💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

All FFXV dlc cancelled after Episode Ardyn

Seeka

Featured Posts

Here is a rundown of the details. Or what I stole from Reddit. Here is an official source.

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/11/8/18075036/final-fantasy-15-dlc-canceled-episode-ardyn-hajima-tabata-resigns

1. Hajime Tabata resigned (or forced to) by Square Enix.

2. Tabata is going on to form his own company.

3. FFXV wasn't making enough money to continue DLC. And they're using Tabata quitting as further excuse not to do so.

All the dlc that has been cancelled is going to be released in some way, just not playable. Some peeps even hypothesize that episode Ardyn is in purgatory as well.

As for Tabata... I wish him all the success in his new endeavor. FFXV would have never been the same without him. It was his and his alone. 

Tabata, you were... The best.

I remember watching the trailer and I was amazed by the graphics, so what exactly happened to the game? why it was not successful as the previous Fabula Nova games?

I kinda forgot about the game because I don't have PS4 or Xbox One, so I didn't follow anything..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Reginald

:firega: 

Square-Enix's most ambitious project yet :golfclap:  

Maybe ending 15 early means that we'll get another main franchise game from them sooner.  Can't wait for KH3 

5 minutes ago, River said:

I remember watching the trailer and I was amazed by the graphics, so what exactly happened to the game? why it was not successful as the previous Fabula Nova games?

I kinda forgot about the game because I don't have PS4 or Xbox One, so I didn't follow anything..

It's no longer a FNC game. 

I may be overstating things but the game probably didn't meet expectations because people were waiting to buy a finished game.

It was still big and popular. Since it had some spin offs and stuff. An entirely mobile game and Comrades is being turned into its own thing.

But SE reported a loss of 33 million recently. I think Tabata, Luminous Engine, and FFXV is taking the brunt of the force even if it isn't their fault.

I bought the game the day it came out so I never touched the DLC. Way too expensive to keep buying new parts to the story every few months, should have been a complete and cohesive story to begin with. Which is a shame because the game is beautiful and it had a lot of potential. 

3 minutes ago, Reginald said:

:firega: 

Square-Enix's most ambitious project yet :golfclap:  

Maybe ending 15 early means that we'll get another main franchise game from them sooner.  Can't wait for KH3 

Yes. While Type-0 gave me hope for the future of FF, FFXV renewed my love for the series.

But I'm not sure if there will be another mainline original game.

FFXV was a serious shift in the series feel. 

Most of the studio is probably going to work on FFVII. Also, I wouldn't put it above SE to make 10-3. Oh and the sequel to Type-0 may happen.

I honestly feel we may get an unnecessary KH4 before FF16. If there is a FF16.

5 minutes ago, Logan said:

I bought the game the day it came out so I never touched the DLC. Way too expensive to keep buying new parts to the story every few months, should have been a complete and cohesive story to begin with. Which is a shame because the game is beautiful and it had a lot of potential. 

I think many studios are learning that they can't have unfinished games out on release day.

But honestly, I played it entirely unpatched and without dlc, and I still consider it a finished game.

Square Enix explained it once. The entire story is meant to be from Noctis POV. What he doesn't know, we don't know.

Though I'll be honest, episode Prompto and Gladio should have been in story. 

But they had fun with Ignis. So it deserves dlc status.

Judas Society

I wonder what's gonna happen to FFVII. I mean, all the main people behind the most popular franchise in gaming history has since resigned. I hope new blood will help continue this legacy and it would be a shame if this series one day die out.

I haven't touched 15 a while, so I just hope this doesn't affect 14 too much.  They already take profits from 14 to help develop other stuff; I'm afraid if they get too frugal it'll hinder active development of 14's updates and expansions.

RAMROD

That is the problem with modern games. Why can't these developers just sell one complete game anymore?!! The DLC is unecessary, although it is not as bad as "pay to win" nonsense on mobile games, it is still a form of micro transactions that I loathe so much.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

31 minutes ago, Judas Society said:

I wonder what's gonna happen to FFVII. I mean, all the main people behind the most popular franchise in gaming history has since resigned. I hope new blood will help continue this legacy and it would be a shame if this series one day die out.

No. Tetsuya Nomura is still there. While I love his designs, I heard he was the reason VS13 was a hot mess. And Square Enix wouldn't dare reign him in.

23 minutes ago, jsn said:

I haven't touched 15 a while, so I just hope this doesn't affect 14 too much.  They already take profits from 14 to help develop other stuff; I'm afraid if they get too frugal it'll hinder active development of 14's updates and expansions.

If 14 is anything like 11 it's only going to die out when another MMO is due out. So I'm assuming that won't happen until FF17-19.

21 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

That is the problem with modern games. Why can't these developers just sell one complete game anymore?!! The DLC is unecessary, although it is not as bad as "pay to win" nonsense on mobile games, it is still a form of micro transactions that I loathe so much.

Money. Though like how streaming has ruined music, internet connections have ruined AAA games. Most other game companies I adore don't do this sh!t.

I like FFXv and I feel it's a complete game without patches and dlc but I know if KH3 pulls this ****, I may avoid mainstay Square Games for a while.

Archived