celeb

New Poppy song "Aristocrat" samples Alejandro

jujubaruda

Featured Posts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JazzGa

Both this song and Alejandro sample the great band ABBA! 

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

CautiousLurker

Alejandro is better :queenga:

Men are naturally more dominating, aggressive, and logical thinking because we have balls.

The more I see from this girl, the more I’m convinced she just created this “persona” to excuse the basic, generic music she’s putting out. 

JazzGa
1 minute ago, Vegas said:

The more I see from this girl, the more I’m convinced she just created this “persona” to excuse the basic, generic music she’s putting out. 

Yes??? I am pretty sure that was obvious? I mean what alternative theories are there, that Poppy is REALLY an innocent gender-confused android? :selena:

The only note I'd add is that the persona was largely her boyfrienduceranager's (that's boyfriend/producer/manager to you plebs) idea. It is unclear how much influence the young woman who currently plays Poppy had on the character. I'd love to see her ditch the manipulative egomaniac Titanic Sinclaire in the dirt one day and see what ideas she really has, if any. 

TeenIdle
29 minutes ago, jujubaruda said:

Take a listen. Garibay is credited.

Alejandro is produced by RedOne :oprah:

2 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

I'd love to see her ditch the manipulative egomaniac Titanic Sinclaire in the dirt one day and see what ideas she really has, if any. 

My point is exactly that. She doesn’t really have anything substantial besides her Poppy persona. 

Lottie Winters
Just now, Vegas said:

My point is exactly that. She doesn’t really have anything substantial besides her Poppy persona. 

Listen to her new album. 

JazzGa
9 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Well their project started out as creepy uncanny-vally Youtube "art" videos, which a robot girl fit perfectly into. Then when she got cultishly popular, she was offered an album contract. She was literally handed a music career for being successful in creating a character people were drawn to.  So I think that's where a lot of the issue comes from-- rather than being a musician who created a persona to attract an audience, she is a persona who was given a music career. It doesn't leave a lot of room for re-inventing herself or exploring her identity (or for, yknow, musical talent and growth). If she ditches Titanic she could re-brand herself, but I'm not sure if she has the drive and vision to do it. 

DONAJENDRO
30 minutes ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Both this song and Alejandro sample the great band ABBA! 

except abba was never credited on alejandro like they deserved :selena:

Mad Onna

• Admin locked this topic

Archived