💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Weezer’s Pinkerton & Lady Gaga’s ARTPOP have a lot in common

DaftFameMonster

Featured Posts

DaftFameMonster

Not sure if AP, but here's a really interesting article I found this today which compares the (potentially unfounded) lackluster reception of Weezer's Pinkerton and our very own ARTPOP.

"When Pinkerton was released in 1996, it was received with hatred from fans, critics, and even frontman Rivers Cuomo himself, who called the album “hideous.” But over the years it gained a cult following, which then snowballed into critical praise. I was thrilled by the possibility of an entire society wrongly judging an album upon its release, so I kept my eyes peeled for the next Pinkerton. Critics have been wrong before, and they would be wrong again. Then Lady Gaga arrived." 

"For ARTPOP to truly be the Pinkerton of Lady Gaga’s career, it has to have its public redemption, and we may already be in the middle of it. On gay Twitter there is bubbling support on the side seeking #JusticeForARTPOP." :sis:

"In Gaga’s performance at the Super Bowl, ARTPOP was the only album not represented in the medley. :madge:On her most recent Joanne tour, the only ARTPOP song to make it onto the setlist was “Applause.” :madge:It took Rivers Cuomo years to recognize that Pinkerton was potentially his best work and to value his hyper-sincerity. Hopefully Gaga will soon find the beauty in her own experimentation and these off-the-wall pop records will be able to — to quote “Applause” — crash the critics asking, “Is it right or is it wrong?” :queenga:

I always thought that this album would become the cult classic over time, looks like we're heading in that direction. :vegas: Have a further read in detail for yourself, I think it's rather well done. 

Spoiler

LEMME HEAR YOU YAASSS ARTPOP STANS :pray:

https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/weezer-and-lady-gaga-have-something-in-common.html

AStarIsBorn21

How can ARTPOP be Gaga’s best work if she’s already topped it multiple times. :triggered: But whatever, maybe she’ll become so inspired we’ll get ACT 2. 

ChromaticPrincess
53 minutes ago, Antonoff said:

yeah bu even gaga knows her best album is the fame monster so :oops:

FixedT

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

I think the public will have to warm up to BTW as an album first and that's starting to happen. I will say, I've noticed a lot more AP rotations at the clubs the past few months and in drag shows. Not just the singles, but MANiCURE, Donatella, etc. So at least among the club gays it's getting it's turn (as it should).

RAMROD

I am surprised someone in this cult site also know who WEEZER is :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

9 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I am surprised someone in this cult site also know who WEEZER is :applause:

Saw them perform back in September ;)

Archived