💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Forbes: Gaga is revitalizing CD sales

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Weasel
23 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I suppose you just need to decide whether the benefits are really worth it. I mean the sound quality difference is really not noticable unless you're really focusing, and the fact you need space to store physical copies is arguably a downside.

Personally I can't comprehend how the pros could possibly outweigh the cons here, but each to their own:shrug:

Well you can't play a record player without power either, so we'd all be screwed;)

How? It's called compact disc for a reason :deadbanana:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suspiria
2 minutes ago, Weasel said:

How? It's called compact disc for a reason :deadbanana:

Well who wants to carry a bunch of CDs around with them on their way to work, or on a nice walk? Even in your car, it's such a nuisance having to rummage through a tonne of CDs in your glove compartment trying to find the right album.

It may be more compact than a vinyl record, but digital downloads on a phone or ipod are infinitely more compact.

The CDs I haven't gifted are saved for sentimental reasons and are still unwrapped.  I listen to the downloaded copies.

I live outside the space time continuum.

1 hour ago, Suspiria said:

I kind of hope CD sales die off completely soon... there's really no need for us to be using all that plastic when we have digital music.

I mean, I totally agree, but I think we should also think about how the metals in our devices are sourced since that's not very ecologically sustainable either, ya know?

FrankGutz
1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

....they literally have tons of benefits, just speaking of audio quality. Sure you can also buy Lossless files online, but they are twice as expensive as CDs. And I agree that reducing the amount of plastic we produce is a good thing, but like... Let's start with things that aren't functional like this:

oranges-Twitter.jpeg

:rip:

is this real?? oh wow at americans lmfao

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

Weasel
10 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Well who wants to carry a bunch of CDs around with them on their way to work, or on a nice walk? Even in your car, it's such a nuisance having to rummage through a tonne of CDs in your glove compartment trying to find the right album.

It may be more compact than a vinyl record, but digital downloads on a phone or ipod are infinitely more compact.

Personally, I mostly buy them for display purposes. I rarely play them, but like I said, I can't display digital albums. 

Suspiria
9 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Personally, I mostly buy them for display purposes. I rarely play them, but like I said, I can't display digital albums. 

So what you're saying is, you don't care about using CDs as a means of playing music, you only want it as a collectors item?

In that case we really don't need hundreds of thousands of copies produced. Maybe just a couple hundred for those who want it as a display item.

AStarIsBorn21
20 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Well I hope you don’t own instruments, physical books, use paper to draw/take notes, etc. Most of those things can be easily replicated with a phone/digitally, and could reduce our need to destroy trees and the environment. :trollga:

Suspiria
Just now, AStarIsBorn21 said:

Well I hope you don’t own instruments, physical books, use paper to draw/take notes, etc. Most of those things can be easily replicated with a phone/digitally, and could reduce our need to destroy trees and the environment. :trollga:

Well... do you disagree with that?:laughga:

Having books online makes them more easily accessible to everyone. Digital drawings and notes can be more easily shared/replicated. Digital drawings have the added benefit that they aren't destroyed by say, spilling coffee on it or creasing the paper, because it isn't a physical thing.

Of course, art may or may not be able to be done digitally (depends on the piece, if you want it to be tactile or whatever). But for the vast majority of things - yes, paperless digital versions are far superior.

AStarIsBorn21
1 minute ago, Suspiria said:

Well... do you disagree with that?:laughga:

Having books online makes them more easily accessible to everyone. Digital drawings and notes can be more easily shared/replicated. Digital drawings have the added benefit that they aren't destroyed by say, spilling coffee on it or creasing the paper, because it isn't a physical thing.

Of course, art may or may not be able to be done digitally (depends on the piece, if you want it to be tactile or whatever). But for the vast majority of things - yes, paperless digital versions are far superior.

You completely disregarded what I said at first. Do you do those things physically? :trollga: If so you’re kind of a hypocrite. Of corse it would be better for the environment, but as humans most of us prefer physical things. Surely you’d prefer traveling to Rome and watching Lady Gaga live in concert vs. watching videos of Rome and Gaga singing. 

Suspiria
4 minutes ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

You completely disregarded what I said at first. Do you do those things physically? :trollga: If so you’re kind of a hypocrite. Of corse it would be better for the environment, but as humans most of us prefer physical things. Surely you’d prefer traveling to Rome and watching Lady Gaga live in concert vs. watching videos of Rome and Gaga singing. 

Well mostly no. I study architecture, I can do all my drawings and take notes on the computer. Unfortunately most books aren't online though yet (but wouldn't you rather be able to find a book online than have to hunt through a uni library and find the only copy is already taken?).

Of course for some things, like seeing a live concert, that is totally different. But whether you use a physical CD or a digital download, you're still listening to the exact same recording?:gaycat:

AStarIsBorn21
6 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Well mostly no. I study architecture, I can do all my drawings and take notes on the computer. Unfortunately most books aren't online though yet (but wouldn't you rather be able to find a book online than have to hunt through a uni library and find the only copy is already taken?).

Of course for some things, like seeing a live concert, that is totally different. But whether you use a physical CD or a digital download, you're still listening to the exact same recording?:gaycat:

Lol k bb. Go brush your teeth with your fingers or smth. 

Spartacus
2 hours ago, Danny Milk said:

I cannot buy music digitally so cds are my only choice of buying music legally

Why? 😱 And how many CDs do you have?

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Gagaism

I’m kind of a collector and I’m glad getting all vinyls and physic copies missing last week. I love all of them but ASIB, Fame Monster and ARTPOP are beautiful! 

Shipper
3 hours ago, Suspiria said:

I kind of hope CD sales die off completely soon... there's really no need for us to be using all that plastic when we have digital music.

I buy CDs because my car plays them and the sound is extremely better than using the car's bluetooth. It vibrates better and it gives you an out of body experience while driving.  Lol

In my experience,  only in a car with the CD or during an actual concert can you feel that booming and vibrating bass of music that gives you shivers. 

And using bluetooth somehow you lose that quality.  

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Archived