💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

MusiCare Person of the Year (2019) is...

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours

dolly-extras-735x413.jpg

It was formally announced that Dolly Parton is the MusiCare Person of the Year (2019) in conjunction with the Grammy's.

It is reported that Parton is being honored with the award due to "her incredible creative achievements and contributions to the music world as well as her long-term support of many charitable organizations and causes."

As part of this, Parton will be honored with a musical tribute at the event which will include the following artists (more may be announced later): Shawn Mendes, Pink, Norah Jones, Mark Ronson, Leon Bridges, Chris Stapleton, and Lauren Daigle.

The ceremony will occur on Feb 8, 2019 and proceeds will go to MusiCares' various charitable organizations.

Here is Ronson's tweet confirming his participation:

What do you all think about her getting the award?

Are you excited to see the tribute?

It's your biggest day honey, so happy for you and of course for Dolly

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

rumours
12 minutes ago, River said:

It's your biggest day honey, so happy for you and of course for Dolly

My biggest day as a fan will come when she is nominated for an Oscar ("Girl in the Movies") and wins. There's currently Oscar buzz for the song, so I have my fingers crossed.

Plus, she's had songs nominated twice previously for Oscars but won neither time. The fact that "Travelin' Thru" lost to "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" in 2007 is still so aggravating. Then again, it was reported some Oscar voters refused to vote for the song since it was written for a LGBT film in 2006.

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, Rumours1977 said:

My biggest day as a fan will come when she is nominated for an Oscar ("Girl in the Movies") and wins. There's currently Oscar buzz for the song, so I have my fingers crossed.

Plus, she's had songs nominated twice previously for Oscars but won neither time. The fact that "Travelin' Thru" lost to "It's Hard Out There for a Pimp" in 2007 is still so aggravating. Then again, it was reported some Oscar voters refused to vote for the song since it was written for a LGBT film in 2006.

OMG, I love this song, I didn't know it was her! I'm such a mess. :icega: I haven't heard this song in like 8 years.

rumours
2 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

OMG, I love this song, I didn't know it was her! I'm such a mess. :icega: I haven't heard this song in like 8 years.

Yeah, and it was one of the front-runners at the 2007 Oscars. While I love the song as well, I didn't like seeing her get so many death threats for writing it.

However, it didn't stop her from continuing to show support for the LGBTQ community:

rumours
12 minutes ago, Lee Ng said:

Inb4 Miley comes and sings 10 songs of Dolly...jk

Honestly, I'm surprised Miley isn't performing a song.

The fact the she isn't performing but Shawn Mendes is seems slightly strange

31 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Plus, she's had songs nominated twice previously for Oscars but won neither time. The fact that "Travelin' Thru" lost to "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" in 2007 is still so aggravating. Then again, it was reported some Oscar voters refused to vote for the song since it was written for a LGBT film in 2006.

I'm crossing fingers for you!! even though Gaga may compete against her, but both deserves an Oscar!

omg I didn't know that about the song, what a shame :(

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Suspiria
45 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Yeah, and it was one of the front-runners at the 2007 Oscars. While I love the song as well, I didn't like seeing her get so many death threats for writing it.

However, it didn't stop her from continuing to show support for the LGBTQ community:

Literally every single thing I see or hear about Dolly makes me love her even more. She's honestly such a beautiful person:diane:

Chuckles
32 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

Honestly, I'm surprised Miley isn't performing a song.

The fact the she isn't performing but Shawn Mendes is seems slightly strange

But she's close to Mark lately... is she making a surprise appearance?

rumours
16 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

But she's close to Mark lately... is she making a surprise appearance?

That is true. :vegas:

Spartacus
49 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

ok but why isn't miley performing 

Oh she'll be there trust.  Gotta new song to promote.

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Archived