• Last Reply
IAmNotHere1997
1 minute ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

here's a clue for the next song: it contains two words. :selena:

BYE BLACK CAT!!!!!!!111

Phoebe Buffay

@corvus albus' commentary :hor::

1. Rhythm Nation

I don't know why but i just don't like the song that much. Maybe it's these long sequences were nothing is happening 
2. State of the World

Good song with strong lyrics but underwhelming music.
3. The Knowledge

The music is kinda like Rhythm Nation but it is infinitely better. The lyrics are excellent (maybe i'm biased because i'm a teacher )
4. Miss You Much

This would've fitted better on Control (lyrically) and it's kinda mediocre when you put it next to the other songs on the album. It feels kinda disjointed considering the album is about Social Justice. Coming from such a fantastic song like The Knowledge to this songs feels awkward but also considering the following songs it makes the smoothest possible transition.
5. Love Will Never Do (Without You)

Genuine charm and  relatable lyrics make good songs 
6. Livin' in a World (They Didn't Make)

Kids are the most cruel and vile creatures among humans which is why we educate them on how to live as a responsible human being. This whole: kids should rule the world because they're so innocent" is the stupidest stuff i've ever heard. You didn't even have kids back then so where do you take your wisdom my dear? (I'm against the song on a conceptual level, the execution is fine enough i guess)
7. Alright

True friendship 
8. Escapade

Uhhhhhhhhhh I like it 
9. Black Cat

Janet should've been a ROCKSTAR! This song is so much better than a lot of her other more fondly remembered songs.
10. Lonely

Stop giving me the feels Ms. Jackson 
11. Come Back to Me

Stop making me tear up! This is such an emotional trainwreck of a song and it kills every time
12. Someday is Tonight

Let’s Wait Awhile Part ll and still nearly as great. Such a great song!

Final Verdict:

This album is ****ing fantastic eventhough the second half is considerably better than the first. After a kinda weak start, the album kicks into gears falls flat on it's face in the middle and still manages to feel complete and perfect at the end  ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE!

Archived