform to as long as you do what comes to you naturally. Kinda like straight men wearing tights now, makes something that’d get guys like me jumped a few years ago, but now its not that big of a deal(least in the USA).

Mister Money
6 minutes ago, Cody James said:

Yeah this is kinda gross. Money doesn’t change feelings or fear of abandonment of the people he may rely on emotionally. Do we even know if he parents are gay friendly? No. We have to Come to Mama on this one and realize $<Love.

True. Honestly if this bothers him it must be pretty bad. I dont know if its just online posts he reads or meet n greets or where this comes from but if he has to announce it, it must be badly affecting him. It makes me feel bad because from all Ive seen on interviews and bts he looks like such a sweetheart. My best friend thinks so and she has a very good judge of character.

Cody James
2 minutes ago, Mister Money said:

True. Honestly if this bothers him it must be pretty bad. I dont know if its just online posts he reads or meet n greets or where this comes from but if he has to announce it, it must be badly affecting him. It makes me feel bad because from all Ive seen on interviews and bts he looks like such a sweetheart. My best friend thinks so and she has a very good judge of character.

Agree. He is a kind young man. Meanwhile Bieber drinks and drives, treats fans like dirt, and is a literal try hard, yet gets away with it. Here we are with someone with something serious that impacts his life, but isn’t rebelling and pretty much pleading for people to stop pressuring him to prove something. In high school I was like that. Grew up in the country where the only gay guy was flamboyant(fine by me), but I was terrified I would be put in a box that isn’t me, so I hid it and did what I could to hide it for my own physical and emotional safety. We don't know HIM. 

I'm honestly feeling really bad for him. And remember you all he is living in public eye, can you imagine the struggles he's going through? Imagine how would you feel about this situation if you were famous. You don't wanna your love ones to know about this (especially if they are conservative and narrow minded!) and you have to keep it in secret even though you're unconciously showing signs of being gay IN PUBLIC EYE. Even though in some of your minds sexuality doesn't seem to be big deal (based on comments that are basically making fun of him), it's big deal and it is personal thing. Always remember that. And leave him be. I believe he'll come out eventually when he's ready. 

Cody James
Just now, Korkira said:

I'm honestly feeling really bad for him. And remember you all he is living in public eye, can you imagine the struggles he's going through? Imagine how would you feel about this situation if you were famous. You don't wanna your love ones to know about this (especially if they are conservative and narrow minded!) and you have to keep it in secret even though you're unconciously showing signs of being gay IN PUBLIC EYE. Even though in some of your minds sexuality doesn't seem to be big deal (based on comments that are basically making fun of him), it's big deal and it is personal thing. Always remember that. And leave him be. I believe he'll come out eventually when he's ready. 

Thank you! I mean for the love of God why are so many of us ganging up on him. Let the young man be straight despite how soft his voice is, how he uses the hands he has the way he feels natural, and be authentic. If he is gay or bi he will come out when ready and maybe when timing is better for his career. For all we know his label could be intervening. 

Mister Money
10 hours ago, MJHolland said:

like... i get trying to be sensitive and the speculation is rude...

but what straight person is this upset about people assuming their sexuality?

like, if you thought I was straight (I am not), I wouldn't be offended or even think about it.

and no straight person keeps their sexuality in the closest a la his relationship with Hailey Baldwin.

I'll leave it alone moving forward, but there is obviously something there. 

well if I joke to my best friend that she is a lesbian (shes not) it bothers her so i guess it does bother people.

and shes not homophobic

To anwser the question in bold. Actually alot and I know alot who have been bullied who were str8. U dont get to decide how someone feels.

Cody James
1 minute ago, Mister Money said:

well if I joke to my best friend that she is a lesbian (shes not) it bothers her so i guess it does bother people.

and shes not homophobic

Plus being labeled a majority is easier to accept than a minority...

Exactly! He has every right to portrait himself like this. At the end of the day we are all human beings and behave how we want at the specific moment. I feel compassionate about this situation and you should all also feel the same. 

Oriane

This is one of the only straight guys who was actually comfortable having some feminity, not wanting to show pure masculinity, and look what all of this has done to him. He starts worrying about crossing his legs, the way he talks or behaves, just because these rumors won't go. Having the whole world constantly saying something you're not is exhausting, whatever it is.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Head Empty
5 hours ago, MJHolland said:

so instead of Shawn doing some soul-searching and coming to the conclusion that masculinity expectations are toxic and outdated, and realizing that what strangers think about him doesn't matter, he does an interview and demands that WE ALL stop talking about his sexuality instead of him growing up. 

Maybe both sides have growing up to do. Yes, Shawn has to figure stuff out (like any twenty year old), but the people talking and joking about his sexuality need to show some maturity and willingness to be compassionate towards someone who's saying he's having a hard time. It's not like he's asking them to give him their kidneys.

People are placing blame on him for being insecure in order to warrant making more jokes.

witchcocktor
1 hour ago, Mister Money said:

ewww im disgusted

Ewwwww I don't give a damn. 

Funny how we drag absolutely everyone and everyone about everything, especially male celebs, out gay male celebs like Troye and Sam, but now that this little straight guy feels attacked by comments saying he is gay, ya'll run to defend him. I've seen so much, SO MUCH ugly things being said about Sam Smith, in this forum and elsewhere, but nobody gives a flying ****.

But as long as it's a straight sexy white boy, no sir, you can't make a joke at his expense. And here I thought this forum, any pop culture forum loved calling out straight white boys on being privileged. 

Or could it be that you people still don't think he is straight, and you only run to defend him because he MIGHT still be gay? Wow, what troopers.

Archived