Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

I don't like the vocals on 'Shallow'

Notget

Featured Posts

Am I the only one who thinks she could've sang the song differently with a slightly different instrumental background? The vocals are kinda grating to me. :selena:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality

Differently how?

I can kind of see what you mean. I think that the instrumentals in the final part of the final chorus ("crash through the surface..." after the bridge) are kind of weird. "Weird" in the sense that I didn't necessarily expect them, not "weird" as in "bad". 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

DONAJENDRO

They were more grating in the trailer but yeah I see what you mean. Gaga's voice is kinda grating anyway now though

Mad Onna

Anderson123

Well that's supposed to be Ally's voice, not Gaga's. I used to think the structure of the song was weird but once I watched the movie I understood everything.

GhettoFabulous

All I’m saying is I wish we got the trailer version... :madge: like those vocals made a bitch moist then the official  release gave blue balls :madge:. While they’re at it we need the too far too gone version with Gaga like girl :madge::madge:

Robo Ga

I absolutely love the Shallow vocals, I get chills the way she sings "Or do you want more" every single time. Which is strange actually because I was always more on the side of Gaga's sweet pop vocal tone (ie ARUTW, Heal Me are the type of tone I love from her voice the most) but for Shallow I felt like the raw style and power of it just hits perfectly. I get how it's not for everyone though 

🤖⚡️

Quartz

Wow. The Shallow really made it as a hit. Haters are sprouting like hair that begins to show. You know a song is a hit when 'Is Shallow Overrated?' and 'I hate Shallow' become prominent topics in the upcoming days at GGD. Talent :diane:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

DONAJENDRO
9 minutes ago, hellothing said:

Wow. The Shallow really made it as a hit. Haters are sprouting like hair that begins to show. You know a song is a hit when 'Is Shallow Overrated?' and 'I hate Shallow' become prominent topics in the upcoming days at GGD. Talent :diane:

What kind of pointless post

Mad Onna

Quartz
1 minute ago, DONAJENDRO said:

A post pointing out how pointless my post was. Wow congrats buddy, you just made a post more pointless than mine :diane:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

4 minutes ago, DONAJENDRO said:

The same pointless post you posted when you referenced a tweet as news that WDYDT was going to be released as a single. :ladyhaha:

Archived