question

Britney Spears' impact

mzncb

Featured Posts

Mirrion Rizzons
1 hour ago, Aglaya said:

Don't you have to sing to be a singer:messga: 

michael jackson lip synced too sometimes, beyonce too

britney's baby voice is horrid technique so her voice is now damaged but she has proved she can sing

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
smokeandhush
3 hours ago, Ronk said:

Gaga's words at 1:20 into this are true:

I forgot about this and just realized how cringy this is. Gaga stealing Britney’s big moment with her drag king act. She probably didn’t mean to but still. They should’ve had someone else give her the award, not someone who was putting on a performance the whole night. 

21 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

michael jackson lip synced too sometimes, beyonce too

britney's baby voice is horrid technique so her voice is now damaged but she has proved she can sing

sis I'm talking about.. everytime. But it's fine, I just think Britney nowadays is really overrated

could mean anything

I forgot about this and just realized how cringy this is. Gaga stealing Britney’s big moment with her drag king act. She probably didn’t mean to but still. They should’ve had someone else give her the award, not someone who was putting on a performance the whole night. 

I understand, but I think there was great value in having Gaga present the award.  The importance was in Gaga's words;  she said Britney was one of her biggest inspirations, is a legend, the pop music industry would not be the same without her, and Britney's videos and shows are iconic.  Such praise coming from Gaga is everything.  I think Britney was happy to play along with the cute act Gaga was doing as Joe.

I live outside the space time continuum.

SharkmanthaC

I am a few months older than Gaga herself, and to ignore Beitney’s Impact on pop culture growing up you’d have to be blind. While there were other female artists, Britney really broke through at a time when boy bands were huge (think Backstreet Boys and N’Sync). I think she really started to pave the way for Christina Aguilera, etc. She also seemed to make her videos more with dancing than some artists before her (although not all). While I don’t ignore her impact, and listened to her growing up, I can’t say I’d go to her show now. I know some people my age that have gone and enjoyed it though. Obviously there is some interest or she wouldn’t have a contract continued for her residency. (So I’d say not everyone is oblivious to her impact.)

she/her/hers

The thing is people say she led to the 'commercalization' of music to the point where it's at now, preventing acts with 'something to say' to have success.

So Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, P!nk, Christina Aguilera and Adele could not rectify this?????  Haven't they (excluding Christina Aguilera) been the dominant female solo acts for years???

You can't have it both ways.  Either admit Britney is clearly the most impactful female music act of the last 20 years or don't ever attribute her to the 'decline of the music industry' when Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Pink and Adele should have rectified this already.

Guillaume Hamon
19 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

(Obvi beyonce has more crazy and extreme dances)

I actually think Britney's biggest choreos ( not recently but at her dancer peak) were harder than Beyoncé's biggest dance routines ever.

Regina George
23 hours ago, Aglaya said:

The difference is that Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Christina, P!nk, Rihanna, Adele, Taylor Swift and even Katy Perry at least try to sing live and make a powerful performance. Britney feels fake, like a robot, and she doesn't even try to sing since 1900. 

Btw I don't agree with Britney Spears being the worst thing to happen to music. She's simply a weird act, but not the worst.

Powerful performance? NONE of those performers you mention can COME CLOSE to Britney’s Slave VMAs performance, Oops VMAs performance and Like A Virgin one. I literally don’t know what you are talking about. Britney was ICONIC until her breakdown in 2007 and even after that she managed to come back. It’s clear to me that you are probably young and don’t know anything about britney but to say she was “robotic” all the time? That is one untrue statement. She was better dancer than all of the industry then and now. 

Reject False Icons
19 hours ago, smokeandhush said:

The Real Cringy moment was that even on Britney´s Vanguard Award Speech she had to praise Beyoncé in the same sentence.

It was Britney's Moment for God sake. :fthis: Can anybody respect that?

That was truly humilliating to the legacy of an artist of that level, I truly believe MTV did that on purpose and they ended up losing, because No Gaga, No Britney = No VMA'S :bye:

It’s sad to hear but she’s not gonna be big her whole life. In 20 years when there’s a new generation, not a whole lot of kids are gonna know what she even looks like I mean, do you even know what Paula Abdul looks like?

Regina George
1 hour ago, DCgaga said:

It’s sad to hear but she’s not gonna be big her whole life. In 20 years when there’s a new generation, not a whole lot of kids are gonna know what she even looks like I mean, do you even know what Paula Abdul looks like?

Comparing Britney Spears to Paula Abdul is just a reach. Even younger generations now know Oops, Baby and Toxic and they were released like 20- years ago. Give it up and stay bitter. 

Gimme More
3 hours ago, PequenoMonstruo said:

The Real Cringy moment was that even on Britney´s Vanguard Award Speech she had to praise Beyoncé in the same sentence.

It was Britney's Moment for God sake. :fthis: Can anybody respect that?

That was truly humilliating to the legacy of an artist of that level, I truly believe MTV did that on purpose and they ended up losing, because No Gaga, No Britney = No VMA'S :bye:

it was absolutely disgusting how MTV did that! i'll never forgive them for that, it was such a low blow.

they turned britney's moment all about Beyawnce.

i agree no one cares about the VMA's if there is not Britney or Gaga.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

IAmNotHere1997

You can't deny her impact...

...Baby One More Time, In the Zone and Blackout all influenced in a way or another the music nowadays, and cemented Spears as a pop music legend. No matter how bad she flops or how horrible she performs, she will always be the sweet girl in America's heart.

2 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Comparing Britney Spears to Paula Abdul is just a reach. Even younger generations now know Oops, Baby and Toxic and they were released like 20- years ago. Give it up and stay bitter. 

No I’m not comparing her, I’m just saying. There will be a time 10-20 years from now where most of the generation isn’t even gonna know who Britney is, and she’s basically the modern day Paula Abdul, but do we ever hear from her? Once again, not comparing, just using her as an example 😂

Gypsy Life

Britney Spears IS the worst thing to happen to music in the last quarter-century (I'd say ever but let's go with quarter century) and that doesn't mean she has any impact, because she has none.

Now you know.

Archived