it was #19 so fellΒ 1Β :huntyga:

gay engineer

FRANZGA

Shallow debuting low in Callout ScoresΒ :noparty:

Β 

Praying for it to grow... can't blame the listeners tho.Β 

Bradley
7 hours ago, Doncho said:

I never thought Gaga would win Best Actress. A nom alone would be fantastic. If the Academy doesnt nominate her, people will riot and they will have to give Shallow Best Song... so its a win win for usΒ :sis:

Actually according to multiple experts on Gold Derby, who have a very accurate record of predicting nominations and wins (you can take a look at their previous years' predictions), she is leading the race over Glenn Close, Melissa McCarthy and Olivia Colman. She's also leading the Golden Globes race, along with Bradley to win Actress, Actor, Motion Picture Drama and Song.

I'm not sure if you guys have been following the Oscar race as tightly as I haveΒ but even the GP knows Gaga has more chances of winning Best Actress than anyone else.Β Now I'm not saying that is 100% happening, Gold Derby is fairly accurate, but not perfect.

And I never understood this 'they will give her Original Song if they don't give her Actress' narrative. Only actors can vote for actors, and only musicians can vote for musicians. They are separate groups of people, and when theyΒ cast their vote, they really don't consider what the other voters in the other category are doing.

Bradley

Also I would like to point out that Gaga is arguably the only one who is nominated for almost all major awards, including the critics' association awards. A lot of actors like Glenn, Toni and Melissa get nominated for some, but not all.

Her biggest competitor is Olivia Colman, because she too is nominated for a lot of these critics' association awards.

I feel like Glenn is going to lose another year, and the battle will be between Olivia Colman and Lady Gaga, who are predictably going to be the respective winners of the Comedy and Drama Golden Globes,Β unless Glenn Close wins Drama.Β Then I don't think Gaga will win the Oscar, but we still have a nomination to strive for.

It's impossible to win every single critics' association award, some go to Toni, some Olivia, some Elisie Fisher, some Gaga, it's very widely dispersed.

Why do i feel like Gaga chose the ARUTWΒ thumbnail? :poot:Β 

Gaga: Hey Bobby let's keep this frame as the thumbnail

Bobby: Of course Gaga of course! But may I please ask why?

Gaga: Cuz like it has a lot of sunlight in it...blocking our eyes from the frame..."Arizone Sky...burning in your eyes" Get it? :vegas:Β 

Bobby: Of course :poot:Β 

Β 

The IMAX expansion has helped her overall points immensely this weekend. She is at 3500 points onΒ Kworb's artist points ranking. The highest it's been in a good like 2 weeks I believe :vegas:Β 

Β 

Β 

ArtGagaPop
5 minutes ago, dit said:

Why do i feel like Gaga chose the ARUTWΒ thumbnail? :poot:Β 

Gaga: Hey Bobby let's keep this frame as the thumbnail

Bobby: Of course Gaga of course! But may I please ask why?

Gaga: Cuz like it has a lot of sunlight in it...blocking our eyes from the frame..."Arizone Sky...burning in your eyes" Get it? :vegas:Β 

Bobby: Of course :poot:Β 

Β 

it should been one of those 25432x different closeups of her at the piano, or literally any other shoot from the videoΒ :madge:

HitTheBoat
1 hour ago, Kitsch said:

And I never understood this 'they will give her Original Song if they don't give her Actress' narrative. Only actors can vote for actors, and only musicians can vote for musicians. They are separate groups of people, and when theyΒ cast their vote, they really don't consider what the other voters in the other category are doing.

That's only during the nominations phase. Everyone can vote in ALL categories during final voting.
https://www.oscars.org/oscars/voting

Bradley
31 minutes ago, HitTheBoat said:

That's only during the nominations phase. Everyone can vote in ALL categories during final voting.
https://www.oscars.org/oscars/voting

I see, thanks for clarifying. In that case, it explains why Writing's On The Wall won over Til It Happens to You, since the former is the more popular song, and I assume most people who are not musicians did not listen to all the songs nominated, so the most popular one has an advantage.

I really hope this doesn't affect Gaga's chances of winning Best Actress, but the Golden Globes is a huge indicator so let's wait for January 6 first.

• Admin locked this topic
  • Admin unpinned this topic

Archived