Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Erase One Gaga Album

Twitter

Featured Posts

17 hours ago, derpmonster said:

Teen want you to go back to MadonnaNation

This has nothing to do with what you said, but removing Hair as a promotional single album would've made a single... so a better outcome since it's amazing XD

Spoiler

Sorry for the confusion :ladyhaha:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suspiria
1 hour ago, DONAJENDRO said:

The NFL wanted to hear her album before giving her the slot, she said it herself

Well of course if they're giving an artist the SB they're going to want to hear their upcoming album. Mostly just to check that it was "safe" and wasn't going to have any major backlash. Like if she  was going to make any super radical statements or say anything offensive on her soon-to-be-released album, they may not want to be associated with her.

I could live without Cheek To Cheek, to be honest. 

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

Didymus
14 hours ago, Serial Chiller said:

All the Joanne haters can choke tbh. Without it she wouldn’t have earned the Superbowl deal and ASIB would (probably) never have happened. I’m very thankful that C2C and Joanne came to be. 

If she needed that album to do the Superbowl then that only proves she sobered down her style and became far too mainstream tbh :chica:

And ASIB would've totally happened. Bradley had more than enough amazing jazz and other cover performances to die for :vegas:

Didymus
12 hours ago, PussyGlam said:

The ones picking Joanne don't know how to appreciate it. I think because most of you are so young. I don't mean that in a condescending way. In ten years time when you've grown up and experienced more of life you will understand it more. Gaga said she wanted to make music for the age she is at now. I am similar in age to her and was desperate for more grown up pop. I think most of you all will think the same once you've grown up a bit.

lmao

I'm 25 and I think the exact opposite. I literally think most songs on ARTPOP are more mature than that drivel :huntyga: I mean, oh yeah, the "I used to  be a stripper" song, the "let's smoke blunts", "let's hang out with cowboys", "I don't want my aunt to be dead", "I'm masturbating", "girls should stick together," "why is there so much hate in the world" songs etc. wow.

Some of you fans make the mistake of just believing the image she's trying to invoke and then not checking it with the music. While Gaga may have presented herself as having grown up and finally "having something to say" that didn't reflect in the music at all.

Why would you recommend Joanne for someone who's in their 30s? I would recommend The Fame Monster tbh, god knows it's far more complex lyrically and musically.

FrankGutz
12 hours ago, PussyGlam said:

The ones picking Joanne don't know how to appreciate it. I think because most of you are so young. I don't mean that in a condescending way. In ten years time when you've grown up and experienced more of life you will understand it more. Gaga said she wanted to make music for the age she is at now. I am similar in age to her and was desperate for more grown up pop. I think most of you all will think the same once you've grown up a bit.

im ****ing old and I don't like Joanne. X2

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Glamourpuss
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

lmao

I'm 25 and I think the exact opposite. I literally think most songs on ARTPOP are more mature than that drivel :huntyga: I mean, oh yeah, the "I used to  be a stripper" song, the "let's smoke blunts", "let's hang out with cowboys", "I don't want my aunt to be dead", "I'm masturbating", "girls should stick together," "why is there so much hate in the world" songs etc. wow.

Some of you fans make the mistake of just believing the image she's trying to invoke and then not checking it with the music. While Gaga may have presented herself as having grown up and finally "having something to say" that didn't reflect in the music at all.

Why would you recommend Joanne for someone who's in their 30s? I would recommend The Fame Monster tbh, god knows it's far more complex lyrically and musically.

I love The Fame Monster but for me at thirty I'm over that kind of music. Gaga singing about getting drunk in a club just doesn't cut it anymore especially when it doesn't fit mine or her lifestyle as it is now. Gaga lives in Malibu and rides horses and raises chickens. The Fame Monster doesn't fit her life as it is now.

This is why I said what I said about it ageing with her fans...

Perfect Illusion is the demise of a relationship. I broke up with my fiance around the same time and thought what I had was a perfect Illusion. Most young people haven't had serious relationships to understand the depth of the lyrics. They'll just bop to the tune and chant "it wasn't love!" when some haven't had that experience of being in love yet. 

Million Reasons - pleading with your partner to stay and love you (that one good reason). Younger people have more shallow relationships. Some haven't had a committed relationship where they were planning on having a family. 

John Wayne - that feeling after the grieving period of a relationship when you're ready to date again but you don't want to get serious with anyone just yet. You want to get a wild and have fun.

Joanne - losing a loved one. Most young people haven't experienced a loved one dying or what it takes to care for someone. I had to care for a terminally ill family member a few years ago. The first verse including the words "every part of my aching heart needs you more than the angels do" chokes me up the same way it did for her dad because it takes you to that moment of vulnerability where you know there's nothing you can do but let them go. 

Sinners Prayer - which is about her acknowledging her flaws and wanting forgiveness from God. 

I could say more about the other songs. I feel that just like ARTPOP it was executed incorrectly because the album comes across as a bit soulless and trying too hard to make it have a meaning. That's what I mean about the fans growing with it. As they experience different things they'll be able to feel more connected to certain songs and they will realise that the songs had more depth than they previous thought. 

I understand that not everybody matures at the same rate though. 

1 hour ago, FrankGutz said:

im ****ing old and I don't like Joanne. X2

I meant maturity not the number of your age. Perhaps I should have elaborated. 

But why don't you like it? 

Luv u Sum

Wow this thread is MESSY :air:

I dont even know how to answer this question to be honest. 

I want to say Joanne. Tho it was a good album for her personally to make the era as a whole didnt have much going on besides Superbowl. But she got that before the album was even announced.. same with ASIB. So saying those accomplishments came from Joanne is silly. 

The fame launched to career bigger than any other female artist 

The fame monster changed pop music for the better making her an Icon 

Born This Way tightened her bond with her fans more than ever before. Solidifying her message of equality and acceptance and love. Stamping it into the hearts of billions across the world for generations to come. 

ARTPOP was an extreme expression of hate and anger. She took everything she had bottled up in her from her life as an artistic woman abused by the industry and exploded into an album the world wasnt ready for. Followed by an era of even more pain and suffering. Teaching her very valuable lessons. 

Cheek to cheek mended her heart. Her friendship with tony and making their creation together healed her in a way nothing else could and she wouldn't be where she is now without it. 

Compared too all of that Jonanne is the least significant. Yes it was a more mature way of handling her pain and fixing issues with her family but that specific era in regards to what she did with her album doesn't compare. And if I had to get rid of one It would be that. 

Didymus
1 hour ago, PussyGlam said:

I love The Fame Monster but for me at thirty I'm over that kind of music. Gaga singing about getting drunk in a club just doesn't cut it anymore especially when it doesn't fit mine or her lifestyle as it is now. Gaga lives in Malibu and rides horses and raises chickens. The Fame Monster doesn't fit her life as it is now.

So then how do you justify her singing about how she just wants to **** cowboys and smoke weed? :cryga: Then how is she still singing about masturbating?

There was one song on TFM that was about dancing in a club and leaving responsibilities behind (not even getting drunk), all other six had very different lyrical themes that were actually quite challenging for pop's landscape back then.

The fact that you can't even see how TFM's songs are lyrically complex, dark and very mature for pop music just shows you're dealing with stereotypes. If it's an electronic bop sound it must be shallow, if there's a guitar on it and Gaga's wearing a cowboy hat and little make-up, it must be authentic and mature. ****ing embarrassing, especially when you're gonna lecture others on how to "mature" before "getting" an album.

Perfect Illusion is the demise of a relationship. I broke up with my fiance around the same time and thought what I had was a perfect Illusion. Most young people haven't had serious relationships to understand the depth of the lyrics. They'll just bop to the tune and chant "it wasn't love!" when some haven't had that experience of being in love yet.

But then how was that a new peak of maturity for her when she had already released songs like Brown Eyes, Speechless, Dope etc. :ladyhaha:

Even if it was more mature, the fact that she still chose to push it into a pop format shows she's not as "mature" oriented as you seem to want to believe. Fact is, she released better and more "mature" sounding songs about heartbreak way before Joanne, so nope, that doesn't cut it.

This also counts for MR. Both those songs were basic compositions with lyrics that could've gone a lot further. So no, definitely not outshining TFM.

John Wayne - that feeling after the grieving period of a relationship when you're ready to date again but you don't want to get serious with anyone just yet. You want to get a wild and have fun.

Now that is a mother****ing reach if I've ever seen one. What the hell is that whole grief storyline? Perfect Illusion hasn't even happened on the album lol

Compared to Monster, which is a song about date rape, that is a basic ass, unchallenging, totally orthodox pop song that everyone could've released. Next.

Joanne - losing a loved one. Most young people haven't experienced a loved one dying or what it takes to care for someone. I had to care for a terminally ill family member a few years ago. The first verse including the words "every part of my aching heart needs you more than the angels do" chokes me up the same way it did for her dad because it takes you to that moment of vulnerability where you know there's nothing you can do but let them go.

But those lyrics are basic af. So no.

I'm not putting down her emotion or her inspiration, but no girl. Just because a song was inspired by something real doesn't mean the song is good. Those lyrics are cheap, bland, repetitive and unoriginal.

Again, compared to something like Speechless and Dope it's basic, unimaginative and unimpressive musically and lyrically.

Sinners Prayer - which is about her acknowledging her flaws and wanting forgiveness from God.

And we'll all relate to that when we're 30? lol bye

I could say more about the other songs. I feel that just like ARTPOP it was executed incorrectly because the album comes across as a bit soulless and trying too hard to make it have a meaning.

That is a perfect description of Joanne. And many critics have picked that up too.

Glamourpuss
38 minutes ago, Didymus said:

So then how do you justify her singing about how she just wants to **** cowboys and smoke weed? :cryga: Then how is she still singing about masturbating?

There was one song on TFM that was about dancing in a club and leaving responsibilities behind (not even getting drunk), all other six had very different lyrical themes that were actually quite challenging for pop's landscape back then.

The fact that you can't even see how TFM's songs are lyrically complex, dark and very mature for pop music just shows you're dealing with stereotypes. If it's an electronic bop sound it must be shallow, if there's a guitar on it and Gaga's wearing a cowboy hat and little make-up, it must be authentic and mature. ****ing embarrassing, especially when you're gonna lecture others on how to "mature" before "getting" an album.

But then how was that a new peak of maturity for her when she had already released songs like Brown Eyes, Speechless, Dope etc. :ladyhaha:

Even if it was more mature, the fact that she still chose to push it into a pop format shows she's not as "mature" oriented as you seem to want to believe. Fact is, she released better and more "mature" sounding songs about heartbreak way before Joanne, so nope, that doesn't cut it.

This also counts for MR. Both those songs were basic compositions with lyrics that could've gone a lot further. So no, definitely not outshining TFM.

Now that is a mother****ing reach if I've ever seen one. What the hell is that whole grief storyline? Perfect Illusion hasn't even happened on the album lol

Compared to Monster, which is a song about date rape, that is a basic ass, unchallenging, totally orthodox pop song that everyone could've released. Next.

But those lyrics are basic af. So no.

I'm not putting down her emotion or her inspiration, but no girl. Just because a song was inspired by something real doesn't mean the song is good. Those lyrics are cheap, bland, repetitive and unoriginal.

Again, compared to something like Speechless and Dope it's basic, unimaginative and unimpressive musically and lyrically.

And we'll all relate to that when we're 30? lol bye

That is a perfect description of Joanne. And many critics have picked that up too.

First of all, there's no need for the attitude. If you can't have a polite discussion at the age of 25 then you are quite frankly immature. 

I just explained in my last post about John Wayne. :triggered: 

As for smoking weed, that's not exclusive to a young person and it doesn't mean the person is immature if they smoke it. Please use a better example.

I can see how TFM's lyrics were complex for the age she was at then. But she's grown as a person and an artist. She wants to write about much deeper issues and I feel that if she wrote TFM now, the lyrics would be better. She was younger back then and didn't have the life experience that she does now. And as for the song about masturbation. How is that exclusively a topic for younger people? Women of all ages do it, I still do it and I'm sure Madonna still does. (Ewww, don't picture it). But the main theme is healing. She does it to make herself feel better. 

As for saying I'm lecturing others. It's you who clearly has taken issue with that. It was merely an observation, not a belittling remark. As a 30 year old I can put my hand on my heart and say I'm not the same person I was when I was 25. I've been through so much in the last 5 years and if I was face to face with the younger me we'd have nothing in common. I simply meant that as you grow you experience new things and become more wiser. 

You just said if Joanne was mature she wouldn't have made pop. Why can't an older person make pop music? Why are you so ageist?

I'll agree with you about MR being a bit basic but I don't just look at the song. I think about the video, 5 foot 2, the interviews and what her life was like at that time and I make my judgements based around that. I think the song didn't properly convey the emotion if I'm being honest but she tried to tell us in other ways. 

You clearly didn't understand my explanation for Perfect Illusion. What do you think the song means? Enlighten me. The way you talk about it calling it basic compared to Monster shows you don't understand the lyrics or the song at all. :toofunny:

As for cheap bland repetitive lyrics. What about Telephone? 

Also, what the critics say about Joanne. I don't give a ****. I like to make my own decisions without being swayed by other people. 

I think I feel more connected to Gaga on an emotional level so that's why I can understand her perspective. She said she wanted to make music for people her age and something that she herself would listen to. I am similar in age and feel that Joanne was the album I needed at the time.

You come across as a very one dimensional person and you have alot of growing up to do. I recommend that you work on how you talk to people first of all. Oh and bookmark me and let me know how you feel about Joanne once you've grown up a bit. :giggle:

Archived