💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"Before I Cry" should get more appreciation!

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss
15 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I love the song, but every time I hear "Right now I wished that you would try" I get a little annoyed cause the lyrics definitely should have been dead.. 

Me too. I always think "dead". 

Glamourpuss

These are the reasons I don't like it. Written while listening to the song.

"Right now I wish that you were dead"... Every time that's what I expect the lyrics to be. 

The first verse is ok and has a decent build up to the chorus that feels sort of ethereal and tricks you into thinking it's going to be a lighter ballad with delicate vocals. Then the chorus starts and her voice is a bit too forced for my liking. The lyrics of the chorus when it reaches this bit makes me cringe...

"Promise me, baby, you know I can't fake it
Why don't you hold me?
Tell me you love me"

To me it just feels like overkill. Like, ok we get it he's made you cry, stop acting like a child having a tantrum. 

"Hurry up, hurry up before I lose you"... The vocals are a bit lighter but then the chorus kicks in again and the vocals are a bit too forced and then those lyrics again "why don't you hold me, tell me you love me" sets me on edge again. 

Then the "I'm 'bout to lose it is that so confusing" there's something about this part that makes me feel like I've heard it before because it reminds me of the type of basic bridge you would have got on an Avril Lavigne album or something. I can't pinpoint what it reminds me of exactly but it doesn't feel like Lady Gaga quality to me and then the "tell me, tell me, tell me!" Ugh. 

Then the chorus starts again and I feel like I'm sick of her excessive whining. There's vulnerability and then there's playing the victim and people who are overly dramatic and very "woe is me" are so annoying.

The outro redeems the song and I feel like maybe the song wasn't that bad after all. UntiI I hear it again. 

PerfectGUY
16 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I can't believe the things you said
Right now I wish that you were dead

Every time my mind anticipates this to be the lyrics and I'm always disappointed :messga:

PerfectGUY
26 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Then the "I'm 'bout to lose it is that so confusing" there's something about this part that makes me feel like I've heard it before 

actually it sounds like a cheap version of Marry The Night's bridge

monsterhamh

i didn't like it as much at first, but it's grown on me. there's also this part in the prechorus i think that's been mentioned before with just how she sings it:

Hurry up, hurry up
Before I lose you
Hurry up, hurry up
Before you lose me too
Hurry up, hurry up
Before I change my mind

19 hours ago, ModernEcstasy said:

You guys throw “generic” around so much these days that it has lost all meaning. 

Before I cry is better than most music in the charts right now! 

Well, I can agree with that, definitely! xo

I don’t throw “generic” around often, trust me. There’s just something I dislike about the song. It’s just quite an overly simple, basic song. I don’t know. I guess it just pales in comparison to all the other songs on the soudntrack, all of which I bloody love! Any love for the best track on the album, Is That Alright? 😉

TopazBlue
On 11/16/2018 at 8:47 AM, Rio said:

Well, I can agree with that, definitely! xo

I don’t throw “generic” around often, trust me. There’s just something I dislike about the song. It’s just quite an overly simple, basic song. I don’t know. I guess it just pales in comparison to all the other songs on the soundtrack, all of which I bloody love! Any love for the best track on the album, Is That Alright? 😉

Would you say it's... shallow? :green:

🌈 Born this way, baby! 🌈 | JWT 💙 Aug 21 ⚡ ENIGMA 💙 Oct 19

It's not a bad song, but something about it is just so... monochromatic. I mean, it makes sense in the context of Ally's narrative as a pop starlet, but the other songs (LWIF, Heal Me, WDYDT) have a bigger "oomph" factor. This one just sounds like a 2005 pop ballad reject, but without the fun and irony that the other songs have. Not a bad song- just the lowest point on a great album.

She sounds incredible, I'll give her that.

3 points in and ready for more

TheSlash
On 11/16/2018 at 12:59 AM, mattbri said:

It's my least favourite ballad, sorry :oops: ... I find it Eurovisionish.  

YAAAASSSSSS, let's snatch all of Europe's wigs :firega: .

Spoiler

By contending for Germany :lana:  :hor: 

OT: I don't know anything bad about the song. It's literally after SPOILER SPOILER RED BLINKING LIGHT SPOILER SPOILER Jackson calls her ugly END SPOILER BUT SPOILER IF YOU SCROLL FROM BUTTON TO TOP :awkney: and that's her immediate reaction to it. Don't tell me that you wouldn't write such a song when you were hurt with the thing you're most worried about yourself :trollga: 

Ew, David!

Poissonche

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'M SO HAPPY TO NOT BE THE ONLY ONE WHO ALWAYS THINKS SHE'S GOING TO SAY "RIGHT NOW I WISH THAT YOU WERE DEAD" oooh keeping this as a secret for so long was heavy my dears

On 11/19/2018 at 3:23 AM, TopazBlue said:

Would you say it's... shallow? :green:

Definitely not - sorry for the late reply

Archived