Tragic.

Gaga fans best DREAM for 50k pure sales for the Lg6 lead :sharon: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndyDWUW
3 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

True, but I seriously don't want Ariana first #1 song in the US to be this tbh. She has better songs than this. But, congrats for her.

Better than no #1s :cryga: Nicki is shook

TSUNAMI
41 minutes ago, Admin said:

These claims are based on nothing.

Wrong.

It's all about the value.

People value what they pay for. Period.

Economy
4 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Happy for Ariana, but for this song? Seriously, NTLTC deserved the #1, this song is too..eh

4 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Happy for Ariana, but for this song? Seriously, NTLTC deserved the #1, this song is too..eh

I love the song it's catchy AF 

That may easily explain the streams ppl are replaying it I know I did and I'm not even a huge Ariana fan (not that I dislike her tho)

Economy
1 hour ago, JFK said:

I'm so annoyed by that.

But we do live in the world where quantity is more recognized than quality so there's that.

On the other hand I'm gload Ariana is pulling that off because she's a signer in her own lane.

She was one of the artists that didn't bandwagon on Gaga's image nor she wasn't "inspired" by Gaga as other artists were/are. She did that with her own style and we should give a props for that because Ariana is mostly authentic.

That's not true. A sale still counts for a lot more points than a stream

But so few people now a days buy music anymore that of course streams will still outweigh sales.

If 90% of ppl only stream now... How can you expect the charts to reflect the ones who still buy music over everyone else just because they still use the old system???

It would be a very inaccurate measure of you try to get 10% of the population all the sampling power and ignored the other 90%

Sales are mostly dead. They make a small percentage of overall music activity especially for singles (albums still get a little more because of people who collect them)... 

You can't blame quantity over quality for this

As I said a sale still counts way more than a stream. There's just too few people buying these days for it to count a lot regardless

Economy
1 hour ago, Judas Society said:

Yea, I'm happy for her too. She's one of the new generation pop stars that I kinda follow and is into. I noticed her since she sang Tattooed Heart at the AMAs, which Gaga was also surprised by that performance.

But I get so mad. Gaga is the kinda of polarizing artist where if they like her music, they will fork out their hard earned cash for it. Like, I get it that there are people are too poor to pay for music. But streams doesn't fairly justify if people really like it. Her music is all over the top lists on Spotify and people are just playing that song from that list, without even really listening to the song. So it's not the right measure for popularity. For example, when people buy ASIB soundtrack immediately after watching the movie because they become so attached and touched by the music, that shows that they really like the music and is willing to fork out cash to buy it. So why is it lower than songs that are probably being just played on a playlist by people who couldn't really care less about the song? An accompaniment to people's ear when they're doing whatever they are doing? Like background music. 

Its true some streams may be added if they  are in a play list and people not paying attention...

But sales have accuracy problem as well

On the whole in some ways I still think streaming is actually a more accurate measure of overall popularity

and Problem, Into You, NTLTC couldn't get to no 1 like wtf :shocked:

Edit: but I'm REALLY happy for her, she deserves it

DONAJENDRO
2 hours ago, Judas Society said:

It's kinda weird how Shallow has been #1 on iTunes for a whole month and it's barely reaching #1. thank you, next has been out for a few days and it's already #1? I feel like there needs to be more weightage on the number of sales. 

Tbh the charts need to weigh streaming even more now. Nobody buys music and the charts should be representative of what people actually listen to

Mad Onna

Economy
2 hours ago, DONAJENDRO said:

Tbh the charts need to weigh streaming even more now. Nobody buys music and the charts should be representative of what people actually listen to

This!

Archived