news

US Pop Radio Refusing to Spin Shallow - “Doesn’t sound like top 40”

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlaeUrAnus

SO HOW CAN MUSIC EVOLVE IF ITS THE SAME ****? 

Sorry guys, **** like this infuriated me :grr:

In my messy era.

Well they’re right, it doesn’t sound like the crap that’s on top 40. It belongs on streaming so the people who have good taste can listen to it whenever they want instead of waiting for the latest badly written pop songs to cycle through each hour.

😊

StrawberryBlond

Radio has been looking for excuses not to play Gaga for a while and it's really annoying. When the public reacts well to a track, it should be played on the radio by default. They're going to make radio play become extinct even quicker than it actually is if this continues. Streaming now means the public won't stand for being forced into liking certain stuff anymore.

22 hours ago, MonsterInThe6 said:

Even though it seems like pop radio wont play Gaga as much, can we appreciate she's still this girl.

That video where she dives with Justin is one of the hottest things I've ever seen. I didn't know she did it during the Joanne era either. Honestly, if it hadn't been for her fibro, she might well still be doing it.

nswain1110

Sure it's not getting massive updates but it's in fact getting played and is gaining at pop radio - It gained one spot today, and sits at #30 with 1903 spins, up 88 spins. https://kworb.net/radio/

So some stations are holding off on playing it? That's typical of any new song, especially one that bucks the current trends such as Shallow, a country leaning ballad. Those songs take time to build at radio. If it's a true hit, and audiences respond well, it will push through and win over more stations. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

ssslyboy
35 minutes ago, nswain1110 said:

Sure it's not getting massive updates but it's in fact getting played and is gaining at pop radio - It gained one spot today, and sits at #30 with 1903 spins, up 88 spins. https://kworb.net/radio/

So some stations are holding off on playing it? That's typical of any new song, especially one that bucks the current trends such as Shallow, a country leaning ballad. Those songs take time to build at radio. If it's a true hit, and audiences respond well, it will push through and win over more stations. 

That's true.  This could actually be the start of a really slow burn, and the song peaking around Oscar time in February.  It could eventually become a massive pop hit.  So, y'all need to calm down.  :classy:

21 minutes ago, ssslyboy said:

That's true.  This could actually be the start of a really slow burn, and the song peaking around Oscar time in February.  It could eventually become a massive pop hit.  So, y'all need to calm down.  :classy:

I'm smelling another Just Dance experience y'all :vegas:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

ssslyboy
1 hour ago, T3rrorBlade said:

I'm smelling another Just Dance experience y'all :vegas:

She planned it this way: exactly a decade later.  Queen of ten year anniversaries. :classy:

On 11/1/2018 at 11:44 PM, fmaximilian said:

#2018RadioIsNotOurs

#2018RadioIsTrashAndDon'tWantToPlayMeBecauseIamDifferent:saladga:

there is only one bitch // the real one // B R I T N E Y

10 hours ago, RudzXinc said:

Of course US and their taste of music :awkney:

Not “our taste” of music obviously. The radio has been garbage here for years because the execs want to push very similar sounding music. People in America still buy good music though, which is why Shallow is number one on  iTunes, but not reflected on radio. 

This whole “everything must have a certain sound, with mindless lyrics, auto tuned vocals, computer generated instruments”thing to get played on radio really stifles musical education,  thought provoking singer song writers, and just the quality of music in general. Radio really needs to get in tuned with the people, and what the people really want to listen to. 

Arturo
20 hours ago, nswain1110 said:

Yup. And if you sort by days you’ll see that Shallow is the 7th newest song at 14 days.

The oldest song is Love Lies at 231 days and it hasnt even peaked yet

Archived