💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

US Pop Radio Refusing to Spin Shallow - “Doesn’t sound like top 40”

Stef

Featured Posts

aaronyoji

why do some of you guys act like shallow or any song from ASIB is somehow "unpolished" like lmao? ultra violence was unpolished, courtney loves music is unpolished, shallow is very precise and fine production wise, so stop using that as an excuse. and yes, if adele released similar tripe with her easy emotional ballad cadence, I'm sure people would have a very different reaction. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Admin said:

It's not very radio friendly. The vocals and production are still very raw. You can't really compare it to those polished Adele songs.

The only Gaga ballad that sounds « Adele » to me is Is That Alright? and that’s mostly it. i really get what you mean about MR and Shallow!

I live in the sf Bay Area and they seem to love it here! Ive heard it several times on all of our main "top hit" stations 

Arturo
3 minutes ago, Smcgibben said:

I live in the sf Bay Area and they seem to love it here! Ive heard it several times on all of our main "top hit" stations 

based on All Access

99.7 is spinning it 31 times a week. It's a Pop station.

97.3 is spinning it 90 (!!) times a week (it's their #2 most played song behind Girls Like You). This is an Adult Pop station.

Just now, Arturo said:

based on All Access

99.7 is spinning it 31 times a week. It's a Pop station.

97.3 is spinning it 90 (!!) times a week (it's their #2 most played song behind Girls Like You). This is an Adult Pop station.

Haha yay another Bay Area monster! I've heard it the most on 99.7 but I don't listen to the radio much 

Arturo
1 minute ago, Smcgibben said:

Haha yay another Bay Area monster! I've heard it the most on 99.7 but I don't listen to the radio much 

I actually live in San Diego

I just have an all access account so when people on here say they hear it on their stations in the US I check to see how many times it's actually being spun lol

IAmNotHere1997

Well, duh? It's a country-rock song for God's sake. Top 40 would never touch something like this. They mostly like upbeat songs, with exceptions if your name is Adele or Ed Sheeran.

SchwineLove
9 hours ago, Admin said:

Yes because if Adele sang it, it would have a much more radio-friendly vocals, production, and structure.

I love you Admin for being realistic, fair, and sensible ❤️

MonsterPaws

Honestly, this is why I dislike radio and favor streaming.

I can actually discover new artists or music on Spotify's "Top X" charts or biggest hits charts. Most of them are similar to what's on radio but I find that streaming encourages you to discover new music more often.

Radio is often just the same 10 songs over and over again.

giskardsb
10 hours ago, aaronyoji said:

why do some of you guys act like shallow or any song from ASIB is somehow "unpolished" like lmao? ultra violence was unpolished, courtney loves music is unpolished, shallow is very precise and fine production wise, so stop using that as an excuse. and yes, if adele released similar tripe with her easy emotional ballad cadence, I'm sure people would have a very different reaction. 

Pop fans expect that ultra processed “sheen” on everything.  I hate that myself, it takes all the dynamics and life out of performances and dehumanizes it. 

Disagree that Shallow is “tripe” however. 

Chromatislaps
17 hours ago, mariomania1234 said:

Let's take that as a major compliment lol. She's smashing regardless.

an Organic HIT is UNbothered :tony: 

12 hours ago, aaronyoji said:

Exactly. This is not "unpolished". I'm sure some will also add that "the mixing is off" too. Like wtf.

Glamourpuss

Admin person I disagree. It is a pop song. It might not be the same structure as other pop songs but that just goes to show how they are all formulaic. Like the first post says, how is the chart supposed to grow and change if they don't allow diversity. The song is clearly in demand so it should be played. 

Archived