Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Forbes: Gaga is revitalizing CD sales

Supersonic

Featured Posts

AStarIsBorn21
2 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Of course CDs aren't single handedly destroying the planet, but it's literally millions (billions?) of pieces of plastic produced every year that simply don't need to be made - buying songs digitally is far more practical, physical copies have no real benefits.

Surely reducing the amount of plastic we produce can only be a good thing?

Some of us like to have CDs. If we want to reduce plastic maybe the CD industry can use Digipacs to reduce plastic cover waste. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Of course CDs aren't single handedly destroying the planet, but it's literally millions (billions?) of pieces of plastic produced every year that simply don't need to be made - buying songs digitally is far more practical, physical copies have no real benefits.

....they literally have tons of benefits, just speaking of audio quality. Sure you can also buy Lossless files online, but they are twice as expensive as CDs. And I agree that reducing the amount of plastic we produce is a good thing, but like... Let's start with things that aren't functional like this:

oranges-Twitter.jpeg

:rip:

LeJudas
41 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I kind of hope CD sales die off completely soon... there's really no need for us to be using all that plastic when we have digital music.

What if the power goes out when Michael finally finds the apocalypse for dummies handbook

22 minutes ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

Some of us like to have CDs. If we want to reduce plastic maybe the CD industry can use Digipacs to reduce plastic cover waste. 

Yeah and you should stop listening to Lady Gaga cause she is responsible for the CD’s and  omg I once received a bag of goodies when I saw her at Joanne World Tour and the merchandise contained plastic.. unstan that evironment killing bitch!!!!

for real - the problem is plastic that is used once : coffeecups, packaging of foods, bags etc. These are things u buy over and over. Something you buy once you buy once.

100.000 CDs sold once is different than the billion plastic cups used per day. :saladga:

Weasel
35 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Last time I checked I can't exactly display digital songs on my shelf :oprah:

Thomas P
51 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I kind of hope CD sales die off completely soon... there's really no need for us to be using all that plastic when we have digital music.

I really love having CDs. For me it’s more of a weird almost collective thing, but I find it nice have the music I love physically with me. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Slovakialop

ASIB has only sold 110k CD's in the USA? Weren't the pure sales about 450k? Becouse the pure sales can only be CDs, right?

Thomas P
Just now, Slovakialop said:

ASIB has only sold 110k CD's in the USA? Weren't the pure sales about 450k? Becouse the pure sales can only be CDs, right?

No it’s digital and physical 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

1 hour ago, Suspiria said:

Really sad to hear this kind of thing as a CD collector, it's painful to see artists not releasing CD copies which I can't physically appreciate no more. There's just this level of excitement when I get to see different editions of physical memorabilia that I can collect :messga:

00026 † 10000

Suspiria
46 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

....they literally have tons of benefits, just speaking of audio quality. Sure you can also buy Lossless files online, but they are twice as expensive as CDs. And I agree that reducing the amount of plastic we produce is a good thing, but like... Let's start with things that aren't functional like this:

:rip:

16 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Last time I checked I can't exactly display digital songs on my shelf :oprah:

13 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I really love having CDs. For me it’s more of a weird almost collective thing, but I find it nice have the music I love physically with me. 

I suppose you just need to decide whether the benefits are really worth it. I mean the sound quality difference is really not noticable unless you're really focusing, and the fact you need space to store physical copies is arguably a downside.

Personally I can't comprehend how the pros could possibly outweigh the cons here, but each to their own:shrug:

31 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

What if the power goes out when Michael finally finds the apocalypse for dummies handbook

Well you can't play a record player without power either, so we'd all be screwed;)

Davian
6 minutes ago, Mark said:

Really sad to hear this kind of thing as a CD collector, it's painful to see artists not releasing CD copies which I can't physically appreciate no more. There's just this level of excitement when I get to see different editions of physical memorabilia that I can collect :messga:

Ikr I really don’t like it when artists do that:messga: This was literally me when I found out that Jessie Js R.O.S.E. wouldn’t a physical copy... I had all her previous albums

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Archived