đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Billboard: Why 'A Star Is Born' Isn't Wowing Overseas Audiences

Gam

Featured Posts

FRANZGA

so not doing as excellent as US in 2-3 countries equals not doing great overseas now???

BB where's the logic?

I agree it doesn't have that mass appeal of the other musicals tho..

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nattuggla

Tbh I have witnessed this in another German forum. There were a lot of people who didn't enjoy that movie that much than people from other countries and criticized the middle part about being too long. I have seen mostly mixed reviews from those members in that specific forum. 

The perception is different in Austria though. Here the movie/OST/Shallow is slaying and I mostly have seen praise from friends who watched it and who are not really Gaga fans. 

in germany they screen asib in english with german subtitles ... for people who are not perfectly fluent in english its quite tough to catch up ... 

3 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Then why is Shallow #1 in half Europe and flopping in the US SKSKSKS

2 minutes ago, Der Meister said:

So billboard tell me why shallow when n1 overseas and not in America? Hello?

I think everyone loves the soundtrack but not everyone likes the movie I guess, which is surprising to me :oprah:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

It is an American indie film with strong language and sensitive issues when all is stripped down.  You expecting blockbuster numbers in non English speaking territories?!

TheSlash
32 minutes ago, gam said:

German fans were not particularly excited ahead of the film's release

:excuseu:  :triggered: 

I know,

tenor.gif?itemid=11527305

but here are just as much ASIB lovers as in the US (relatively :awkney: ). Just bc we're cold and factual in public doesn't mean we can't love good movies and cry while watching. Well, not in the cinema ofc, bc that would be embarrassing

Spoiler

Literally every German when showing emotions (yes, even loud laughter :sharon: ) in public or when the one talking to you does it

tenor.gif?itemid=5120730

"I don't know ha"

Ew, David!

retroglamx

I can't blame them, you really have to know and enjoy a lot about american culture to find it interesting throughout.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Who cares? Isn't the movie supposed to attract a mainly English-speaking audience, even primarily American one? It's an American story so.. :triggered:

CannaeDrive

Many biased interpretation of partial facts in this article. I can see the Oscar smear campaign is in full swing :triggered:

Oh, and why is Billboard is picking up an article already published 2 days ago in the Hollywood reporter:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-a-star-is-born-isnt-wowing-audiences-overseas-1160295

Like I said...

Edit: It is still a worldwide blockbuster at + 320m$

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Sure, it’s flopping so hard overseas that it turned Shallow into a worldwide hit with the exception of their flop ass hot 100 chart. 

Archived