💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

Top 10 Things A Star Is Born (2018) Did Better Than the Other Versions

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Pop Music

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Poissonche

Wow... I have not watched the old versions yet, but damn, does the male lead look like an asshole in the three of them, based on the clips they used.

Pop Music
1 minute ago, Poissonche said:

Wow... I have not watched the old versions yet, but damn, does the male lead look like an asshole in the three of them, based on the clips they used.

Jack is like a sympathetic asshole bc of his addictions. Like you hate him when he calls ally ugly but understand that's not what he meant 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

3 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

Agreed. I think Jackson Maine is such a pure human being. I completely fell in love with him. He loved Ally too much. 

37 minutes ago, GaGaSwift said:

Jack is like a sympathetic asshole bc of his addictions. Like you hate him when he calls ally ugly but understand that's not what he meant 

This exactly.

Quartz
1 hour ago, Poissonche said:

I watched the original one from the 30s and the male was far from an asshole.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Oriane
14 hours ago, Poissonche said:

The worst one is the Kristofferson version, you just can't have sympathy for his character, he's a complete macho.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Glamourpuss

I've only seen Barbra Streisand's version. Kris Kristofferson wasn't the least bit likeable and I thought that the emotional scenes weren't really moving. When he dies she's just like "oh well, he's gone" and she didn't even act devastated. I didn't feel any emotion from the songs. I'm so grateful for Bradley and Gaga's version. 

GypsyBabe

I agree with a lot of this video. I really enjoyed how Jackson as a character was really fleshed out and not simply two dimensional like the other versions. He wasn't just a guy threatened by his lovers success and consumed with jealousy. Bradley made him actually sympathetic and likable which made the ending even more powerful. I mean, just the way he looks at Ally, with all that tenderness. He just couldn't escape himself in the end...

⚯͛

Archived