💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Why ASIB w/ Beyonce didn't happen

Borislshere

Featured Posts

Lextyr97
11 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

we don’t know what the music would have been like, it would have been very different from the version we received 

But that’s what I mean lol Gaga and Bradley go together perfectly and we had input from Gaga on song writing and stuff that obviously wouldn’t be there with Beyonce. I just don’t think BeyoncĂ© has as gritty as a voice that Gaga does to craft anything close to what Gaga and Bradley did, and I’m focusing mainly on that sound because it was cohesive to the movie itself if that makes sense

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Into every generation an ASIB actress is born. She alone can portray the role that will get the movie Oscar nominations and possible wins.

and it wasn’t Beyoncé :huntyga::oops:

Illuminati Freak

I think the pregnancy is an excuse. I remember there was another article on Variety saying the producer said Beyonce was asking a ridiculous amount of money to play the part. More than what a top female actress gets and they kinda laughed it off like no that ain't gonna happen. 

15 hours ago, NotMyFlop said:

IMHO, it has nothing to do with Beyoncé's acting abilities.

Beyoncé is Beyoncé. She is such a huge name. She is practically synonymous with pop culture. It would have been too much to strip it back. People wouldn't have been able to remove her from the role. 

+ Beyoncé has nothing to 'prove'. She is arguably the most respected musician out there, and this movie could've tinkered with that. However, Gaga's 2014-present narrative to rebranding and building herself back up NEEDED this movie to do that if that makes sense. 

Beyoncé could have given the defining performance in a movie and it still wouldn't be as well recieved as this because that is the 'usual'. No one expected something so great from Gaga. 

This false narrative that “BeyoncĂ© is arguably the most respected musician out there” needs to stop, like yesterday. BeyoncĂ© is not the best thing that has ever happened to pop culture. She hasn’t even had a hit song in years. She’s an amazing performer and a good album seller. But to put her on this pedestal as though she is the best thing to happen this decade, is why the beehive is so problematic. 

Anyway- to play the role of Ally, you need to have versatility. That is one thing Gaga has always had on BeyoncĂ©. BEyonce is great T doing BeyoncĂ©, but breaking g out of that falls pretty flat honestly. She wasn’t that great in her acting roles, and her characters are all very similar- mainly due to Beyoncé’s lack of versatility. To be honest- gaga is prob the most versatile female artist to come out in the 2000’s- this is why she has nailed every role she has played- and why she can switch musical genres so easily. 

In conclusion: BeyoncĂ© does BeyoncĂ© amazingly- and that’s just fine. We need a BeyoncĂ©. But pulling B out of her box is not as effortless as it is for an artist like Gaga. 

Spanish Eyes

Friendly reminder that you can criticize BeyoncĂ©s acting without commenting on the way she speaks. There is nothing wrong with AAVE, and literally any linguist will tell you that. It’s tantamount to prejudice to assume she’s not smart based on her accent.

Borislshere
8 minutes ago, Spanish Eyes said:

Friendly reminder that you can criticize BeyoncĂ©s acting without commenting on the way she speaks. There is nothing wrong with AAVE, and literally any linguist will tell you that. It’s tantamount to prejudice to assume she’s not smart based on her accent.

Thank you. I never thought I’d see gaga fans mocking the way someone speaks. 

Spanish Eyes
2 minutes ago, Dolce Vita said:

nn since when did the monsters hate beyonce? this thread :rip: 

Exactly. We used to get along well, back in the telephone days. I think they are frequently put against each other because, apart from Adele, they are among the most respected female top 40 artists. 

But like I said, I’m fine with people not liking BeyoncĂ©, but if your reasoning is that she is “competition” for Gaga, you’re pitting powerful women against each other. Let’s not. There is plenty of room for both of them and more female artists.

blackpink

What I will say though is that Bey would've done a great job, however her presence is just so huge that I feel like people would have a hard time separating Beyonce from the character, whereas Gaga hasn't been as huge with the GP for a while, so in a sense it made sense to cast her as her character can shine through without the GP being distracted by the fact that it's Lady gaga playing a character. If this makes sense. 

I love both Bey and Gaga :sara:

giskardsb

Why does this fanbase continuously drag Bey?  It’s possible that both Bey and Gaga are extremely talented and it doesn’t harm anyone, especially fans. But you all have to make everything a stupid competition. 

StrawberryBlond

Let's face it - Beyonce has never been an acting powerhouse. Despite the all-star cast and the hype Dreamgirls got, it wasn't enough to get people going to the cinema. $154 million worldwide box office on an $80 million budget is shocking considering all the backing it had behind it. And not only that, but Beyonce was never even nominated for one acting award for that role despite being the female lead and she got outshone by her co-star, Jennifer Hudson, who was just a lowly American Idol contestant who hadn't even won but despite that, went on to win various supporting actress awards, including an Oscar. That must have been embarrassing for Beyonce and the studio, to an extent. This kinda thing was probably rankling in the minds of the studio for ASIB. Beyonce is pretty much top of her game in every area except acting. Just for once, she and her fans have to accept that she can't be amazing at everything. I can't even imagine how this movie would have been like with her as the star. Totally different and without any of the musical authenticity, that's for sure.

3 hours ago, Illuminati Freak said:

I think the pregnancy is an excuse. I remember there was another article on Variety saying the producer said Beyonce was asking a ridiculous amount of money to play the part. More than what a top female actress gets and they kinda laughed it off like no that ain't gonna happen. 

I heard that too. It wouldn't surprise me. Beyonce is all about the money.

10 minutes ago, Spanish Eyes said:

Just now, Borislshere said:

Thank you. I never thought I’d see gaga fans mocking the way someone speaks. 

It's not her accent, it's the actual words and phrasing she uses. You do know she never completed her high school education because her parents were too busy trying to make her star, right? She doesn't have a command over language the way Gaga does and couldn't write songs of the level she does, never mind compose them. It's not a matter of making fun of her accent, it's just being realistic. Her diction also isn't that good and her tone of her voice is really gravelly these days, not good enough to pull off that heavenly enunciation Gaga utilises.

15 hours ago, Gaga4stef said:

All I can say is thank goodness it didn't happen. Gaga was a perfect choice. The relationship with Bradley's character is so genuine and believable. Beyonce could have never had that kind of chemistry with Clint or Bradley for that matter. Besides she isn't the musician or songwriter Gaga is. Bradley's version with Gaga was a slam dunk.

Bey was too busy putting her hubby on blast with Lemonade. She obviously needed to do that record and I imagine it would take all her concentration in the process. 

And also if you're trying to save your marriage or decide to leave, the last thing you want to do is spend weeks apart. You hunker down and figure shizz out especially when a young child is involved.

Archived