💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Interscope CEO on ASIB Spotify Promo/GRAMMY/Oscars, + much more

Arturo

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Well Gaga is in the studio for long working on next album, she said many time she can't tell about it because she wants it to be a total surprise and I'm sure Interscope wants to enjoy the ASIB boost to push Lady Gaga's music with her own solo material.

Don't get me wrong ASIB is very successful, but I'm not sure it is the project that could last years in charts especially it was made for promoting a movie. Let's see in few months if it's still standing strong without the movie being in theaters and without promo.

The focus of the next few months will be Enigma, and seeing who is involved, I'm sure it has some links to new Lady Gaga music. 

Is Gaga really in studio though? 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona
1 minute ago, kevinsteve said:

Is Gaga really in studio though? 

Well she was for months with people who aren't involved in ASIB, so yeah she's definitely on something else for long. I think sooner this months BP and BN were back in the studio in LA too. 

Bradley

I'm surprised by their confidence in Shallow being within top 10 of Song of the Year, I hope they are right.

Arturo

bumping this. surprised more Gaga fans weren't interested in hearing how the CEO of her label thinks when it comes to music release promos/strategy. 

Judas Society

It's high time Gaga collab with Kendrick again. She's back in that R&B sweet spot with ASIB judging from her "pop" tracks. It would fit so well with what Kendrick is doing.

KatieJudasGaga4
On 11/9/2018 at 5:04 PM, Bradley said:

I'm surprised by their confidence in Shallow being within top 10 of Song of the Year, I hope they are right.

Sad how Girls Like You and The Middle are up there too..

The spotify comment made me sigh of relief and think "FINALLY". This is supposed to be normal procedure for everyone of Gaga's releases in the streaming age. Let's hope they didnt just do this for ASIB cuz it's massive. They need to do this with all her records from now on.

Also Interscope truly is one of the best record labels when you look at their range of artists and how well they've handled many of them. Sure they might have handled Gaga's streaming horribly up until ASIB (which was an undeniable success) but overall they are pretty great. Just looking at the success of their artists like Gaga, U2, Selena Gomez, Eminem, Marshmello, Benny Blanco, Imagine Dragons, Maroon 5, Ella Mai, DJ Snake, Kendrick Lamar, SZA (I think she is signed to Interscope and Kendricks label?) etc...they have a fabulous roster of super succesful artists both new and old. This is rare. A lot of labels only have a couple massive acts and only live off of those acts but Interscope has many and they vary in succes, genre etc...

Also thank you @Arturo for sharing this! :hug: 

Arturo
8 minutes ago, dit said:

Also Interscope truly is one of the best record labels when you look at their range of artists and how well they've handled many of them. Sure they might have handled Gaga's streaming horribly up until ASIB (which was an undeniable success) but overall they are pretty great. Just looking at the success of their artists like Gaga, U2, Selena Gomez, Eminem, Marshmello, Benny Blanco, Imagine Dragons, Maroon 5, Ella Mai, DJ Snake, Kendrick Lamar, SZA (I think she is signed to Interscope and Kendricks label?) etc...they have a fabulous roster of super succesful artists both new and old. This is rare. A lot of labels only have a couple massive acts and only live off of those acts but Interscope has many and they vary in succes, genre etc...

Also thank you @Arturo for sharing this! :hug: 

Yeah that's what I've been saying in the charts thread at least for 2017-present that Interscope is the place to be if you're a new/upcoming artist. They put so much work into artist development which is why Ella Mai and Juice WRLD are having such a great break-out year. Also looks really good that Gaga and Kendrick have been there since the beginning of their albums and haven't left an obvious sign of them renewing their contracts. Eminem also hasn't left them and he's been signed to them since his 2nd studio album in 2000.

And you're welcome! I thought everything even the non-Gaga parts were super interesting. Also I think SZA is signed to RCA.

11 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Yeah that's what I've been saying in the charts thread at least for 2017-present that Interscope is the place to be if you're a new/upcoming artist. They put so much work into artist development which is why Ella Mai and Juice WRLD are having such a great break-out year. Also looks really good that Gaga and Kendrick have been there since the beginning of their albums and haven't left an obvious sign of them renewing their contracts. Eminem also hasn't left them and he's been signed to them since his 2nd studio album in 2000.

And you're welcome! I thought everything even the non-Gaga parts were super interesting. Also I think SZA is signed to RCA.

Perfectly said. They absolutely care about artists development and they look for the long term. They arn't just churning out hits attached to artists, they are churning out artists with hits (if that makes sense lol). Personally speaking my one huge concern with Gaga was always her streaming but since ASIB was handled PERFECTLY I have huge faith about how they will work with her next records. I think they were always worried their investment wouldn't amount to anything but with ASIB they were proven that once you invest they get a lot in return with Gaga. I mean the record is already almost at 400M spotify streams and she just had another WW hit. Things are looking brighter than ever!

and yes I'm pretty surprised this thread didn't pop off some more. Has very insightful stuff. I LIVE for record label insider stuff (from real ppl who really work there :poot: ) lol

derpmonster
11 minutes ago, dit said:

Hasï»ż very insightful stuff. I LIVE for record label insider stuff (fromï»ż real ï»żppl ï»żwho really work there :poot: ) lolï»żï»ż

You mean like that monster's mom who works at Netflix and has contacts at Interscope? 

Or the monster who heard 2 Interscope executives chat about "dark" LG5 in the bathroom while pooping? :poot:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

You mean like that monster's mom who works at Netflix and has contacts at Interscope? 

Or the monster who heard 2 Interscope executives chat about "dark" LG5 in the bathroom while pooping? :poot:

SCREAMING! :air: The Netflix one is so iconic and I never even read the thread it was posted in I think :air: 

derpmonster
2 hours ago, dit said:

SCREAMING! :air: The Netflix one is so iconic and I never even read the thread it was posted in I think :air: 

Omg that thread was a mess. The person claimed that we'd see ARTPOP era stuff and how gaga was "clinically dead" (like she actually died and was resuscitated) due to pain medication overdose at one point and that was inspiration for Dope :air:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Archived