💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did JT come back so strong with 20/20?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

Mirrion Rizzons

I mean he's a massive icon but 20/20 did surprisingly well (debuted with 968,000 copies on the h100) considering FutureSex/LoveSounds came out 7 years before:messga:

I mean he did have some collabs between the two album cycles but how did he come back so strong after his acting phase? If gaga waited 7 years to release an album that's like her releasing born this way in 2011 then waiting til 2018 to release ARTPOP:messga::messga::messga:

is it because he's such an icon that everyone was excited for his comeback? Is it because he was still young? (he was 32 at the time, considering ageism doesn't affect men nearly as much as women in the industry) I need answers:saladga:

I mean I'm a lowkey Stan so I understand why people like him but I'm surprised no one forgot about him like they did xtina:oops:

CyanLights

I think it was because JT ended on a high note with FutureSex/LoveSounds and it was a hyped return that went smoothly. The music was also really good. 

rumours

He did have 6 Top 10 songs from 2007-2013 (if you exclude the singles from his album), which is a fair amount. 

It’s also worth noting that The Social Network, Bad Teacher, Friends with Benefits, and In Time were all movies released between his two album cycles. 

All of that on top of the hype around new music (imo) led to a successful era with 20/20. 

Mirrion Rizzons
13 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

He did have 6 Top 10 songs from 2007-2013 (if you exclude the singles from his album), which is a fair amount. 

It’s also worth noting that The Social Network, Bad Teacher, Friends with Benefits, and In Time were all movies released between his two album cycles. 

All of that on top of the hype around new music (imo) led to a successful era with 20/20. 

friends with benefits is THAT movie, you know why:huntyga::trollga:

rumours
6 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

friends with benefits is THAT movie, you know why:huntyga::trollga:

Is it because of the Timberbutt?

zakariah

everything from that era was amazingly executed, & the music was excellent (at least for Part 1, imo :poot:) plus, it didn't hurt that suit & tie featured another huge artist that was making a solo comeback, jay-z. and MTV gave him the video vanguard award & he brought NSYNC back for that too.

Spoiler

I honestly think that the fact that he released a part 2 of the 20/20 experience hurt his grammys chances, that's why he didn't get nominated for AOTY

KatieJudasGaga4
26 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

He also had a #1 on the Top Comedy Songs charts with Gaga....the impact :firega:

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
46 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

I mean he's a massive icon but 20/20 did surprisingly well (debuted with 968,000 copies on the h100) considering FutureSex/LoveSounds came out 7 years before:messga:

I mean he did have some collabs between the two album cycles but how did he come back so strong after his acting phase? If gaga waited 7 years to release an album that's like her releasing born this way in 2011 then waiting til 2018 to release ARTPOP:messga::messga::messga:

is it because he's such an icon that everyone was excited for his comeback? Is it because he was still young? (he was 32 at the time, considering ageism doesn't affect men nearly as much as women in the industry) I need answers:saladga:

I mean I'm a lowkey Stan so I understand why people like him but I'm surprised no one forgot about him like they did xtina:oops:

I would have killed myself if i had to wait 7 years for artflop

2 hours ago, CyanLights said:

I think it was because JT ended on a high note with FutureSex/LoveSounds and it was a hyped return that went smoothly. The music was also really good. 

The correct answer. 

Regina George
1 hour ago, fabskt said:

That album is so badddd but mirrors and suit and tie are good! I never saw the hype

LMAO that album is amazing and you saying it’s bad is just not realistic. :triggered: 

He was still on SNL and was like sturday's sweetheart and he did a surprise comeback so the gp supported him + S&T was another straight male anthem so it was successful..

on another note, did you see the recent pic that floated online of his Timber?:laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Hmm he was on SNL and the hype for the album was REAL

plus the music was way better than motw, not saying this album it's bad but 20/20 is justin's magnum opus imo

... and now i just sit in silence.

Archived