series

'American Horror Story : 1984' Discussion Thread

monketsharona

Featured Posts

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sillynate

All the Ramirez build up this season just for a plot hole to AHS5. Keep it :neyde: 

other than that, this was an amazing season :party:

omggg honestly, loved the ending. The finale was so crazy, so intense but also emotional and rather resolving and ending w the family was so good and wow! amazing season

ALGAYDO

If Richard Ramirez escaped prison and is current being tortured by the ghosts of Camp Redwood in 2019, how is it that he’s also a ghost that visits the Hotel Cortez in 2015? I swear these writers are so lazy, they probably didn’t even give it a second thought and assumed the viewers were stupid enough to not notice such a big plot hole lmao 

Bradley
42 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

If Richard Ramirez escaped prison and is current being tortured by the ghosts of Camp Redwood in 2019, how is it that he’s also a ghost that visits the Hotel Cortez in 2015? I swear these writers are so lazy, they probably didn’t even give it a second thought and assumed the viewers were stupid enough to not notice such a big plot hole lmao 

First of all, even though technically this is a shared universe, it's still an anthology. Each season has its own setting and characters, the occasional cameos of old characters are just an icing on top of the cake.

Secondly, if Ryan was 99% close to having an idea for 1984, it'd be pretty unreasonable to ditch one whole fully-developed character just because he appeared in one single episode of Hotel.

51 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Maybe Mallory undoing the apocalypse changed that :poot: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

ALGAYDO
38 minutes ago, Bradley said:

First of all, even though technically this is a shared universe, it's still an anthology. Each season has its own setting and characters, the occasional cameos of old characters are just an icing on top of the cake.

Secondly, if Ryan was 99% close to having an idea for 1984, it'd be pretty unreasonable to ditch one whole fully-developed character just because he appeared in one single episode of Hotel.

That just seems like kinda lazy writing imo

28 minutes ago, Red said:

Maybe Mallory undoing the apocalypse changed that :poot: 

I’d like to believe that instead of thinking it was lazy writing lol 

4 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

I’d like to believe that instead of thinking it was lazy writing lol 

Retcons are always lazy writting

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Morphine Prince

"The 80's will never die"

That actually got me emotional lmao. 

It was a great season!

I love this season but the ending was kinda meh to me. It feels a rushed, but the rest of the season was amazing 

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Luke78619
On 11/14/2019 at 5:19 AM, sillynate said:

All the Ramirez build up this season just for a plot hole to AHS5. Keep it :neyde: 

other than that, this was an amazing season :party:

20 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Well now there’s two plot holes that include Hotel, seeing as Queenie doesn’t die in apocalypse but in the Hotel season she dies AND the apocalypse never happens, so Hotel can’t take place in the timelines we’ve seen in the other seasons (if that makes sense)

hopefully ryan is able to address these plot holes in a future season and make them work

OT: loved this season, dare I say maybe even top three, the cast were so interesting to me and I was glad they decided to use a bunch of fresh faces 

Margaret’s death tho :wtfga:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

sillynate
4 hours ago, monster78619 said:

Well now there’s two plot holes that include Hotel, seeing as Queenie doesn’t die in apocalypse but in the Hotel season she dies AND the apocalypse never happens, so Hotel can’t take place in the timelines we’ve seen in the other seasons (if that makes sense)

hopefully ryan is able to address these plot holes in a future season and make them work

Mallory went back in time and prevented the apocalypse and stopped Queenie from going to the hotel

highlikegaga

the ramirez plot hole is bugging me as well. out of all the actual people they could've chosen to be in 1984, they choose him. and didn't think a sec that he was already in Hotel.

even a quick scene with him escaping and going to the Hotel and then someone bringing him back would've been enough. but then again, who could've brought him back? 

i feel like they SACRIFICED all logic by giving the season a happy ending. since him escaping and killing jingles' son would've made more sense. hell, have jingles' son come to camp redwood in 2015, ramirez kills him and escapes and the family is reunited forever and ever. gosh, i gave myself a headache thinking about it all :saladga:

Archived