The chain continues...

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland

1988: Kylie Minogue

1998: Britney Spears

2008: Lady Gaga

2018: Alice Chater

EDIT: Since this list confused everyone. I'm not saying they are similar or same. The only connection is that all of them debuted in the eighth year of the 80s/90s... People who have been on pop forums for a while know about this "connection". 

Introducing to you, the dance pop savior, Alice Chater :vegas: And when I say dance pop, I truly mean it. 'Hourglass' is a four-on-the-floor dance floor anthem, Alice's 3rd single, which seems to be slowly taking off and introducing her to the pop fandom. 

I'm gonna need every each and one of you to check out the song. I guarantee you, no one will regret it :vegas:

She's a great dancer as well, the Hourglass video was one take. There aren't many videos of her live performances so far, but here are a few, she seems to have strong stage presence:

Spoiler

Okay but no one cares about a hot girl with a few bops that can't sing? Say no more :vegas: She can SING dahlin :vegas:

Spoiler

You can go to her Instagram profile, she has a story called 'sanging' with clips of her delivering snatching vocals, trust me, I'm not exaggerating :vegas: 

She has the bops, the stage presence and the vocals... she's all it takes to continue the chain :vegas: 

Here are her other two songs:

She has released covers of 'Vision of Love' and 'Hung Up', look them up.

So? Thought? Can Alice be the new it pop girl? :vegas:

sethrb101

I'm just not feeeeeling it. I feel so forced to accept some mysterious new pop queen on the horizon and I just haven't seen one as iconic as a Gaga or Britney. When Gaga busted on to the scene, it felt special. I'm waiting for THAT feeling again.

#Gaga2020

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, benKo said:

I listened to all three and I thought I heard the same song :huntyga:

You heard all in 4 minutes?

It's a no from me, NEXT

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

MaryJaneHolland
4 minutes ago, sethrb101 said:

I'm just not feeeeeling it. I feel so forced to accept some mysterious new pop queen on the horizon and I just haven't seen one as iconic as a Gaga or Britney. When Gaga busted on to the scene, it felt special. I'm waiting for THAT feeling again.

1 minute ago, River said:

It's a no from me, NEXT

I'm not comparing her to Gaga, y'all don't have to be with your head in the clouds :huntyga:

joannesrats

She's good and all, but you're acting like Gaga, Britney, and Kylie aren't in the scene anymore. Gaga has the #1 album right now, Britney just landed a HUGE Vegas deal, and I'm sure Kyle is up to something (don't come for me I just don't follow her). 

I hate this whole thing that we see basically once a week of "Oh she's the next GAGA" or something like that. We said that about Dua Lipa and pretty much nothing really new or revolutionary has come from her. All of this new pop music just sounds like a slightly updated version of what Gaga was doing in 2007-9. It's not new, it's good and all, but it isn't revolutionary. 

joannesrats
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

I'm not comparing her to Gaga, y'all don't have to be with your head in the clouds :huntyga:

You compared her to Gaga, Britney, and Kylie when you brought them up at the very start of your post. 

1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

You heard all in 4 minutes?

I don't need to listen to every second of the song to know how it sounds in general. And they are very similar in terms of production and rythm of what I heard.

Mirrion Rizzons
7 minutes ago, benKo said:

I listened to all three and I thought I heard the same song :huntyga:

Is that such a bad thing? I mean I'm a britney stan but BOMT, Oops!, Stronger and lucky are all basically the same song too

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

You compared her to Gaga, Britney, and Kylie when you brought them up at the very start of your post. 

Except I didn't. :rip: I mentioned all of them because of the "theory" that every eighth year of the decade a new pop girl comes out. Alice is coming out now with what they did, a dance song that is slowly taking off and gaining her attention.

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, Mirrion Rizzons said:

Is that such a bad thing? I mean I'm a britney stan but BOMT, Oops!, Stronger and lucky are all basically the same song too

And obviously songs that are all supposed to be from one project have the same vibe, I mean logic error 404

Archived