💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

New pop singers are unambitious nowadays

Bradley

Featured Posts

GoldenPonyboy
2 minutes ago, That J said:

This is truth. Where is the new Manson? Or the punk girls? Or the avant garde garage band? 

Music is PUNK.  Where is the punk?? 

There is no spirit of rebelion anymore. No more passion. Music today is basically chicken fingers and fries. It gets the job done but can we please apice it up

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will not accept any hate towards Carly Rae Jepson, she really is that bitch who just makes some bops for the gays and is so ****ing sweet

That J
4 minutes ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

There is no spirit of rebelion anymore. No more passion. Music today is basically chicken fingers and fries. It gets the job done but can we please apice it up

It doesnt get my job done but YES exactly. 

I dont mean to hate on everything. There are some artists I live for.  ROBYN is still representing soul. We just need more of it. Chicken fingers and fries...with no salt and an empty bottle of ketchup.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

gumzy3000

Pop is so boring now. No wonder mumble rap is so popular now (even though that sucks as well) :toofunny:

trolly troll troll

RAMROD

That's because majority of new pop starts are record labels puppets. They do what their label asks to do. All they wanted is to get rich and little bit famous. Camilla is the most obvious example for this. I doubt they care about leaving marks in the industry or having an impact on their fans personal life or even care about their art. It is all basically fast food for the ears these days. But enjoy the bops while they can offer some, I suppose. :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Glamourpuss
4 hours ago, That J said:

I grew up in the 80s and I got used to change in the late 80s, change in the early 90s, change in the late 90s, change in the 00s...

Out of ALL those times of music, I've never seen a period so stuck in the mud as todays music is.

I'm honestly glad some people enjoy some of it. I'm just speaking as someone who has always been a music person who has been there and grew with the music and it's just not inspiring anymore, not challenging, it's just monotonous dry soul.  Not all of it of course...I'm saying overall. Just my opinion. No harm meant. 

Same for me too. I agree with your post. Pop music has always been exciting. But now it's just so dull. 

LeJudas

Not only that. They barely even have talent. People can't even tell them apart especially the ones that sound like they're half asleep and loaded on sleeping pills. 

LeJudas
4 hours ago, GoldenPonyboy said:

I will not tolerate this hate crime against chicken fingers. :crossed: they're one of the best foods ever created. 

Chicken Tenders>>Fingers>>Selects 

Tendies win 

YourCureness

Because a lot of you girls are defending Charlie something, imma try to give her songs some streams. 

Bradley
5 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Lol you guys are just really blinded by your bias towards 2010 pop music because that's the music you grew up with and loved.

Pop music is no more generic or samey than it was back then. Kesha, Katy Perry, Rihanna etc. were all using the same producers, all had that same electro-dance pop sound and sang about the same things. Yeah their looks were a bit more distinctive and memorable, but in terms of the music thingďťżs really weren't that different.

They are better vocalists definitely, they don't try to sound trendy or make that girly indie voice that sound like every typical female walking on the street. Also they are awesome performers and have no problem with commanding arenas and stadiums.

I'm sorry none of the artists in the first category could perform.

Bradley
5 hours ago, ashae said:

I will not accept any hate towards Carly Rae Jepson, she really is that bitch who just makes some bops for the gays and is so ****ing sweet

I have nothing against her personally but brother have you seen her on stage? :awkney:

She seems like she's doing karaoke.

dynamite

It's true but the industry has changed. It's all been done before. All that's left is to strip it back and then become exciting again I guess, lol.

Celebrities have been de-masked (:lolga:) thanks to the internet and social media, anyone can be famous and singers are just like everyone else on Instagram now... except richer. I don't think famous people are the gods they used to seem like in the past. They used to be unreachable and every piece of news was exciting. Now it's all just another tweet.

I'd still poo if I met Gaga though.

Archived