💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

“Roma” will win the Oscars, ASIB only best original song

Kimmo

Featured Posts

56 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

In my city (and I am not even living in the US) they showed Shape of Water and Moonlight in almost every cinema:chica: I get what you are basically saying. But in my eyes it’s a difficult case with Roma cause you really don’t find it a lot. For example here in my city they don’t even show it at the art cinemas 

That’s because Roma wasn’t intended to hit theaters at all, people come on, but after the Oscars buzz it received after a few screenings they decided to have a LIMITED release, which means A FEW THEATERS. They just need to meet the Oscars standards at this point, Netflix just wants to get this movie to the Oscars. It doesn’t have to sale tickets, it can be a box office flop, 5 people can watch it in theaters and it can still be nominated 

Spotlight had such a small theatrical release and it won Best Picture. 

Hottie Detector

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Bradley said:

*people have different opinions, learn to respect opinions different than yours*

*however, my opinion is a fact and cannot be contested.*

:ladyhaha:

This! Thank you, at least someone understands common courtesy here.

Oscars is never about which film is the best...
plus a lot of members in Academy are not fond of that Roma got it's release first on Netflix

maybe Roma will win a lot,
maybe Academy will prefer ASIB
or maybe they will give all the awards to mary poppins returns  but it's not somethings predictable
we should just enjoy the film and stop the comparison because it's still too early to tell(and kinda useless imo, none of us know anything about how the voting will go:emma:)

21 hours ago, mikeyxgaga said:

..... If you don’t want me to say someone’s opinion is wrong, then you can’t think your opinion is a fact, because it isn’t a fact. It’s another opinion sweetie.

go watch the films. and come back here. i ain’t a biased monster, it’s cool, proud of my girl, and I hope she wins. but it doesn’t mean she SHOULD win. the others were better

1 hour ago, mikeyxgaga said:

This! Thank you, at least someone understands common courtesy here.

I shouldn’t have put “fact”, sorry. But I’ve seen all 3 films, you clearly have not. And Gaga is not the best actress of the 3. All I’m sayin’

SwissMonster
2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

That’s because Roma wasn’t intended to hit theaters at all, people come on, but after the Oscars buzz it received after a few screenings they decided to have a LIMITED release, which means A FEW THEATERS. They just need to meet the Oscars standards at this point, Netflix just wants to get this movie to the Oscars. It doesn’t have to sale tickets, it can be a box office flop, 5 people can watch it in theaters and it can still be nominated 

Spotlight had such a small theatrical release and it won Best Picture. 

I know that it can be nominated, and I am 100% sure it will. But I am just saying that The Academy is still not THAT into Netflix. So it would suprise me if it’s winning. I know it’s unfair but many of the members are old school movie people, a lot against Netflix...so

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

MelbHawker

Anyones game at this point. It's never about who the best is. 

Safe to say that 'Shallow' will be winning the Oscar for Original Song from now, though. 

:classy:

• 2 weeks later...
Bel Esprit

You realize that Roma winning a lot of Oscars doesn't mean ASIB will lose everything but original song, right? ASIB is still stronger in best actor, actress and sound editing, mixing as well as supporting actor. Roma has director and cinematography as its most likely "locked noms" but it's still so early. 

Archived