💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

“Roma” will win the Oscars, ASIB only best original song

Kimmo

Featured Posts

yukonderosa
21 hours ago, Rumours1977 said:

idk... I'm pretty sure that Slender Man movie released this year is going to snatch every Oscar in existence.

i watched that with my bf last weekend and there were 865950 plot holes it was horrid

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cssomeone

I believe the following will happen (bookmark me :gaysia:)
Best Actress: Gaga will certainly be nominated, but will NOT win this one! Why? There are various reasons: 
- The Academy has been long overdue with Glenn Close. She  will receive her sixth nomination without any victory. She is in a situation very similar to Julianne Moore in 2015: Her movie will probably only receive one nomination, Best Actress in a Leading Role, and academy members might give her a so-called "Career Oscar".
- Olivia Colman is a well-known British television actress who has been gaining high acclaim for her performance in "The Favourite". So, don't be surprised if she ends up winning.
- Voters will not vote for Gaga as Best Actress when they can give her an Oscar for Best Song. The tendency in the past few years is to spread the awards.
Best Picture: This will be a tight race. I can see ASIB, Roma, Green Book, The Favourite, The First Man, If Beale Street Could Talk, BLACKkKLANSMAN and even Black Panther being nominated. However, I don't believe Roma will take this one. The two main reasons are: the same logic used for Best Original Song. Why would they give it Best Picture, if they can give it Best Foreign Language award, and give Best Picture to another movie? And as someone has already pointed out, many people in Hollywood see Netflix as a threat (Spielberg saying that no Netflix movie should be nominated for the Oscars is enough proof). The question here is: Which road will voters take this year? Will they vote for the public and critically acclaimed ASIB? Will they surprise us all and give Black Panther the biggest award of the night? Or will an underdog take this one? Well, there's still a long road to the Oscars, with many movie releases and the inevitable backlashes. 

2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

The majors was Best Cinematography the other two were Production Design and make up. So yes Cinematography is huge for a foreign film. 

My poin is that The Academy is very unpredictable, I mean some people around here think that you need success to win an Oscar lmao 

just look at the past, “The Artists”, a silent film from 2011 won Best Picture... yeah people don’t remember because unknown movies tend to also win big, “Spotlight” from 2015 had some controversy because it won Best Picture and nobody even heard about it,unless you know or were into the Oscars races 

good point x

5 hours ago, Rio said:

you can’t say someone else’s opinion is wrong 😂 Gaga’s acting is not as good as Olivia Coleman or Glenn Close, this year. Fact. Watch the films.

..... If you don’t want me to say someone’s opinion is wrong, then you can’t think your opinion is a fact, because it isn’t a fact. It’s another opinion sweetie.

SwissMonster

Euhm. I don’t know where to begin. 

First, so that’s the guy who made that more then boring movie called „Gravity“? :neyde: Don’t get me wrong but honestly this movie was SO overrated (don’t know what The Academy was thinking)

Second. I knew „Roma“ would come up at some point BUT (and I know it’s unfair but that’s how life works) it’s a mexican movie. So it won’t be easy. Sure it will be nominated but actual winner, I don’t think so. I mean they barely show the movie in theaters, so... 

I don’t say this because I just want ASIB to win but I say this because I actually don’t really see it winning. There are other movies wich will be harder competitors for ASIB

Also, girl you think the movie has only Best Original Song for sure? That would be a scandal honestly. Follow Gold Derby a bit more.. you will be surprised of the success. 

I accept your opinion but I can’t share it :lana:#love

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

16 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

First, so that’s the guy who made that more then boring movie called „Gravity“? :neyde: Don’t get me wrong but honestly this movie was SO overrated (don’t know what The Academy was thinking)

Second. I knew „Roma“ would come up at some point BUT (and I know it’s unfair but that’s how life works) it’s a mexican movie. So it won’t be easy. Sure it will be nominated but actual winner, I don’t think so. I mean they barely show the movie in theaters, so... 

I don’t say this because I just want ASIB to win but I say this because I actually don’t really see it winning. There are other movies wich will be harder competitors for ASIB

Also, girl you think the movie has only Best Original Song for sure? That would be a scandal honestly. Follow Gold Derby a bit more.. you will be surprised of the success. 

You said it, if to you Gravity was a boring movie and it won Best Director then just imagine Roma, you just contradicted your point that there’s bigger competition for ASIB :ladyhaha:

Hottie Detector

Madam Margolyes
18 hours ago, Bradley said:

Golden Globe is a huge indicator so let's wait for that.

Over the past five years, every Oscar-winning category (acting or picture) is a Golden Globe winner.

Roma is ineligible for best picture at golden globes, but they got that best foreign language film win on lock

Bradley
7 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

The Academy has this trend of rewarding either huge commercially successful movies or less successful independent films, and recently the trend is the latter, evident from Moonlight, The Shape of Water, Spotlight winning.

It's unclear whether or not they would deviate from that trend right now but just because it's not screened widely in theatres does not mean it won't have a good chance winning.

Bradley
5 hours ago, Kimmo said:

You said it, if to you Gravity was a boring movie and it won Best Picture then just imagine Roma, you just contradicted your point that there’s bigger competition for ASIB :ladyhaha:

Actually Gravity is the most engrossing space film I've ever watched. I thought it was brilliantly executed. I don't get why people don't like it.

Bradley
1 hour ago, Madam Margolyes said:

Roma is ineligible for best picture at golden globes, but they got that best foreign language film win on lock

With that GG/Oscar correlation, I'm more concerned with the acting categories, it's usually a battle between the drama and the comedy winner. If you didn't win at the Globes, chances are you will not win the Oscar.

Which is why I would not expect much if Gaga loses the Globe, but if she wins it, she has a big chance to take the Oscar trophy, however the Academy might even give the Oscar to someone who did not even win the Globe for the first time, who knows?

Bradley
10 hours ago, mikeyxgaga said:

..... If you don’t want me to say someone’s opinion is wrong, then you can’t think your opinion is a fact, because it isn’t a fact. It’s another opinion sweetie.

*people have different opinions, learn to respect opinions different than yours*

*however, my opinion is a fact and cannot be contested.*

:ladyhaha:

SwissMonster
14 hours ago, Kimmo said:

You said it, if to you Gravity was a boring movie and it won Best Picture then just imagine Roma, you just contradicted your point that there’s bigger competition for ASIB :ladyhaha:

Gravity didn’t win best picture :awkney:

SwissMonster
8 hours ago, Bradley said:

The Academy has this trend of rewarding either huge commercially successful movies or less successful independent films, and recently the trend is the latter, evident from Moonlight, The Shape of Water, Spotlight winning.

It's unclear whether or not they would deviate from that trend right now but just because it's not screened widely in theatres does not mean it won't have a good chance winning.

In my city (and I am not even living in the US) they showed Shape of Water and Moonlight in almost every cinema:chica: I get what you are basically saying. But in my eyes it’s a difficult case with Roma cause you really don’t find it a lot. For example here in my city they don’t even show it at the art cinemas 

57 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Gravity didn’t win best picture :awkney:

I know I got confuse with Birdman by the same director. But it won Best Director 

Hottie Detector

Archived