Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did JT come back so strong with 20/20?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

Mirrion Rizzons
14 hours ago, River said:

He was still on SNL and was like sturday's sweetheart and he did a surprise comeback so the gp supported him + S&T was another straight male anthem so it was successful..

on another note, did you see the recent pic that floated online of his Timber?:laughga:

omg no I will investigate now

TimisaMonster

Well the music was actually fresh, well produced, and radio friendly!

People last remembered him for Future Sex/Love Sounds and people and his fans were hyped!

Also from what I recall he did a decent promo campaign and was performing on tv, award shows, and radio was playing him like crazy so it helped sales

Plus...back then people bought more albums for all their faves

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

LateToCult

He didn’t disappear from the public eye the entire time, he was doing prominent acting gigs for movies people at least heard of, and the music was good.

StrawberryBlond

Above all else, it was a case of the public just having better attention spans at the time. Xtina took a similar length of break between 2002 and 2006 with her album and she also came back strong. The further you go back in time, you'll notice that long breaks didn't hurt an artist that much. But music has such an instant gratification element surrounding it now. Streaming has made music more accessible, artists are putting out random songs between albums (usually collabs) to keep their name out there, rappers are dropping mixtapes between every album, there are so many more artists to choose from now other than the ones the media spoonfed us. I was a teenager back when JT was big and I can assure you that we only listened to artists who we knew existed because the media told us they did. There wasn't many options for tracking down indie artists unless you were some kinda music nerd or at the very least, an adult who had connections to the right outlets. But the youngest ones just relied on magazines and music channels to tell us which artists were around and who was cool. But now with so many options out there to find artists that you like with no media influencing you, it's made the charts change so much. We no longer have to listen to what the media tells us and because the choice of artists is now so wide, it's easier to forget about the older names. Honestly, by this point, JT seems so old to me and I'm only 28. Goodness knows how old he appears to teenagers today.

Cloudbusting
19 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

LMAO that album is amazing and you saying it’s bad is just not realistic. :triggered: 

I dont knoww I just never liked it! his other two albums are classic tho! sorry if you love it 

Bradley

He's one of the very few male performers who could perform live and deliver great pop songs. He's always been huge, he's the Beyonce of N-SYNC, his albums did great, it's expected his 7-year hiatus would make the public miss his musical endeavours just like how the anticipation was so huge for Born This Way.

And he wasn't forgotten, and was definitely not a one-hit wonder, so not releasing new music didn't make the public forget him, it only created more anticipation for the next one.

Archived