Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Bradley doesn’t think WDYDT is “superficial”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

FlopSlurper
1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

“I think she’s performing with all her heart.”

Cupcakke performs deepthroat with a passion, that doesn't mean the song is deep :poot: 

Reality

I think that it's both shallow, but also, relatively not shallow. I mean, WDYDT might be a bad example, but songs like Heal Me and Hair Body Face have (relatively) profound lyrics. They may not be the likes of "I'll Never Love Again" or whatever, but compared to a lot of other songs in today's world, they are pretty unique and well thought out. Compared to Ally's original music though, yes, they are shallow. 

I also think you guys are confusing "bad" with "shallow". Just because a song is bad doesn't mean it's shallow and just because a song is shallow doesn't mean that it's bad. While I respect Bradley's and Diane's interpretation, I agree with Gaga. The songs are relatively shallow. That doesn't mean they're bad though. I mean, look at Just Dance. It's a great song but if you're going to tell me it has some prophetic, high end meaning, then you're bullshitting yourself. 

🃏🖤👹

GhettoFabulous
1 hour ago, A Hybrid said:

It’s intentionally bad but they don’t want to hurt gay streams, move on :koons:

*crickets* 

OT:  We been knew song of the century :diane: the people that hate on the song are superficial no printers just fax 

2 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

would charmander, charmelion and charizard bop to a superficial track? no.

Lol I love it :ladyhaha:

Hottie Detector

4 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

I think it's the complete opposite because in other scenes she cuts the dancers and doesn't want to change her hair color or lose her true self. Jump to SNL and she's got a bunch of dancers, different hair color and singing 'shallow' lyrics. I saw it as everything her and Jack stood for with their artistry was pushed to the side.

she does say "whats wrong with my hair" because she took it as an insult in the moment. then "I don't want to be blonde." 

Then...she wasn't blonde. Her manager, if you believe him, says orange was her idea. Makes sense to me. 

Her music she's nervous about and there's that scene in the dance studio about not losing what makes her talented but he reassures her and she seems to go with it. 

To me it tells a story of her realizing she wants to build a career and be successful and is navigating it in her own way. Making compromises where she can. She doesn't have blonde hair. She has orange hair. Her lyrics are fun and poppy but she also has love songs on the same album. Look What I Found she wrote before she even met the manager guy. 

She also says she "could have had a hit song" at the beginning of the movie. She wants to have hits! It's not all about being authentic and going as deep into her soul as she can at every possible moment for her. 

Yes, she made compromises. But she was in control more than Jackson thought. That's why I think she got so offended. She was proud of herself and her work. 

If you watch the Judy Garland version she's actually vastly more empowered than the female lead usually is. That was the perspective I came from. 

LeJudas

Wait, if Bradley switches the ft can't he release it on his own? Since technically he is the singer?

Can we expect Bradley to join the music industry even if he just wants to show off his vocals to the lessers? I hope so :vegas:

Boyboi12
4 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

would charmander, charmelion and charizard bop to a superficial track? no.

I will never look at them the same :rip:

diamondheartxx
4 hours ago, FlopSlurper said:

Cupcakke performs deepthroat with a passion, that doesn't mean the song is deep :poot: 

unintentional pun?:ohwell:

Defmix100
1 hour ago, SEANGT said:

she does say "whats wrong with my hair" because she took it as an insult in the moment. then "I don't want to be blonde." 

Then...she wasn't blonde. Her manager, if you believe him, says orange was her idea. Makes sense to me. 

Her music she's nervous about and there's that scene in the dance studio about not losing what makes her talented but he reassures her and she seems to go with it. 

To me it tells a story of her realizing she wants to build a career and be successful and is navigating it in her own way. Making compromises where she can. She doesn't have blonde hair. She has orange hair. Her lyrics are fun and poppy but she also has love songs on the same album. Look What I Found she wrote before she even met the manager guy. 

She also says she "could have had a hit song" at the beginning of the movie. She wants to have hits! It's not all about being authentic and going as deep into her soul as she can at every possible moment for her. 

Yes, she made compromises. But she was in control more than Jackson thought. That's why I think she got so offended. She was proud of herself and her work. 

If you watch the Judy Garland version she's actually vastly more empowered than the female lead usually is. That was the perspective I came from. 

I wish I saw it from that perspective, I see it as her manager constantly getting his way more and more and Ally conceding, but yeah you're right about her mentioning the hit song possibility at the beginning of the movie. I'll have to look at it from this perspective when I watch it again.

Archived